The Moment I Knew

I Guess We Can Try

Cristiano sighed as he stood outside the guest bedroom, after he had told Isobel to leave he had given Alesha a little time to calm down, but he doubted that it was still not enough time, he knocked lightly on the door, hoping that she would hear him out. What he had did was stupid, but he only did it out of spite because Alesha had been ignoring his calls.

The door slowly opened, Alesha stared at Cristiano she didn't really want to talk to him right now, she was angry at how the whole night had turned out, he had left her with his teammates for long periods of time so he could spend time on the phone to Isobel, she felt so Humiliated right now.

" I really don't want to talk to you right now" she muttered.

Cristiano gently pushed past Alesha and walked into the room " You can just hear me out" he replied.

" I am not interested in what you have to say" Alesha muttered as she closed the bedroom door.

Cristiano sat down on the bed " I am sorry about what happened tonight" he said.

" I don't want your apologies" she snapped at him, walking to the other side of the room.

Cristiano stared at Alesha, he could tell she was hurt even if she would never admit it, he had hurt her badly tonight " You shouldn't have found out like that" he said.

" So Its true you slept with her?" she asked.

Cristiano nodded his head, not saying anything as he feared it could make things worse, he watched as Alesha stared down at the floor, walls, ceiling anywhere but him.

" Can I ask how long was it after you slept with me?" she asked " A few hours?, a day?" she added.

Cristiano watched as Alesha walked towards her suitcase " Does it really matter?" he asked.

" It matters to me" Alesha yelled back at Cristiano.

Alesha struggled to open her suitcase because she was that angry, she pushed her suitcase away and finally looked at Cristiano, he stared at with regret in his eyes and she almost felt sorry for him but then she remembered what he did.

" You went to London without saying goodbye, then you avoided my calls" Cristiano replied.

Alesha laughed coldly she couldn't believe he was trying to blame her " So its all my fault now?" she asked.

" No of course not, but I would not have slept with her if you had just answered one of my calls or messages" Cristiano answered.

Alesha leaned back against the wall " I wasn't avoiding your calls, I was spending time with my family, while working out my feelings for you" she said. " I freaked out a little" she added.

" Why did you freak out?" Cristiano asked, frowning.

Alesha sighed a little " Because sleeping with you clearly meant something and I have not felt like that since Ben, so I freaked out" she said.

" If you had just told me that" Cristiano muttered.

Alesha laughed again, shaking her head " Then you wouldn't have slept with Isobel?" she asked.

" I only slept with her, to get back at you" Cristiano admitted.

Shaking her head Alesha moved towards the bed " That just makes me feel a whole lot better" she muttered sarcastically.

" I am sorry you have to believe me Alesha" Cristiano said, reaching for her hand, she allowed him to hold it.

Alesha smiled sadly at Cristiano " I do believe you, but it changes nothing" she replied, pulling her hand out of Cristiano's grasp.

" We need to talk about what we are going to do next" Cristiano said.

Yesterday she wanted to maybe explore a relationship with Cristiano but after tonight she was not willing to even think about it anymore,she couldn't trust him. He would never change and if she decided to give things a go with him, she would always be wondering what he would be doing every time they faced a problem, the fact he had slept with someone else just to get back at her, suggested to her he was not ready for anything serious either.

" We go back to strictly professional between us until the contract is over, then we go our own way after it has ended" Alesha said.

Cristiano frowned shaking his head, he had grown closer to Alesha and he wasn't prepared to just let her go when their contract ended.

" We should never have tried to turn this into something it isn't" Alesha sighed.

Cristiano got up from the bed and moved closer to Alesha he gently cupped her face making her look at him " We both know there is something there, don't say there isn't" he said.

" If what we had was truly something you wouldn't have slept with her mere hours after I had left for London" Alesha snapped back angrily. " I will never be able to trust you, we should stop fooling ourselves that this could work" she added, walking to the door and opened it she didn't look at Cristiano as he walked out, he looked back at her.

