I Knew You Were Trouble

You Did The Right Thing

Olivia smiled as the sun hit her face, She was enjoying her time with Harry it was a couple of days into their holiday and she must admit it had been fun, even thought they had to share their holiday with Cristiano and his annoying girlfriend. Just as she closed her eyes she felt a drop of water on her skin, she opened her eyes to see Cristiano standing over her with a bottle of water in his hand and a smirk on his face

" Can't you go and annoy your girlfriend?" she asked as she sat up in her chair.

Cristiano laughed a little as he took the chair next to Olivia " Irina is on the phone to her family" he replied.

" Well go and annoy Harry" Olivia muttered, not wanting Cristiano anywhere near her, her eyes flickered to his topless body, and she kicked herself when Cristiano caught her staring, she looked away blushing a little.

Cristiano leaned in to Olivia " Now where would the fun be in that, when I can annoy you" he grinned, as he sat back in his chair.

" My god you are so annoying" Olivia muttered as she opened her water and drank deeply, aware that Cristiano was watching her.

Cristiano chuckled lightly as he pulled his sunglasses from his face " Thirsty?" he asked innocently with a sly smile on his face.

" If I ignore you will you go away?" Olivia asked, as she put some sun cream on her skin, she was hoping Harry would hurry and come and join them, before she actually killed Cristiano.

Cristiano shook his head as he held his hand out for the sun cream, Olivia eyed him warily but handed the sun cream to him thinking he wanted to put it on himself, instead he opened and poured it all over Olivia.

" Cristiano" Olivia yelled loudly, Cream all over her skin.

Cristiano couldn't control his laughter, Olivia wanted to be mad at him but listening him to laugh made her almost smiled,she would never admit it but she did miss their friendship.

" I need to go and changed because of you" Olivia complained.

Cristiano smirked devilishly at Olivia, before he picked her up and walked towards the pool with her, ignoring her yells to put her down.

" Cristiano put me down now" she yelled angrily, hitting his back a couple of times, but he just kept walking to the pool with her.

Olivia yelled loudly as Cristiano chucked her into the pool, she swam to the edge of the pool spluttering a little, while cursing at Cristiano, who found it so funny he was standing on the edge bent over laughing so hard.

An Innocent smile Crossed Olivia's face " Help me out?" she asked, holding her hand for him to take.

Cristiano just laughed and walked away, knowing she wanted to pull him into the pool " I hate you" she yelled after him, which just made him laugh even more. Pulling herself out the pool she walked back to her chair and began to clean the mess Cristiano made.

" What happened here?" Harry asked, a shocked expression on his face.

Olivia glared at her boyfriend " Your lovely friend decided to pour sun cream on me and then dump me in the pool" she spat at him.

Harry roared with laughter and Olivia was not impressed, grabbing her book and bag she decided she would head back up to their room.

" Olivia wait up" Harry called out, hoping to calm his girlfriend down.

Cristiano watched as Harry chased after Olivia, he almost felt bad for him but then he remembered how Harry stole Olivia away from him and that bad feeling went away quickly, he thought back to when he told Harry he liked Olivia more than a friend, he should have gone straight to Olivia but He thought Talking to Harry about it first would have been better , how wrong was he.

When Harry had told Cristiano he also had feelings for Olivia, he pleaded with Cristiano to let go of Olivia saying he could give Olivia a more stable life and at the time Cristiano had agreed, with football taking over his life, he didn't have much for anything else so he gave Olivia up for his best friend and ever since he has regretted that decision. So instead he pretended to hate Olivia, it worked like a charm because of the way he treated her after they spent a night together, but he was getting tired of putting on an act all the time.

" Babe can we get something to eat?" Irina asked, dragging Cristiano from his thoughts.

Cristiano smiled at Irina " Sure lets go" he replied, holding his hand out for her.

***
Harry smiled as he closed the ring box and put it into his pocket, he had been planning this for a while and he hoped that Olivia would say yes, they had been together two years now and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, he did have his doubts about her feelings for him though, he wasn't stupid he knew she used to have feelings for Cristiano and sometimes he caught Olivia looking at Cristiano in more than a friend way but he knew she would never do anything about it.

" So where are we going tonight?" Olivia asked, as she turned her back to Harry, so he could zip up her Purple dress.

Harry zipped Olivia's dress up " I thought we could go out for some dinner" he suggested.

" Just the two of us?" Olivia asked.

Harry nodded his head he had the perfect moment planned and he just wanted it to be the two of then " Yeah just the two of us" he smiled, as he pressed a light kiss to Olivia's bare shoulder.

Olivia smiled back at Harry, glad they were having some alone time, maybe if they spent more time together the feelings would come flooding back, but she doubted it, if she was being truthful with herself she never felt about Harry the way he felt about her and she felt bad for it. Harry deserved a girl who would love him fully back and not just because she was settling for him.

" We could maybe take a walk along the beach afterwards" Harry smiled.

Olivia nodded her head as she grabbed her bag and followed Harry out of their room, they headed down for dinner, as they took their seats Olivia automatically looked around the room until her eyes landed on Cristiano and Irina, he looked so bored as he lowered his head to listen to his girlfriend.

Cristiano suddenly looked over at Olivia a genuine smile crossed his face, before he turned his attention back on Irina.

" I didn't know Cristiano was going be here" Harry mumbled, looking very nervous.

Olivia stared at Harry " You invited him on this holiday remember" she reminded him.

" I know I did, I wanted you both to get on and since you have both made peace its made me a little uncomfortable" Harry admitted.

