The Moment I Knew

My Idiot

Alesha stared at Cristiano waiting for him to say what he had come to say, she knew he was due back in Madrid later tonight and was not sure they would be able to sort all their issues out in a few hours, she couldn't trust him not after the last couple of weeks, of course she missed him but that didn't mean she was willing to start things back up with him, he had hurt her badly and it was going to take a while to get over that.

" I want to say sorry for how I reacted when you told me about the baby" Cristiano said, as he pulled his hat over his head, they had decided to go out for a little lunch to talk, away from her curious parents.

Alesha sipped on her apple juice and then put it back down on the table " I know it is happening fast but i never planned any of this" she mumbled.

" I know it takes two, I was just concerned that everything was going way too fast " Cristiano smiled a little. " Then I had to deal with the whole Irina situation when you left and I just sort of snapped" Cristiano added.

Alesha frowned a little at the mention of Irina " You are happy to have a child with her, but not me, that kind of hurt me" she admitted.

Cristiano leaned forward in his chair, he reached for Alesha's hand and laid his hand on top of hers, he was expecting her to push his hand away but she didn't which gave him a little hope " Irina was complicated" he said.

" Was Complicated?" Alesha asked, as she moved her pasta around her plate with her fork.

Cristiano smiled a little " Irina is pregnant but the baby is not mine" he confirmed.

" So are you finally done with her?" Alesha asked, keeping her eyes on the plate in front of her, not sure if she was ready for Cristiano's answer.

Cristiano leaned back in his chair " I am over Irina, she is my past, I would rather concentrate on what is in front of me" he smiled softly.

Alesha looked up at Cristiano, she just couldn't forget about the last few weeks and his sleeping around with anything that moved as soon as she left Madrid, it would take a while for her to get past that.

" What do you want from me Cristiano?" she asked, a little harshness to her voice " I can't keep doing this blowing hot then cold routine every time something freaks you out" Alesha said quietly.

Cristiano could understand why Alesha was wary about starting things up with him again, but she didn't need to be, he wasn't going to freak out again.

" I want you back in Madrid with me" Cristiano replied. " I know we have a lot to work on, but I would rather you be in the same city as me so we can work things out properly" he added.

Alesha stared doubtfully at Cristiano, she wanted to believe him but she knew all to well what he could be like, one day he could be totally fine and then the next deciding they were moving way too fast and doing something to try and screw things up.

" How am I suppose to trust you again?" Alesha asked, " The minute I left Madrid, you went straight back to the old Ronaldo" she mumbled.

Cristiano knew he had a lot to do to win back Alesha's trust but he was going to prove her that she had nothing to worry about and that he was serious about them and their unborn child.

" I am just going to have to win back you trust" Cristiano simply said, a small smile on his face.

Alesha smiled a little she could see that Cristiano was trying and she wanted to give him one more chance but she was reluctant to after everything that happened.

" I think I deserve one more chance, especially after I attended an Arsenal match with you" Cristiano said pulling a face, then smirked at Alesha.

Alesha laughed rolling her eyes a little " That is really not a valid reason" she replied.

" I just one more chance to prove that I am serious about us" Cristiano said, smiling.

A small smile Crossed Alesha's face " Can I have time to think about it?" she asked, hoping Cristiano would give her a little time.

" Of course" Cristiano replied, forcing a smile on his face, he was a little disappointed that Alesha needed time to think about things, he hoped that she would not keep him waiting too long.

***

Helen smiled as she watched Cristiano with Alesha, she had noticed the huge difference between them since Cristiano had picked her up this morning, before they had gone to lunch the tension between them had been so bad and awkward but now that they have clearly talked, she noticed that any time Alesha moved, Cristiano would move towards her, and he wasn't even aware he was doing it, which Helen found rather cute.

" You two are adorable" Helen smiled.

Cristiano just grinned but Alesha laughed rolling her eyes " Please don't call Cristiano adorable his ego is big enough as it is" she joked.

" Ha ha you think you are hilarious don't you?" Cristiano replied, as he leaned in closer to Alesha.

Alesha smiled at Cristiano " I know i am hilarious" she replied, as she glanced over at her dad, who was too busy reading his paper.

" So when are you playing next Cristiano?" Robert asked, without looking up from his paper.

Cristiano looked away from Alesha " Next weekend I think" he replied, he wasn't sure Zidane was all about resting him and keeping him for the more important games these days.

" Are you going to be at his game?" Helen asked Alesha.

