The Moment I Knew

We Can Fix This

Alesha sighed as she looked at the time again, it had just gone ten at night and it was the fifth night in a row Cristiano had stayed out late, she knew he didn't have training until tomorrow and he wasn't with Ricky or any of his other friends, because she had called a few of them, she hated that she had to call his friends to find where he was, it was getting ridiculous. Things had been a little awkward between them since their talk about kids and she would admit she had probably caused the tension between them, as she had avoided Cristiano the past few days, trying to hide the fact she was pregnant, she had tried to tell him, but no words would come out of her mouth.

Placing her hand on her stomach, Alesha shook her head she knew the longer she hid her pregnancy the more harder it was going to get to tell Cristiano, she knew where he stood on kids and didn't want to push him into anything, she didn't want nothing from him, she would have this baby with or without him, preferably with him but she knew that was unlikely.

Dolores stepped into the room she smiled at Alesha " Are you still waiting for that son of mine? she asked.

" Yeah he is on his way home apparently" Alesha muttered.

Dolores was happy to hear that, she had noticed Cristiano had not been at home that much over the last week and she was starting to worry he was going back to the way he was before Alesha, she had noticed the distance between Cristiano and Alesha, but hadn't said anything as it was not her place too.

" Are you guys okay?" Dolores asked.

Alesha forced a smile on her face " Yeah we are fine" she lied.

" You don't have to lie to me" Dolores smiled gently " I do know how my son gets at times" she added.

Alesha sighed a little " Its fine we just had a disagreement but we will be okay" she replied, not sure who she was trying to convince more herself or Dolores.

" Well that is good to hear, but if you ever need to talk I am a good listener" Dolores said.

Alesha smiled a little " I will keep that in mind" she replied.

A door slammed loudly made Alesha jump a little, she looked at Dolores who just shrugged, sighing deeply Alesha got to her feet and left the room, wondering what had put Cristiano in the mood he was currently in.

***
Alesha found Cristiano in the kitchen, he was grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge, he slammed the door hard behind him,Cristiano glanced over at Alesha an unreadable expression on his face.

" Are you okay?" Alesha asked, as she stepped into the room and closed the door behind her.

Cristiano stared at Alesha as he took a drink of his water, once he was done he sat down on the stool " I am fine" he lied.

" You don't look fine" Alesha said carefully.

Cristiano laughed a little " You don't want to push me right now Alesha" he warned.

" I just want to know what is going on with you" Alesha said gently " The last few days you haven't been around" she added.

Cristiano glared at Alesha " You have been avoiding me the last few days so you can't accuse me of not being around" he retorted, he had noticed that ever since that night he had told Alesha he didn't want more kids right now, she had been pulling away from him.

" I have just been getting myself better" Alesha replied.

A sarcastic smile crossed Cristiano's face " Your sickness bug that my doctor refuses to talk about with me" he replied.

" You have no right talking about my health with anyone, what I said to your doctor stays between me and her" Alesha yelled at him.

Cristiano laughed again, he saw the panic in Alesha's eyes " Why don't you start being honest with me" he said.

Alesha laughed shaking her head " You are talking about honesty where have you been the last few nights?" she asked, moving closer to Cristiano and then she smelled it, the perfume on his clothes.

" Have you been sleeping around?" she asked.

Cristiano stared at Alesha like she was crazy " Why would you even ask that?" he asked.

" Maybe because you smell like the cheap tart you were clearly with tonight" she hissed back at him.

The nauseous feeling was back in her stomach, the cheap perfume on Cristiano's clothes just made her want to reach for a bucket and be sick, she gripped onto the table and counted slowly to ten, hoping the sickness feeling would pass.

" I was with a friend tonight and she just happened to be female" Cristiano replied, not missing how pale Alesha had gone, this was more than just a sickness bug.

Alesha forced a smile on her face " You expect me to believe that?" she asked.

" I am not lying to you" Cristiano smiled back at Alesha, a cold look on his face " You are lying to me" he added.

Alesha shook her head " I am not lying to you" she denied, as she sat down.

" You can't even look at me Alesha, you are clearly hiding something from me" Cristiano replied.

