The Moment I Knew

Feeling A Little Off

Alesha and Cristiano had been taking things slow for a couple of months now, things had gone well with for them, which Alesha was surprised about, she hadn't expected things to be this good between them, of course they still had their arguments but they quickly got over them, she could never stay mad at Cristiano too long and he knew that and used that to his advantage whenever they got into a fight.

Alesha sighed as she looked at the time, she was bored and had nothing to do while Cristiano was away with Portugal in America for a couple of friendlies, he had asked if she wanted to come but she said no because he would be training all day and she would never get to see him so there would not be any point in her being in America, So Ricky had gone with him instead.

Hugo smiled as he looked over at Alesha she had been a little restless since Cristiano had gone away with the Portugal National team. " So what are the plans for today?" he asked.

" Nothing planned, probably just hit the gym again" Alesha replied, as she rubbed her stomach, it had been a little sore for the last few days, so she was kinda glad that Cristiano was away as she knew what was about to come and she would just be so moody around him.

Hugo sipped on his coffee " Instead of working out, why don't you come to Lunch with us today" he suggested.

" I could do with getting out of the house for a while" Alesha smiled, as she picked up her phone, she had received a message from Cristiano, she opened it and smiled at his message telling her he missed her.

Hugo didn't have to guess who had just messaged Alesha there was only one person that got her smiling like that his brother " Shouldn't my brother be sleeping?" he asked.

" He is going to sleep now, he just wanted to say good night" Alesha smirked.

Hugo laughed a little he was glad his brother had finally moved on from Irina, after everything she had done to him, Cristiano deserved to be happy and he was glad that it was with Alesha.

" So Lunch?" Hugo asked.

Alesha looked up from her phone she was feeling a little hungry now " Yeah I am up for going out" she replied, as she sent one more message to Cristiano.

***

Alesha took one sip of her orange juice and wanted to be sick, she frowned as she stared at her glass of juice, she took another sip and that nauseous feeling was back, which is strange as she never had a problem with drinking orange juice before, she put the glass on the table and pushed it away from her.

" Is there something wrong with your drink?" Dolores asked, she had noticed Alesha pulling a face when she drank her orange juice.

Alesha looked over at Dolores " I think something is wrong with my juice it tastes horrible and makes me want to be sick" she muttered.

" May I taste it?" Hugo asked.

Alesha handed the glass to him " Its horrible" she warned him.

Hugo took a sip of the orange juice " Its tastes fine to me" he finally said, as he put the glass back on the table.

" Maybe I am just having a off day" Alesha smiled, as she ordered some apple juice instead.

Dolores smiled like she knew something Alesha didn't, but she said nothing as she turned back to Junior to make sure he ate his lunch.

Alesha sighed a little as she pushed her barely touched plate of pasta aside, she wasn't hungry in fact she was feeling a little sick again.

" Missing Cristiano that much you can't eat?" Hugo joked.

Alesha face blushed a little " No I am just not feeling that hungry" she said, as leaned back in her chair and pulled out her phone.

" You need to eat Alesha, you barely ate breakfast this morning" Dolores said.

Alesha was touched by Cristiano's family concern but she was fine really, she was just having an off day she would make sure to eat something later.

" I will eat something later" she replied, as her eyes widened a little as article that had been sent to her caught her attention.

Someone had been kind enough to send her pictures of Cristiano clearly meeting up with Irina, they were smiling at each other, she knew the pictures were recent as Cristiano was sporting his latest haircut. There was quite a lot of pictures and they looked rather intimate, he touched her face quite a few times, she was mad that he put himself into this situation where it looked a lot worse than it probably was.

" Have you seen this?" Alesha asked, showing her phone to Hugo.

Hugo squinted his eyes to look at the screen, he snorted at the pictures of Cristiano with Irina " They could just be having lunch, nothing more" he said.

" This is Cristiano we are talking about, its always something more with him" Alesha replied.

Hugo rolled his eyes " It doesn't look that bad to me" he smiled.

" I wonder how he would feel if it was me out on a date with a ex and I had my hands all over him?" Alesha mumbled.

Hugo smiled at Alesha " He would be as annoyed as you are right now" he said. " I don't think you have anything to worry about, my brother cares about you too much" Hugo added, smiling.

" He sure shows how much he cares in those pictures" Alesha muttered sarcastically, as she stood up and headed towards the bathroom, feeling a lot worse than she did earlier.

***

Cristiano stared at his phone, he had no missed calls or messages from Alesha and whenever he called home and asked for her she was never around, he wondered what he had done now, clearly he had upset her again, that must be some sort of record for him, upsetting his girlfriend while in a different country.

