Status: Active!

If We Jump

Pull Yourself Together Or You'll Wash Up Like The Rest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dakotah’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next day with a pounding headache from the events of the night before. I rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. I glanced in the mirror on my way by. Damn, I was a mess. My eyes were puffy from crying and I still had my makeup on from the night before all streaked down my face.

When I got out of the shower, I checked my phone. I had 4 texts from Stephen. That’s it. No phone calls. No voicemails. Baby, please answer me. I’m so sorry, let me explain, please said one of the messages. I didn’t answer at all. After what he did, I think I at least deserved to talk to him on the phone, but I guess I was wrong. But truthfully, I knew that if I did, I’d be right back in his arms. I wouldn’t be able to say no and I would take him back, that’s for sure. Maybe I was making too big of a deal out of this, but he knew things about me that no one else knew. He knew my history with Brent, and he knew how hard it was for me to open up to people. I guess that’s what made me the angriest and the most hurt, out of all the other things. The fact that he knew it was hard for me to trust people; it took me months, even to trust him.

I spent the next month avoiding The Summer Set. That month had led up to me leaving for school. Instead of moving into a dorm, I was going to live with my grandparents, the very home I had moved out of with my mother and brother one year ago, until I could afford an apartment. They only lived a few minutes away from the campus. John and I kept in contact through the phone- texts and calls- and he always promised to give my best to the band, but I made him promise not to tell them where I went. I didn’t want any of them, especially Stephen, to convince me to go back home to Arizona. This was my dream to go to school here. As far as the rest of the band knew, I was still hiding out in Arizona.

School started last week. It was nice to be home. My classes were mostly during the morning, so I usually had the afternoons and nights to myself. A lot of my old friends still lived here and I made a lot of new ones at RISD. I was majoring in Fine Arts, more specifically, Illustration. I was surprisingly doing very well in my classes, getting mostly A’s and a few B’s.

By the time I was a junior, things were going great. My life was on track and although I would never fully get over my first love, I was dwelling on the Stephen situation a lot less. Some days, it didn’t even cross my mind. I wouldn’t allow myself to get a new boyfriend, though, especially not until I had graduated. I wanted to focus on school and be able to get a successful job. I had grown up a lot in my time here, even I’ll admit that. I don’t know how to explain it. I just felt different.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been three years since any of us last saw Dakotah, but her and I texted frequently. Josh, Brian and Jess had caught on to the fact that she moved far away, but Stephen still denied it. “She wouldn’t just leave” he kept saying. We just got back from our yearlong tour through Europe and Australia. Now, we were home. One day I had walked into Stephen’s room and he was just sitting there on the bed, staring straight ahead doing nothing. I had seen him like a few times in the past three years, but now that we were home it was happening more. I think the problem was, he never had time to get close to someone new while we were on tour so he was stuck with who he already knew- Dakotah.

“Stephen. What are you doing?” I sighed. He turned his head to look at me.

“Nothing man, I just realized she’s actually gone. I made her leave.” He said slowly.

“Come on dude! You just need to get over her! Find someone new!” I tried to sound enthusiastic.

“I don’t want someone new.” He said.

“Well, anyway I came in here to tell you that we have a meeting tomorrow with our manager about where were going to write the new record. We have to be at the studio at 11.” I explained and turned to leave. Stephen usually wrote a lot of the lyrics for our songs, but since everything went down, he could barely write a chorus. As I left the room, I had a brilliant idea. I pulled out my phone and went outside to call Courtney so no one else would hear.

“Courtney!” I yelled as soon as she picked up. “I need to talk to you about writing our album! Meet me in 10 at Chipotle!”

--------------

“Where are you taking us to write the album?” I asked her as I sat down opposite her in the booth she chose. She smirked and shook her head.

“Why Jonathan, are you trying to trick me into telling you before the others?” she said, pretending to be surprised. I guess that’s why she thought I called her here.

“No, no, I just need a favor, a huge favor.”

“And what might that be?”

“We need to go to Rhode Island.”
♠ ♠ ♠
oooooh. what will happen when they're reunited? Probably not what you think...