Alesha opened her mouth to admit he was right but no words would come out, she was scared of his reaction " I am not hiding anything" she muttered.

" When you want to be honest with me come and talk to me" Cristiano snapped at Alesha, and moving towards the door.

Alesha quickly got up and reached out for Cristiano's hand and pulled him back a little " Honesty is a two way street, you also have to be honest with me" she said quietly.

" I have been honest with you, its not my fault if you don't believe me" Cristiano sneered.

Alesha glared at Cristiano " I am not stupid I know you have been with other girls the last few nights" she accused.

" I told you they are just friends, nothing happened" Cristiano replied.

Alesha laughed a little " So if I hung out with male friends every night you would be happy with that?" she asked.

" Yes because I trust you even though you giving me cause to doubt you right now" Cristiano replied.

Alesha stared down at the floor and there was part of the problem, she didn't fully trust Cristiano she would always assume the worst " I don't trust you" she whispered.

" Then we have a problem" Cristiano said, before he left the room, slamming the door behind him, Alesha flinched a little not sure what was going to happen now, she knew she had to be honest with him, but right now things were so bad she didn't know how to tell Cristiano, she knew how he was going to react about the pregnancy and kept putting off telling him because she did not want to face that reaction just yet.

***

Alesha woke up early the next morning, she had slept in the guest bedroom giving her and Cristiano some space to think, she had decided that she was going to tell him today, maybe she was being silly and he would not react like she had suspected he would. He had a right to know what was going on, she rolled onto her side and groaned feeling sick, she climbed out of bed and headed for the bathroom, she cursed a little when she realized someone was already in there, she headed for Cristiano's bedroom, he was in the middle of getting dressed when she walked in, he barely looked at her as she dashed for his bathroom.

Once she was finished in the bathroom, she slowly made her way back into Cristiano's room, he looked at her but said nothing as he continued to get ready for training, she opened and closed her mouth a few times but nothing would come out.

" The sickness bug again?" Cristiano asked sarcastically.

Alesha sat down on the bed ready to tell Cristiano the truth " Can you stop and look at me" she mumbled.

Cristiano shook his head " I need to leave, I am running a little late" he said.

" This is important Cristiano" Alesha replied quietly.

Cristiano smiled at Alesha, but it didn't reach his eyes, he was using I don't really like you smile on her right now and it scared her. " So Is training" he retorted.

" I thought you wanted me to be honest with you" Alesha sighed.

Cristiano picked up his bag and put it on his shoulder " I do but right now is not the time" he said, walking to the door.

" I am Pregnant" Alesha called out softly.

Cristiano froze at the door, but he didn't turn around, without saying a word, he left the room leaving Alesha to helplessly stare after him, she should not have blurted it out like that but he had just walked out without saying nothing to her, that was not the reaction she wanted. She hadn't expected him to jump for joy but she had wanted him to say something, anything. Silence was not what she wanted and it made her fear the worst.

***

Alesha kept herself busy while Cristiano was at training, she had called her parents and Hannah for a catch up then had spent the afternoon in the garden enjoying the sun reading her book. She couldn't help but worry about Cristiano, his reaction to her news didn't make her hopeful at all. She just wanted him to come home and they could talk about what they were going do together.

Making her way back into the house, she was surprised to see Cristiano was already home, he looked at her, an awkward looking smile on his face.

" Can we talk?" Alesha asked, ignoring Ricky and Hugo, who had been planning an evening out with Cristiano tonight.

Cristiano just nodded, he took Alesha's hand and pulled her into his game room, she waited until he closed the door before saying anything.

" I am sorry for blurting out the pregnancy this morning" Alesha sighed.

Cristiano leaned against the wall, making sure there was some distance between himself and Alesha she was not going like what he had to say next.

" I don't want another child" Cristiano admitted gently.

Alesha bit on her lip nervously " I have made up my mind about our Baby" she replied.

" We can fix this" Cristiano said quietly.

Alesha frowned as she looked at Cristiano " What do you mean by fixing this?" she asked.

" Our relationship is still new, we are not ready for a baby" Cristiano replied.