Olivia sipped on her wine " Why has it made you uncomfortable I thought this is what you wanted?" she asked, shaking her head at Harry's sudden mood change.

" Can we not talk about him tonight?" Harry snapped at Olivia.

Olivia was a little surprised at Harry's mood but nodded her head, without saying another word, she picked up her menu and scanned the menu hoping tonight would end better than she feared.

***

Harry pushed his plate aside after they had stopped talking about Cristiano, dinner had been pleasant and he thought they had reconnected and now was a good time as any, he reached for Olivia's hand and linked it with his.

" Oli, we have been together for two years now and I love you more as each day passes" Harry smiled.

Olivia smiled back at Harry, then looked away and caught Cristiano's eye he winked at her before she looked back at Harry, she could not keep pretending this was not fair on anyone.

" I know we have been struggling a little of late but that happens in every relationship, what I am trying to say to you Olivia is I want to spend the rest of my life with you" Harry smiled, as he pulled the ring box out of his pocket.

Olivia stared at the ring box in horror, feeling what was about to happen, she swallowed nervously she could not marry a man she didn't love.

" Olivia will you marry me?" Harry asked rather loudly, drawing a few excited gasps from the room.

Olivia covered her mouth with her hand, she felt sick, tears sprung in her eyes she hadn't expected this at all, she looked at Cristiano, he was the only other person in the room who knew her true feelings for Harry.

" Olivia don't keep me hanging" Harry said, laughing a little but panic grew in his eyes.

Pushing her chair back Olivia stood up abruptly aware that people were waiting on her answer " I am so sorry Harry, I can't marry you, not now not ever" she mumbled, tears running down her face, she hated that she was breaking his heart but better now than later. Grabbing her purse she ignored the whispers and hurried out the room, ignoring Harry's heartbroken cries. She had done the right thing in time he would see that.

***

Olivia watched as the waves crashed together as she sat on the beach, she couldn't bring herself to go back to the hotel room. She felt so bad for Harry but in time he would realize that she had done him a favor. He would eventually move on and fall in love with someone else a girl that truly deserved his love, Olivia didn't, she had been living a lie for two years and Harry deserved better than that.

It was beginning to get cold but Olivia didn't care, she wiped the tears away from her face, she heard someone walking towards her, she hoped it wasn't Harry she could not deal with him right now.

" Everyone has been looking for you" Cristiano said, as he took his coat off and placed it around Olivia's shoulder.

Olivia sighed a little as she stared up at the sky " On a scale of one to ten how much does Harry hate me?" she asked, as Cristiano sat down

" Harry doesn't hate you, he is just hurting" Cristiano replied quietly.

Olivia looked at Cristiano " I couldn't marry him, you were right I didn't love him, I couldn't marry him" she rambled.

" You did the right thing, I am not here to judge you Olivia" Cristiano said.

Olivia stared at the waves " I am such a bad person" she muttered.

" No you aren't, You told him the truth" Cristiano replied.

Harry was going to hate her and she wouldn't blame him this was such a mess " Why are you being so nice to me?" she asked.

Cristiano played with some sand with his hands " Do you want me to be mean?" he asked with a teasing smile.

Olivia shook her head " I like this Cristiano better" she said, as she leaned her head on his shoulder, not aware they were being watched.

" I should never have gotten with Harry, I did that just to spite you" Olivia admitted.

Cristiano knew that he had pushed Olivia into Harry's arms and he couldn't help feel a little sad at the way things had been played out " You must have loved him to stay with him for two years" he replied.

" Maybe I loved him in my own way but that never came close to what I felt..... Olivia trailed off, blushing a little.

Cristiano smiled sadly " What you had felt for me?" he finished for her.

Olivia nodded her head " I hated you for the last two years because you didn't fight for me, but underneath that hate the love I had for you didn't really die" she mumbled.

" I didn't fight for you because Harry asked me not too, he made a pretty good case, I thought you would be happier with him" Cristiano said.

Olivia stared at Cristiano " How could you think that?, I meant what I said to you that night, why didn't you spare us both the heartache and took a chance with me?" she asked getting angrily.

" I was an idiot and thought my best friend deserved you more" Cristiano replied.

The waves crashing loudly made Olivia jump a little " And what did I deserve?" she asked.

" More than Harry, I was just too scared too admit it" Cristiano said.

Olivia shook her head as she slowly got to her feet " We should head back to the hotel, there is no point talking about what could have been" she muttered.

" I am sorry Oli" Cristiano said quietly.

Olivia sighed a little " Sorry doesn't really cut it anymore, If you had really loved me you would have fought for me" she spat at him angrily.

" I wanted to, I was going to but Harry got there first and you seemed happy Cristiano replied, as he followed Olivia along the beach.

It slowly started to rain, but Olivia was too upset to care, she stopped and turned back to face Cristiano " I don't know who I hate more, Myself or you" she yelled at him, if Cristiano had just told her the truth they could have spared Harry the heartbreak

" Oh believe me I hate myself at times" Cristiano sighed.

Olivia stared at Cristiano part of her wanted to kiss him, but the other part wanted to hate him for the mess she currently found herself in " You should go back to your girlfriend" she said.

" I can't leave you now, not in this state" Cristiano said gently.

Slipping out of Cristiano's coat she handed it back to him " I am not your problem" she muttered.

" Let me walk you back to the hotel at least" Cristiano smiled a little.

Olivia shook her head " I need to be on my own right now, you being here is just making me more mad, go back to Irina" she snapped at Cristiano, before she turned and stalked down the beach, she needed some to think about what she was going to do next. This had been the holiday from hell and tomorrow she decided she was going to go home, there was no point in staying on this holiday.