The Moment I Knew

Not Right Now

Alesha stared at the doctor trying to get her head around the fact she was Pregnant, she had suspected for a few weeks, but still it came as a shock to her, she did't know what she was going to do, her relationship with Cristiano was still new, they hadn't even talked about what was going happen between them in the future never mind talking about kids, she wasn't even sure Cristiano wanted to become a father again, he was barely ready for their relationship.She knew her pregnancy was going to throw him a little, and she just wanted to delay that for a few weeks.

" Are you sure?" Alesha asked, staring at Cristiano's doctor.

Dr Ruiz nodded her head " Yes, the test we did on you came back positive, what I would like to do now is book you in for a scan as soon as possible I will also make an appointment for the midwife for you too" she replied.

This was all moving too fast for Alesha, she just wanted a few days to come to terms with her news, sighing she stared down at the floor, not sure what she wanted to do.

Dr Ruiz noticed the look on Alesha's face and could see this had come as a bit of shock to her " There are other options for you" she said gently.

" Options?" Alesha asked.

Dr Ruiz opened her desk drawer and pulled out some leaflets, she handed them to Alesha " If you having doubts about continuing with this pregnancy I recommend you read those" she said.

Alesha stared down at the leaflets in her hand and shook her head Abortion was not an option for her, she didn't believe in them, she handed that leaflet back to Dr Ruiz " I won't be needing that" she said, getting to her feet.

" Well then will book you in for your first scan, a letter should come in the post, Should I send it to Cristiano's house?" Dr Ruiz asked.

Alesha nodded her head " Can you not tell him about this appointment, I want to tell him myself?" she asked.

" Of course, whatever is said in this room, stays between us" Dr Ruiz smiled.

Alesha thanked Dr Ruiz glad that Cristiano had made the appointment for her, now she just had to somehow find a way to tell Cristiano about their baby.

***

Dolores looked up from the magazine she had been reading when she heard the door open, Alesha hadn't wanted her to come into the Medical room with her, which she could sort of understand.

" How did it go?" Dolores, as she put the magazine down and stood up.

Alesha shrugged her shoulders lightly " It would appear it was just a bug I caught, she said it should clear up in a few days" she lied.

" Oh right" Dolores replied, not sure if she believed Alesha, but she was not about to push her when she stood in front of her looking like she could pass out at any moment.

Alesha didn't know why she had just lied, she had just panicked and wanted to get her head around the fact that in a few months she and Cristiano would become parents, this just felt like it was going way too fast for her liking and she was not sure how to put the brakes on a little, she just needed a little time to decide what she was going to do.

" Dr Ruiz said I will be fine again after some rest" Alesha smiled awkwardly.

Dolores stared at Alesha for a moment she was sure there was more to it than what Alesha was saying, she was certain that Alesha was carrying her grandchild.

" Well we better get you home then" Dolores replied, pushing Alesha gently towards the door, she would make sure Alesha got the rest she so obviously needed.

***

Alesha laid on the bed watching Cristiano get ready for night out with a few of the team, he had asked if she wanted to go but she declined she was still not feeling a hundred per cent.

" You could always stay in with me" she smiled " We could cuddle up and watch a film together" she added.

Cristiano buttoned up his white shirt " We have been doing that a lot for the last few nights,I need to get out this house for a while" he replied.

" Is my company really that bad?" Alesha asked, sighing a little dramatically.

Cristiano smirked as moved towards the bed " No of course not, but you are supposed to be resting" he replied.

Alesha closed the distance between them she wrapped her arms around Cristiano's neck " I could rest with you" she smiled, as she pressed a kiss to Cristiano's lips.

Cristiano smiled into the kiss, his arms going on Alesha's waist and he pushed her back softly " You still haven't told me exactly what my Doctor said" he pointed out.

Alesha groaned as she flopped back on the bed " Your Doctor just said it was a bug and that in a few days I will be okay" she replied not looking at him, as he would know she was lying to him.

" What sort of bug is it?" Cristiano asked, as he looked around for his shoes.