Staring down at the floor, anywhere but Cristiano was good " What are you suggesting?" she asked, already knowing the answer but she just wanted to her Cristiano say it.

" I think you should get an Abortion, I will pay for you to go privately" Cristiano said gently.

Alesha stared at Cristiano she shook her head that was not an option for her, she was hurt he would even suggest that " I am not doing that" she told him.

" I don't want this baby" Cristiano sighed. " If you have this baby you are going to be doing it alone" Cristiano warned.

There it was, the ultimatum that she had been expecting me or the baby, well he would lose, she would always pick their child first. " Then I guess am doing it alone then" she smiled bitterly, pulling the door opened and walked out.

Cristiano had caught up to her by the door he didn't want to lose Alesha for good, but he didn't want to lie to her, he was just being honest with her, he wasn't ready for another child.

" We need to talk about this more" Cristiano said.

Alesha placed her hand on the door " You said yourself you are not ready for this baby" she reminded him.

" I don't want to lose you, we can sort this out" Cristianno said quietly.

Alesha shook her head " No we can't, you don't want this baby and I won't force the baby on you" she replied " I meant what I said, I will do this alone" she added, pulling the door opened and startled a little in surprise as she came face to face with Irina, who was clearly carrying her own little surprise.

Staring down at the neat little bump Irina was carrying Alesha felt the tears begin to well up in her eyes, she looked at Cristiano and saw that he wasn't at all surprised that Irina was pregnant, he clearly knew about it for sometime, now it all made sense why he was reluctant to have anymore kids, god she felt like such an idiot right now.

Cristiano reached for Alesha but she shrugged him off and pushed him away " Don't touch me" she yelled at him.

" Is this a bad time?" Irina asked, smiling innocently, she was glad that she appeared to have walked into the middle of a fight between Cristiano and Alesha.

Alesha grabbed her coat and put it on " You are welcome to him, I am done" she muttered, stalking out the house.

Cristiano pushed past Irina and went after Alesha, the rain was pouring down on them, he stopped her at the gate " Come back into the house" he said.

Alesha shook her head " How long have you known about Irina?" she asked.

" Since New York, she came to my hotel room to tell me" Cristiano admitted.

Now it all made sense, he had been seeing Irina in New York and that is why he had been distracted lately " You have known about this for weeks and you kept it from me" she yelled at him " You are such a hypocrite" she added, pulling the gate open.

" Lets go back into the house and we will talk about it" Cristiano said, staring up at the sky the rain was getting worse.

Alesha shook her head " Do you see a future with me?" she asked.

Cristiano hesitated a little and the damage was done " I don't want to lose you" he finally said.

Smiling bitterly Alesha took a step away from Cristiano " That is not an answer" she replied. " I can tell you I see a future with you because I love you, but you are not there are you?" she asked.

" I have feelings for you, we both know that" Cristiano smiled weakly.

Alesha looked back at Irina who was still standing at the door " But she clearly means more to you" she muttered.

Cristiano looked back at Irina, he didn't know what he felt for her anymore, he was so confused, he liked what he had with Alesha, but everything felt like it was moving a little too fast for him and he needed to put the brakes on.

" No she doesn't, not really" Cristiano stammered a little nervously.

Alesha just smiled sadly at Cristiano it was clear to her that he was not ready for any type of Commitment and it saddened her a little " I love you but I can't be with you right now" she replied.

Cristiano sighed as he looked away from Alesha " So what happens now?" he asked.

" I am going home to London, I need time to deal with everything" Alesha replied.

Cristiano looked back at Alesha " You are coming back to Madrid right?" he asked, not liking the heartbroken look on her face.

Alesha shook her head " What would be the point?" she asked " You don't want this baby and I won't force you to stick around" she added.

" We need to talk about this more, you can't just run back to London" Cristiano muttered.

Staring at Cristiano, she reached for his hand " Do you want this baby?" she asked.

Cristiano bit down on his lip and shook his head " No I don't" he whispered.

" Then we have nothing else to talk about" Alesha replied, dropping his hand and hurried back to the house to pack, she couldn't stay in Madrid it would just be a constant reminder of what she couldn't have.