" I am sorry and I will make it up to you" Cristiano said.

Alesha just shook her head as she began to close the door " Don't bother" she muttered, then closed the door in his face, making sure it was locked so he couldn't come back in the room, she didn't know how she was going to handle being around him over the next few days.

***
Alesha sat quietly eating her breakfast, she ignored Ricky and Hugo's attempts to make her smile, they only left her alone when Cristiano walked into the room and the tension in the room took a rather frosty turn.

Ricky glanced at Cristiano then at Alesha rolling his eyes " You guys fighting again?" he asked.

" Don't start" Cristiano warned, as he looked at Alesha, she wouldn't even look at him.

Alesha picked at her bagel, hoping that Cristiano would leave for training soon, she looked up suddenly and caught Cristiano staring at her. " I don't want to talk to you right now so quit looking at me like that" she mumbled.

" Oh Cristiano is in the doghouse again" Hugo laughed.

Cristiano glared at Hugo " You can just shut up" he said, before he turned back to Alesha.

" You can't ignore me forever" he pointed out.

Alesha sighed a little " Just watch me" she smiled coldly.

Cristiano pulled out a chair and sat next to Alesha, she immediately moved away from him, turning her back on him " Come on Alesha I said I am sorry" he pleaded.

" Do you even know what you are apologizing for?" she asked.

Cristiano was aware everyone was listening to their conversation, he really didn't want to talk about this in front of everyone " Can we go into another room to talk?" he asked.

Alesha shook her head " I am good right here, so do you know what you are saying sorry for?" she asked again.

" For sleeping with Isobel" Cristiano replied, ignoring the looks Ricky and Hugo were giving him.

Alesha turned her face to look at Cristiano " And that is all?" she asked.

Confusion crossed Cristianos face " I wasn't aware of anything else that has upset you that I may have done" he replied.

" How about leaving me alone with your teammates for most of last night while you were taking hour long phone calls with Isobel" she snapped at him.

Cristiano opened and closed his mouth not sure what to say, he watched as Alesha stood up and put her half eaten bagel into the bin, she didn't look like she would be calming down anytime soon.

" Just say out of my way today and we will be good" Alesha said, before she left the room, leaving Cristiano alone with Hugo and Ricky to answer their curious questions about their latest spat.

***

Alesha punched the bag, she was getting good at taking her frustration out on the poor punch bag, after Cristiano had left to go to training, she had decided to hide away in Cristiano's gym, she would have gone back to her hotel room, but she had found out Cristiano had canceled her room while she had been in London for a few days, so she was stuck at Cristiano's until she could book another room, they had no rooms available today, so she would try again tomorrow.

" So how long are you going stay mad at Cristiano for?" Ricky asked, as he stepped into the gym with a bottle of water for Alesha.

Alesha gratefully took the bottle of water " Forever looks good" she said, as she took a drink of her water.

" You won't be able to stay mad at Cristiano, he has a knack of winning people over" Ricky smiled.

Alesha shook her head as she placed her water down on the floor " Well not this time, I hate him" she muttered, as she turned her attention back on the punchbag.

" No you don't, if you did Cristiano sleeping with Isobel would not bother you" Ricky replied, grinning.

Alesha laughed a little as she hit the punchbag " You're so annoying" she mumbled " Almost as annoying as your boyfriend" she added with a smirk.

" Hey I am just trying to help" Ricky smiled, holding his hands up in surrender.

Alesha looked at Ricky " Well stop, there is no helping Cristiano this time" she replied.

" Alesha, I know you are mad at Cristiano right now, but unless you had the are we together talk, technically Cristiano has done nothing wrong" Ricky pointed out.

Alesha hated that Ricky was right, they hadn't had are we together talk, they had just slept together for the first time, before he slept with Isobel so really she had no claim on him, it just annoyed her that he had slept with Isobel so close after their night together, it looked to her like it meant nothing to him, and that is what she was really mad at it.

