The Moment I Knew

Keeping Secrets

Alesha quietly made her way to her seat, the last few days had been pretty crazy after being spotted on their lunch date the press had run with it and she had been followed non stop being asked questions about Cristiano, which made her wish she had accepted his offer staying at his home. She was feeling particularly nervous about this match, as she was going to meet his family and she wasn't sure if she was ready for that, lying to their families for a whole year didn't sit right with her, but it was too late to back out now.

" Wow this stadium is amazing" Hannah gushed as sat down next to Alesha.

Alesha smiled as she took her coat off, she had thought about coming to the match wearing a Cristiano shirt but it was too soon for that and her Arsenal heart would not allow it " It's pretty incredible" she replied.

Hannah tore her gaze away from the fans to look at Alesha " Why do you look so nervous?" she asked.

" I about to meet Cristiano's family" Alesha muttered.

Hannah glanced around for any sign of Cristiano's family " They are not here yet so calm down" she smiled.

Alesha nodded her head, as she looked down onto the pitch the players were warming up, she quickly found Cristiano he was taking to James and Sergio.

" So when are you guys going on another date?" Hannah asked.

Alesha shrugged her shoulders they hadn't talked since their lunch date but she had a feeling that she would be spending time with Cristiano and his family after the match.

" We haven't talked much since, a few texts here and there but that is it" she replied, as Cristiano's family finally arrived.

Hannah smiled as Alesha bit down on her lip " Relax they probably won't come over and talk to you right now" she said quietly.

Alesha glanced over at Cristiano's family, his brother smiled and waved at her, the sisters didn't look all that happy and his Mum just glared at her, his family were going hate her she just knew it. She didn't know why she was stressing about his family, it wasn't going to matter in a years time.

" Breathe Alesha Breathe" Hannah said quietly as Dolores made her way over to them.

Dolores eyed her son's new girlfriend warily, when Cristiano had told them he had a new girlfriend she wasn't sure if she believed him, but the proof was right in front of her.

" You must be Alesha" Dolores smiled a little.

Alesha nodded her head as she smiled timidly at the older woman " Hi" she said, almost kicking herself for the weak reply.

" You will join us after the match" Dolores said, making it clear it was not a request, she didn't bother waiting for a reply as she made her way back to her family.

The game kicked off and pretty soon Alesha was caught up in the game, she even cheered a couple of Cristiano's goals with everyone else, she saw Cristiano's family kept looking at her times but she chose to ignore that and focus on the game, she was too caught up in the game, she hadn't spotted Isobel walking towards her, It was only when Hannah nudged Alesha that she saw Isobel walking towards them and she didn't look happy one little bit.

***

" I was wondering if we could talk" Isobel said quietly, as she stopped at Alesha's chair.

Alesha shook her head, she didn't want to get involved, whatever happened between Cristiano and Isobel was between them, this was not her problem.

" I don't think we should talk, if you have a problem with Cristiano, talk to him yourself, I am not getting involved" she mumbled.

Isobel sat down in the free chair behind Alesha " I just want to warn you about him" she said.

" I don't need your warning, I know all about his history" Alesha replied, getting a little annoyed that Isobel would not leave her alone.

Isobel moved closer to Alesha " He will throw you away like he did me when he is finished with you" she warned.

" Then that will be my problem not yours" Alesha whispered, fully aware Cristiano's family was watching this little exchange.

Alesha turned her attention back on the game, Cristiano was running towards goal, then he was fouled and won a freek kick in a dangerous area.

" I need him, I am in love with him and he has feelings for me" Isobel said quietly into Alesha's ear.

Hannah glared at Isobel she could see the girl was a little bit unhinged " You need to back off, he doesn't want you anymore, accept that and move on" she hissed at Isobel.

" He will be mine again you will see" Isobel said smugly, going from a heartbroken girl to a vindictive girl real quick.

Alesha turned round to face Isobel " Good luck with that" she muttered, grabbing her coat and bag and walked out, she had seen enough of the game, and enough of Isobel.

***
Cristiano walked towards his family with a smug smile on his face, he had played well tonight and he wanted to celebrate that with his family, he frowned when he spotted Isobel standing next to his family, he looked for Alesha and found her straight away, she was standing a little away from his family, he hoped that nothing happened while they watched the game.

Alesha waited until Cristiano's family had all congratulated him on a great game, before she made her way over to him, she stopped in front of him, feeling a little awkward, she wasn't sure what was expected of her, she glanced around his family were all watching them, then she spotted the smug smile on Isobel's face and for some reason that bothered her, she turned back to Cristiano and did something he clearly didn't expect, she kissed him.

Cristiano slowly wrapped his arms around Alesha, as she kissed him, it took a few minutes for him to respond but when he did it felt amazing, she couldn't explain it, her hand reached up and touched his face and that was when he pulled away. He stared at Alesha confusion in his eyes. she sure his eyes mirrored her own, laughing it off she took a step back from him and glanced back at Isobel who looked so hurt that Alesha regretted that kiss, she had only did it to spite Isobel.

" Wow that kiss" Hannah whispered to Alesha.

Alesha shook her head trying to shut Hannah up " It means nothing, It was all for show" she reminded her.

" Well you put on a bloody good show" Hannah said quietly.