Alesha shrugged she still hadn't made her mind up about going back to Madrid " I don't know yet" she replied, looking at Cristiano.

" I would like it if you were there" Cristiano said quietly.

Robert put his paper down to look at Cristiano he could see the footballer was trying to make things right with Alesha and that it is all he could ask for " If Alesha goes back with you, which I think she will, promise me you till take better care of her" he said.

" I promise I will do my best" Cristiano smiled softly.

Alesha smiled a little as she stared down at the floor " I have not made my mind up yet" she reminded her father and Cristiano.

Robert smiled gently at his daughter " The bump you have been trying to hide the last few days has made your mind up for you" he said.

Alesha's eyes widened in surprise " You knew about the baby?" she asked.

Helen chuckled lightly " You weren't hiding it very well, being sick all the time, refusing certain foods, we knew the signs, we were just waiting for you to admit it" she said.

" I was going to tell you, but with everything going on with Cristiano I just forgot" Alesha replied. " So you are not disappointed in me?" she asked.

Helen shook her head " Why would we be disappointed in you, we are about to be grandparents" she smiled, " Do we wish you could have wait a bit then yes but the baby is coming and nothing is going change that" she added.

Robert looked at Cristiano " You can't mess this up, you will have my daughter and grandchild too look after" he warned.

" I won't mess this up, I want this to work out" Cristiano replied, as he linked his hand with Alesha's.

Robert seemed satisfied with Cristiano's answer picked his paper back up to read it, Alesha smiled a little as she watched her father for a few minutes, she still was undecided what to do but she knew whatever decision she made she would have lots of support either way.

***
Alesha followed Cristiano into the airport, he had wanted her to come back to Madrid with him tonight, but she had told him she needed a few more days to think, but truth be told she had already made her decision she was going to go back to Madrid, but she just wanted to punish Cristiano a little first.

Cristiano took Alesha's hand and pulled her closer to him, he had spotted they were being followed, he glared at the paps as they tried to get pictures, he pulled his hat further over his face, not willing to pose for any pictures.

" So you will call me in a few days?" Cristiano asked.

Alesha nodded her head slightly " Yeah" she answered.

Cristiano stared at Alesha " I meant what I said I want this to work, I don't care how long it takes" he smiled.

" I just need a few more days" Alesha replied quietly, as Cristiano took her hand and led her away from the check in desk.

Cristiano glanced at the departure times he would have to go soon, he sighed as he looked back at Alesha " I promise I won't hurt you again" he vowed.

" You should go, otherwise you are going to miss your flight" Alesha warned.

Cristiano nodded his head, he lowered his head to press a quick to Alesha's lip, he went to pull away but Alesha grabbed him back in for a longer kiss.

After a few minutes Cristiano reluctantly pulled away from Alesha " I have got to go, but would it be okay if I called you maybe tomorrow?" he asked.

" That would be fine" Alesha replied.

Cristiano leaned back in for one more kiss then made his way to departure without looking back at Alesha, she watched him go her heart sinking a little she wanted to go with him right now. She had liked the fact he had come to London for her, it meant he cared enough about her, she had wanted to make hims sweat a little but she decided there and then, she would be following Cristiano back to Madrid tomorrow. Alesha was done playing games, she wanted to work at fixing things between them, before their child arrived, they had a few months to sort things out and going by this weekend she was rather hopeful things would be fine by the time their child's birth date arrived.

***

" Did Cristiano get off okay?" Helen asked later that night.

Alesha looked up from her book that she had been enjoying " Yeah he did" she replied, smiling a little.

Helen made her way over to Alesha and sat down " So have you made your mind up?" she asked.

Putting her book down Alehsa nodded her head " Yeah, I am going back to Madrid tomorrow, I wanted to make him wait, but I miss him" she admitted " Yes he can be an idiot at times, but he is my idiot" she added.

" You don't have to explain your decision to me" Helen smiled " In fact I think you are making the right decision" Helen replied, she had seen how miserable Alesha had been the last few weeks and knew that her place was in Madrid with Cristiano.

Alesha smiled a little " I just don't want him to hurt me again" she sighed.

" I think Cristiano has learned his lesson, I don't think he will" Helen replied.

Alesha hoped her mum was right and that Cristiano would not hurt her again, she was taking a big risk going back to him, but knew it was a risk worth taking, she wasn't stupid she knew it was going take a while to fully trust him again, but she hoped that with time that would not be a problem, all she needed was a little time.