" I hate you right now, why are you always talking sense" she muttered, hitting the punchbag again.

Ricky was just glad Alesha was hitting the punchbag and not him, he was glad that she was calming down a little " Just promise me you won't push Cristiano away completely" he smiled " I know he can be a bit of a idiot as he proved with Isobel but I know he really likes you" he added.

" He has a funny way of showing it" Alesha replied.

Ricky took a step closer to Alesha " Do you want a little advice?" he asked.

Alesha took a step back from the punchbag as she stared at Ricky " Not really but you are going offer me advice anyway" she smiled.

" Be honest with Cristiano, tell him what you want, make it clear to him that its all or nothing" Ricky advised " Irina really did do a number on him and he is reluctant to open himself up again, but I can see he is trying to do that with you" he added.

Alesha picked up her water and thought about what Ricky had just said " The only problem is I am not sure if can trust him" she admitted.

" Then you have a problem, because you can't have a relationship without trust" Ricky replied, as he walked to treadmill to begin his work out.

Alesha watched Ricky for a couple of minutes thinking over what he had just said to her maybe she needed to learn to trust again, because she knew it wasn't just Cristiano's fault the reason why she had trust issues, she had closed herself off completely when Ben died, but she knew she had to open up to someone at one point, maybe it should be with Cristiano.

***

Alesha glanced at her watch, Cristiano should have been home hours ago, she had been waiting for him, wanting to talk like Ricky had suggested earlier, but it seemed he was staying out late tonight, she frowned a little as she turned back to her film, maybe Cristiano was getting sick of all the drama between them and decided enough was enough. Shaking her head she refused to even think about that, pulling her legs up on the sofa, she made herself comfortable, she would try and stay up for him coming home.

Cristiano yawned as he walked into the house, it was a little late he had decided to hang out with a few of the team, it beat sitting at home trying to get Alesha to talk to him. He saw the screen flickering in the lounge, he made his way to the door and peeked in and saw Alesha had fallen asleep, he made his way into the room. Picking up the remote he turned the TV off and looked back at Alesha, he gently pushed the hair that had fallen across her face away, she stirred a little.

Opening her eyes Alesha saw Cristiano standing over her " What time is it?" she asked.

" A little after eleven" Cristiano replied.

Alesha slowly sat up she quickly fixed her hair and tied it back " Have you been out all night?" she asked.

" Yeah I thought some space will do us good" Cristiano replied, watching Alesha warily hoping she was not going to start on him again.

Alesha looked at Cristiano knowing they needed to sort things out " We should talk" she said, moving so Cristiano could sit down beside her.

" I want to apologize for avoiding your calls while I was in London, it was childish and I freaked out" Alesha said quietly. "

Cristiano smiled a little " You should have talked to me" he replied.

" Talking is not my strongest point" Alesha laughed a little, as she looked at Cristiano she needed to decided now if she was willing to take a risk with him.

Cristiano leaned in closer to Alesha " I shouldn't have slept with Isobel I was just being totally spiteful" he replied.

" So what are we going do now?" Alesha asked.

Cristiano smiled again " Its up to you, I know I said I don't do relationships but I am willing to try with you" he said.

" That means no other girls, no cheating whenever we have an argument can you handle that?" Alesha asked. " We need to be totally open with each other" she added.

Cristiano pretended to think about it making Alesha elbow him in the stomach " I think I will cope" he replied.

Alesha was still doubtful this was going to work but she was willing to try if Cristiano was " What about Irina?" she asked, knowing he probably was still talking to the model.

" I will cut off all contact" Cristiano smiled.

Alesha smiled back at Cristiano liking his answer " So I guess we can try" she smiled, as Cristiano responded by kissing her, she pulled back a little " Are you sure you really want to do this with me?" she asked.

" Yes, lets give this a try" Cristiano smiled, as he wrapped his arms around Alesha and pulled her into a hug, he was sure if they took it slow things would be okay.