Alesha got off the bed and pulled Cristiano's shoes from under the bed and handed them to him " Some bug that I could not pronounce" she lied again.

" Its funny for a minute I thought you could be pregnant" Cristiano replied, pulling a face " I am so relieved that you are not" he added.

Alesha heart sank a little " So you don't want more kids?" she asked.

Cristiano thought about the answer the fact he had to think about it, sent Alesha a very clear message he wasn't ready not one little bit. " I want more kids in the future but not right now?" he admitted.

" Can you see us having kids?" Alesha blurted out.

Cristiano was a little surprised at Alesha's question he hadn't really thought about having kids with her, he was taking their relationship a day at a time and he wasn't sure if he could really see a long term future with her, yes he enjoyed spending time with her but things could change tomorrow, or next week, month, Year, he just didn't know.

" Alesha we have only been together a matter of weeks, right now kids are the last thing I want right now with you, why spoil a good thing we have going" Cristiano smiled.

Shaking her head Alesha moved towards the bathroom, she ignored Cristiano as he called her name, she was just about to push the door close when Cristiano put his foot in the way.

" Are you mad at me?" Cristiano asked, a little confused, he was just being honest with Alesha, he didn't want more kids right now, it was not the ideal time for him or her.

Alesha stared up at Cristiano an odd look on her face " Why would I be mad at you, you are just being honest right?" she muttered.

" We are not ready for kids even you have to agree" Cristiano said.

Alesha sighed as she leaned against the door " You are right, You should go you don't want to be late for the boys" she said quietly.

Cristiano stared at Alesha, he had heard the coldness in her tone of voice and knew she was more mad than she was letting on " We are good right?" he asked.

Alesha nodded her head " We are good" she lied.

" Okay well I am going to go, I promise it won't be a late one" Cristiano smiled, as he leaned down to kiss Alesha, but she quickly turned her face, so he got her cheek instead.

Cristiano frowned at Alesha wanting to say something but knew there was no point it would just end up in another fight they both didn't want. " Make sure you rest up" he said, stepping away from the door.

Alesha didn't reply as she closed the door and leaned against it, she laughed bitterly what had she been expecting Cristiano was not a big fan of commitment and she knew that before agreeing to give things a go with him, so she shouldn't be surprised he was not ready for the commitment a baby would bring, she really didn't know what she was going to do now she knew Cristiano didn't want a baby with her, it made it so much harder for her to tell him.

***
Cristiano ignored the blonde girl that had been trying to get his attention all night normally he would've loved the attention but he was a little distracted by his earlier conversation with Alesha, he knew she had lied to him and he wanted to know why, but didn't want to push too hard, because she would push back just as hard.

" You seem a little distracted tonight Cris" Sergio smiled, as he sat down in the chair across from Cristiano.

Cristiano sighed, shaking his head " I m okay really" he replied.

Isco who had heard rolled his eyes " You Have barely looked at the girl who has been trying to get your attention all night, something is clearly up" he snorted.

" I have a girlfriend now" Cristiano said quietly.

Sergio grinned at Cristiano " Like that has stopped you before" he teased.

" I am just not in the mood" Cristiano, as he looked over at the blonde girl, she was still staring at him.

Sergio stared at Cristiano he could see something was bothering him " Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

Cristiano shook his head " I would rather not" he muttered, pulling his phone out, he saw he had a couple of messages and both of them were from Irina, he had been ignoring her since he had arrived back in Madrid, but he knew that he couldn't keep ignoring her, that eventually he would have to talk to her.

" You know keeping all your problems bottled up will just make it worse" Sergio warned.

Cristiano rolled his eyes as he put his phone back into his pocket, he stood up and headed towards the blonde girl at the bar, he really didn't want to talk tonight.

" Cristiano what are you doing?" Sergio asked, knowing that nothing good could would come out of Cristiano spending time with that blonde girl.

Cristiano looked back at Sergio with a smirk on his face " I am just going to say hello, it would be rude not to" he replied, before he turned his full attention on the girl.