A soft knock at his hotel room door dragged Cristiano from his thoughts, he looked at Ricky who had been lying on the single bed watching a film " Are you expecting someone?" he asked.

" No" Ricky replied, without looking away from his film.

Cristiano pulled the hotel room door open and was surprised to see Irina standing in front of him, the other day at lunch he had thought he had made himself clear there was no going back for them, he was done with Irina for good this time.

"Can I come in?" Irina asked, as she wiped her eyes, it was clear she had been crying.

Cristiano looked back at Ricky who was shaking his head telling him that it was a bad idea letting Irina into the room " I think you should go back to Bradley" he said.

Irina shook her head " I need to speak to you, its important" she rushed out.

Cristiano sighed but stepped back allowing Irina into the room, she pulled her coat off to reveal what looked like a baby bump. He stared at her in horror hoping that the baby was not his, Alesha would go crazy.

" Tell me you are not pregnant" Cristiano mumbled.

Irina smiled at Cristiano " I wish I could, but I am pregnant and you could be the father" she said.

" Could be?" Ricky asked, getting off the bed " How many fathers could there be?" he added.

Irina glared at Ricky she had never liked him, he always got in the way when she had been dating Cristiano " Only Cristiano and Bradley" she replied.

Cristiano shook his head, he couldn't deal with this right now, he needed to be focused on his next game with Portugal " You need to leave" he hissed at Irina.

" We need to talk about this" Irina replied, shaking her head she was going nowhere.

Cristiano ran his hand over his head " I can't deal with this right now" he muttered.

Irina smiled as she walked closer to Cristiano " I know you are with Alesha right now, but the fact remains we could have made a child together" she said, reaching for his hand and putting it on her stomach.

" The father could also be Bradley so maybe you should back off Cristiano until a DNA Test has been done" Ricky said.

Irina glared at Ricky before she turned back to Cristiano " If this baby is yours, we could be a happy little family" she said.

Ricky laughed coldly shaking his head he could not believe that Irina was trying to get her claws back into Cristiano " I think his girlfriend back home might have something to say about that" he replied.

" Oh please they have only been dating a few months, its not that serious" Irina snapped at Ricky.

Cristiano shook his head as he grabbed his coat he needed to get out of this room and away from Irina, to clear his head " I am going out, when I get back you better be gone" Cristiano muttered, as he opened the door and slammed it behind him, he leaned against the door not sure what he was going to do next. He would have to tell Alesha but he was reluctant to do that right now as everything had been going so well for them lately.

***
Alesha opened her eyes slowly, she had been sleeping for most of the afternoon which was unlike her, she saw her phone was vibrating on the bedside table, she reached over for it and smiled when she saw Cristiano wanted to video chat with her, she quickly connected the call.

" Hey" she smiled sleepily at the screen.

Cristiano smiled back but it didn't reach his eyes something was bothering him " I have been trying to call you for a while" he replied.

" I have been really off today sorry" Alesha replied " I have just slept all afternoon" she added.

Cristiano stared at Alesha she did look a little pale " Are you feeling okay?" he asked.

" I am okay just feel a little sluggish, probably just a twenty four hour thing" she replied.

Alesha sat up and brushed her hair from her face, she wanted to talk to Cristiano about his lunch date with Irina, but knew it would probably end in an argument between them.

" How is New York?" she asked.

Cristiano said something to Ricky in the background before he turned back to Alesha " Its good as always" he replied.

" I noticed you have spent sometime with Irina " Alesha said, trying to keep her tone of voice normal.

Cristiano sighed a little " It was just lunch nothing serious" he replied, seeing the look on his girlfriend's face she clearly was not happy.

" Then why were you touching her face?" she asked. " I don't care that you saw her, no that is a lie I do care that you are having lunch with your ex, it looked super cosy" she added unhappily.

Cristiano shook his head he called Alesha because he missed her, not wanting to get into a fight with her while he was stuck here in New York.

" It meant nothing, I don't know why you are spoiling for a fight over it" Cristiano yawned a little.

Alesha stared coldly at Cristiano " If it meant nothing then why didn't you tell me about your little reunion?" she sneered.

" I really am not in the mood to deal with your insecurities right now" Cristiano muttered harshly " I wanted to speak to you because I missed you, not talk about Irina" he added.

Alesha didn't like the way Cristiano had just spoken to her, she could see he was in a mood about something but that didn't mean he had to take it out on her.

"Call me when you are in a better mood" she snapped at him, before ending the call, she sighed as she threw her phone on the bed, a little frustrated at how the call had ended she could have handled that better, but her recent moods swings made everything seem a whole lot worse than it was.