Status: Complete.

Scribbles of a Broken Heart

Working it Out

“Did you accept his offer?”

“Of course I did.”

“But your parents did not allow you to have a boyfriend then,” Ms. Templeton deducted.

I gave out a dry chuckle, “They still don’t.”

I couldn’t stop smiling as I followed him to his house, thoughts of the bus ride home still fresh in my mind.

“You have a lot of homework?” Garrett asked while fetching a few snacks.

“Nah, did it yesterday. You?”

“Same. I was quite bored when you weren’t here; there was nothing better to do.”

“I’m glad I provide your entertainment.”

“Was that supposed to be a flirt?”

“It’s whatever you wish it to be,” I said over shoulder as I made my way to the family room. “Where’s Stacey?” She was usually in the family room once we got off the bus, eyes
glued to Disney Channel on the television screen.

“She had Brownies today. They’re getting the cookies for them to sell today.”

“Oh. Wanna watch a movie?”

“No, let’s chill up in my room. We have to talk.”

“You know, everybody says that those are the four worst words to hear.”

“Oh, please,” he walked over to where I was standing, “It’s nothing bad. And come on, we
just got together. Why would I want to break up with you?”

I bit my tongue as I walked up stairs, resisting the urge to say ‘For the same reasons you didn’t want to go out with me.’

“So what’s up?” My voice shook as I plopped on the floor, reclining my back at the edge of his bed.

“Don’t’ be nervous,” he reassured and took the spot next to me. “I just want to talk about us.”
I stayed silent, hoping that he would just continue.

“I don’t want this to just be another two week thing for me. You’re different from all the others, you’re not only my girlfriend but you’re also my best friend, and I don’t want either relationship with you to be messed up.

“And…I know that you’re not allowed to date.”

“Is that I problem?” My face scrunched up.

“No, but we’ll have to be careful. I don’t want your parents to suspect. Will I be able to call you more though? Go on dates? Tell people?”

“I know what you mean, my parents said that if they found out I had a boyfriend that they would transfer me to another school.”

Garrett’s face fell.

“Don’t worry though; I don’t think that they were serious.”

I took a moment to think about all his questions. I couldn’t blame him though, this relationship was going to be tricky.

“Of course we can talk on the phone more, but it has to be at nights and weekends. That way we can talk unlimited and my dad won’t suspect too many minutes being used.

“And...you know that I can’t convince my parents to let me out much, but I’ll just say that I’m going to the movies or something with Allison and we can meet up.

“And we can tell people at school. Even if teachers find out I don’t think that they’ll tell my parents. And they never go to the parent/teacher conferences that aren’t mandatory.”

“So we’ll have to sneak around.”

“Sorry,” I apologized. I knew that I could lose him because of this. There were many girls that liked him at school—ones that were allowed to date too.

“That’s alright, I think you’re worth it,” he said jokingly

“You think?” I said in the same tone.

“Kidding, I know you are.” His eyes turned serious as he spoke.

“How can you be sure?”

“Because you’re sure I’m worth it too.”

“What do you mean?”

The smile on his face was wide, “I’m not allowed to date either.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Would somebody please help me? This story wasn't following the guidelines so it isn't coming up on the story over view. Somebody please tell me how to get that change.