The Moment I Knew

Talking Is Overrated

Alesha flinched a little as Cristiano slammed doors, he had been in a foul mood since Real Madrid's defeat to Atletico Madrid the night before, it had been a heavy defeat so she wasn't surprised that he was not taking the defeat all that well. She didn't know what to say to him, things between them had been weird since the other night she had heard him telling Irina he had missed her. if she was honest she was a little embarrassed that he had rejected her again, she hadn't been totally drunk that night, she knew what she was doing. A few months ago Cristiano would have had no problems sleeping with her whether she was drunk or not, so she didn't understand his sudden change in attitude.

Cristiano stalked around the kitchen opening and slamming cupboard doors, Alesha sighed rolling her eyes as she kept eyes on the magazine in front of her, she had a feeling Cristiano was wanting a fight and she was not about to give him one. Cristiano had barely said two words to anyone all day, instead he just sulked like a kid and she was a little tired of it. Alesha was kind of glad that she would be leaving for London tomorrow.

After spending a a couple of Months in Madrid, Alesha had told Cristiano she wanted to go home for a few days to see her family and friends she hadn't seen in two months, plus her agent had gotten her some work for a few days. After the strange couple of days between them Alesha needed a little space from him, she just didn't tell him that as it would just lead to a fight. She would be back by the weekend, and had promised that she would be at his game.

" It was just one game" Alesha said gently, but the minute those words had left her mouth she knew she had said the wrong thing to Cristiano and so did Ricky who had been sitting quietly eating his lunch, he looked up shaking his head slightly at her.

Alesha sighed a little as she looked at Cristiano, he was glaring at her like she had just said the worst thing in the world to him. " Just one game, we lost three points" He yelled at her " We were so pathetically bad" he continued to rant at her.

Cristiano was so frustrated with how he played, he knew he could play a lot better than the game he had played last night, he was just needing to vent his anger and unluckily for Alesha she was his target.

" You can't win every game Cristiano" Alesha sighed.

Ricky shook his head wanting Alesha to stop before she really pissed Cristiano off, when he got like this the best thing to do was just ignore him until he came out of his strop.

" You don't like football that much, so you just don't get it" Cristiano sneered at her.

Alesha stared at Cristiano shaking her head a little she knew he had lost an important game, but he had no right speaking to her like she was stupid.

" Come and talk to me when you are in a better mood" she snapped at him, before she left the room.

Cristiano went to go after Alesha but Ricky stopped him, knowing if he went after her now they would just fight " You go after her now, you will just fight with her" Ricky said.

The fight left Cristiano's body he was just so angry at how easily his team had lost last night " Maybe you are right" he sighed, feeling a little bad at taking his anger out on Alesha.

" I am always right, lets hit the gym and you can work off your frustration on the punch bag, a thing Alesha is getting good at" Ricky smirked a little.

Cristiano smiled a little and nodded his head he could do with a work out " I just feel useless, I was basically invisible for the whole match the fans deserve better" he replied.

" I watched the match Cristiano and you tried your best, that is all you can do" Ricky smiled.

Cristiano shook his head disagreeing with Ricky " I just wished I had tried a lot harder" he sighed

" You will come back stronger in your next match" Ricky said, smiling.

Cristiano smiled at Ricky " I hope you are right" he replied.

" I am, so snap out of your mood, Alesha is right its just one game" Ricky said.

Cristiano sighed at the mention of Alesha's name he really should go and apologize he shouldn't have yelled at her like that " I should go and say sorry" he said quietly.

Ricky knew Alesha well by now and the best Cristiano could do right now was allow her to calm down first " Leave her alone for a while, she is angry at you right now you will just make things worse if you try to speak to her now" he pointed out.

" I just want to make things okay, she is leaving for London tomorrow" Cristiano said.

Ricky pushed Cristiano out the kitchen and towards the gym " Wait until she calms down" he advised.

Cristiano just nodded his head as he followed Ricky into the gym, his friend was right he should wait until Alesha had calmed down before he tried to apologize.

***

Alesha glanced at her watch,a couple of hours had passed since Cristiano had yelled at her and he had still to come and apologize to her. She was leaving tomorrow and she didn't want to leave on bad terms, she hated that things had been so weird between them lately and now his little temper tantrum had pushed them further apart maybe this break to London had come at the right time for them.

Deciding that she was not going to spend the day sitting in the house, she was all packed for London, so she didn't need to worry about that. She wasn't going to wait for Cristiano to snap out of his mood, she could be waiting for days for that too happen. Grabbing her shoes, she pulled them on and looked around for her phone and purse finding them beside the lamp on the bedside table, she grabbed them and made her way out of the room.

Running a hand through her messy hair, she pulled it back and tied it up as she made her way downstairs, she grabbed set of Cristiano's car keys and didn't care that she was taking one of his cars without asking him. He probably would still be ranting about the game last night to notice one of his precious cars was gone.

The passenger door open and Alesha cursed a little thinking it was Cristiano, she was surprised to see Katia climbing into the seat next to her " Cristiano saw you getting grabbing his car keys and he wanted me to come with you, just to make sure you don't wreck his car" she smiled.

Alesha laughed a little shaking her head " Switching off the car, she pulled the keys out and handed them back to Katia " He won't have to worry about his precious car now, I will go for a walk instead" she said, climbing out the car and slamming the door loudly just so he would hear.

" Do you want company?" katia asked.

Alesha shook her head " I just need to be on my own for a while to calm down" she replied.

" My brother can be stupid at times, but he does worry about you" Katia smiled.

Alesha frowned as she stared down at the ground " Well he doesn't need to worry about me, he was the one that put me in this mood in the first place" she replied. " god he annoys the hell out of me" she added.

" What has he done to put you in this mood?" Katia asked.

Alesha smiled at the question, Cristiano had done a lot to put her in this mood, the other night when he had rejected her again, even though he had did the right thing but it still annoyed her, the phone conversation with Irina and today his awful attitude directed at her, it was all just building up and she was about to explode.

" Just being his usual stroppy self, when things don't go his way, he takes his mood out on the wrong people" Alesha muttered.

Katia smiled shaking her head, she was all to aware of how her brother could be after a bad defeat " Is he still upset about the Derby?" she asked.

" Cristiano is furious, he isn't talking to anyone and if anyone dares says something to him, he snaps at them, well apart from Ricky" Alesha ranted.

Alesha knew that Ricky could calm Cristiano down better than anyone and she didn't have a problem with that, she just had a problem with Cristiano yelling at her when things in his life went wrong.

" It sounds like you mad at Cristiano for more than his attitude today" Katia smiled. " Maybe you should talk to him" she added.

Alesha would talk to him but not right now, right now she was going for a long walk to calm down " Maybe later" she said, as she walked away.

***
Cristiano sighed as he threw his phone down on the sofa, he had been trying to call Alesha for the last two hours, she had been on her walk for a while and he just wanted to make sure she was okay. Every time had tried calling Alesha she had rejected the call and it went straight to voicemail. He knew he deserved it after the way he had spoken to her earlier but he just wished she would come back to the house so he could say sorry.

" I assume Alesha is still avoiding your calls" Hugo said, amused at how worried Cristiano looked, he had never seen him like this over a girl before not even Irina.

Cristiano glanced at Hugo " She keeps rejecting my calls" he replied, as he glared at his phone lying on the sofa.

" Maybe you should wait until she comes back, she obviously does not want to talk to you right now" Hugo smirked.

Cristiano rubbed his head a little, he could feel a headache coming on and the last thing he needed was his brother gloating " She may just end up going to London tonight" he mumbled.

Ricky walked into the room, he pushed past Hugo and sat down " Still nothing?" he asked.

Cristiano shook his head, he shouldn't have snapped at Alesha, but he had a feeling that her walking off like she did had more to do with how things had been between them recently. He knew she was still pissed at him for rejecting her again, but he had done the right thing, he hadn't wanted her to regret sleeping with him the morning after. Plus she had been way to drunk that night even if she kept denying it, she was in no fit state to consent.

Ever since that night Alesha had been a little cooler than normal towards him, she would talk to him but it just sounded so polite and not like her at all. He would catch her glaring at him and he saw the anger in her eyes and wanted to ask her why she was a little off with him, but she would quickly change the subject. He had a feeling he was missing something but unless Alesha told him what it was he was never going to find out and that frustrated him.

" Alesha will be back, she just needs time to cool down" Ricky smiled.

Cristiano picked his phone up " Maybe you are right" he replied, hoping that she would be back soon so they could try and sort things out before she went to London.

***
Alesha shivered a little as she walked back into the house, her walk her done her the world of good, she had calmed down and she decided that she had left it long enough, she would have to come back and talk to Cristiano, she was ready to be honest with him.

Taking her coat off, she hung it up and made her towards the stairs, she stopped when she saw Cristiano walking towards her, Hugo and Ricky not far behind him. She rolled her eyes a little, a small smile appeared on her face.

" Has he snapped out of his mood?" Alesha asked Ricky.

Hugo smirked at Alesha " He snapped out of it hours ago, but you disappearing for hours has put him back in a mood" he replied.

" I am right here you know" Cristiano said, rolling his eyes, as he reached for Alesha's hand and pulled her towards the stairs.

Alesha followed Cristiano upstairs to his bedroom, she watched as he pull his shirt over his head, she frowned as he headed for the bathroom. " Do you want to talk or not?" she asked.

Cristiano looked back at Alesha a smirk on his face " I need a shower, we will talk after" he said, getting a little revenge for Alesha making him wait all day.

" Great" Alesha muttered sarcastically as she moved to sit on the bed.

While Cristiano showered, Alesha checked her phone and saw she had a lot of missed calls and messages from Cristiano, she smiled a little as she read every single one of them, then she quickly sent her parents a message saying she would see them tomorrow and then turned her phone off, she yawned, a little tired hoping Cristiano would not be long she needed to be up early tomorrow.

Half an hour later Alesha was still waiting, she shook he head as she moved to the bathroom, she opened the door Cristiano was just coming out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist.

Cristiano smirked at Alesha " Can I help you?" he asked.

" I am tired and ready for bed and if you want to have this talk, we should have it now" Alesha muttered, keeping her eyes on his face.

Cristiano made his way to Alesha, she moved back from him a little, but he just took another step closer to her " I am kind of sick talking that is all we ever do" he whispered into her ear.

" We hardly ever talk" Alesha snorted, ignoring the affect Cristiano being so close to her was having on her, she would not get distracted by him.

Cristiano pushed Alesha back against the wall, he put his hand on the wall beside her head, blocking her from leaving " We definitely should do less talking" he said, smiling at the blush that appeared on Alesha's face.

" We need to talk about the other night" Alesha, said, biting on her lip nervously.

Cristiano just smiled as he pushed hair back from Alesha's face and trailed a finger gently down her face " Talking is so overrated" he replied.

" Cristiano I am being serious, we should talk" Alesha muttered, as she put her hands on his chest and tried to push him away but it didn't work.

Cristiano pressed his body up against Alesha's he lowered his mouth to her ear " I am done talking, talking never gets us anywhere" he said. " Plus this is what you wanted the other night" he added.

Alesha stared at Cristiano, his head was so close to hers, she glanced down at his mouth then looked back into his eyes, she saw the look in his eyes and saw he wanted this as much as she did. Without a second thought she leaned up and kissed him, knowing she would probably regret this later but right now she didn't care.