Alesha was about to reply but Cristiano grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to his body, she followed his gaze and sighed " You should talk to her, she is hurting" she mumbled.

" I don't want to talk to her, we are done" Cristiano said, ,matter of fact.

Alesha glared up at Cristiano " Do you care about anyone other than yourself" she snapped at him.

Cristiano Pulled Alesha away from everyone " Oh please like you cared about Isobel's feelings when you were kissing me" he hissed quietly.

" I thought I was doing your a favor" Alesha muttered.

Cristiano shook his head " I am not arguing with you" he replied.

" I just think you need to sit down with the girl and explain it to her" Alesha whispered.

Cristiano laughed coldly " You only have been in my life a couple of days and you already telling me what I need to do" he sighed.

" I am just trying to help" Alesha said

" Well don't" Cristiano snapped at her, then made his way back to his family.

***
Alesha watched as Cristiano talked to his friends, they had been back at his house for a few hours and since their argument earlier, Cristiano had not even looked at her once, never mind talked to her, she saw Dolores looking at her and wanted to tell her to stop it but knew it would not go down to well with Cristiano, she glanced at the time, it was almost eleven she wished she had gone back to the hotel with Hannah.

" Have you and my brother had a fight?" Hugo asked as he came to sit next to her.

Alesha was about to deny it but what was the point anyone with eyes could see they had a fall out " Maybe" she admitted.

" Don't let him get to you, I know him too well, he is an idiot at times" Hugo smiled.

Alesha laughed a little " You won't get any arguments from me" she said, glancing at her watch again.

" Do you have somewhere to be?" Hugo asked.

Alesha shook her head " I am just getting a little tired" she replied, glancing over at Cristiano he was still playing poker with Ricky.

" If you want I can drive you home" Hugo offered.

Cristiano looked up from his card game shaking his head at Alesha's offer " She is staying here tonight bro" he said, looking at Alesha, daring her to say something but she just stayed quiet.

" Really?" Hugo asked, looking at Alesha.

Alesha just nodded her head " Yep I guess I am, although I have nothing to sleep in" she mumbled.

Cristiano smirked as he looked at Alesha " I have a couple of old shirts you could sleep in" he offered.

" So Alesha when did you meet Cristiano?" Katia asked,she was slightly curious about this new girl in her brother's life.

Alesha paused for moment she and Cristiano had talked about this, they made up a story they had met on a shoot and had been dating for a few weeks in secret.

" We met on a shoot, your brother was ever the arrogant one" Alesha smiled.

Cristiano raised his brow at Alesha " Arrogant, you certainly were not saying that later that night" he winked at her, loving the blush that appeared on her face.

" I was drunk" Alesha responded, a devious glint in her eyes.

Cristiano grinned as he placed his cards down on the table and walked towards Alesha " You sure about that?" he asked, pulling Alesha to her feet.

" Pretty sure" Alesha smirked up at Cristiano, they were just inches apart, hair had fallen into Cristiano's face and without a second thought Alesha reached up and brushed it out of his face, making him blink at the sudden touch, it felt all too familiar, he quickly took a step back from her.

Hugo smiled at the look on Cristiano's face it would seem his brother had finally met his match " So how long have you been seeing each other?" he asked.

" A couple of weeks" Alesha lied, she hated lying, but she would have to get used to it, they had a year of this to do.

Dolores smiled at Alesha, she liked what she saw but knew her son could be so fickle with his feelings so would not get her hopes of this lasting the distance.

" I think am ready for bed" Alesha replied, faking a yawn, she just wanted to get away from all the questions.

Cristiano took Alesha's hand " I will show you up to my room" he said.

Alesha said goodnight to everyone and followed Cristiano up to his room, she waited until the door was closed before she asked why she couldn't sleep in the guest room.

" Can't I just sleep in the guest room?" she asked, as Cristiano handed her a old shirt to sleep in.

Cristiano rolled his eyes at Alesha " Then they will know something is wrong" he muttered, as he pulled his shirt over his head. Alesha was enjoying Cristiano topless a little too much, she looked away quickly before he caught her staring at him.

" Where can I get changed?" she asked.

Cristiano pointed his en-suite, " There is a spare toothbrush in there too" he smiled.

Alesha nodded her head and headed into his en-suite, she closed the door and quickly got changed, she looked around for the tooth brush and pulled opened a drawer, he had lots of toothbrushes, she wondered why he needed so many, then realized they were probably for his one night stands, which made her feel a little Yuck. Grabbing a brush, she quickly brushed her teeth, then made sure the shirt she had on covered most of her body, before she walked back into the bedroom.

Cristiano was lying on the bed with one arm under his head, he glanced over at Alesha, his brown eyes slowly traveling down her body, a grin slowly worked its way onto his face " You look good in my shirt" he said.

" Shut up" Alesha replied, as she climbed into the bed beside Cristiano, she turned on her side facing him. " This sharing a bed so soon is a little strange no?" she asked, closing her eyes slightly.

" Relax Alesha I am not going to do anything, I will be the perfect gentleman" he smiled.

Alesha snuggled into her pillow " I bet you say that to all the girls, before you sleep with them" she joked.

" Go to sleep Alesha" Cristiano said, a slight smile on his face.

Alesha stared at Cristiano, she still could not work him out, he was a puzzle to her and she was a little curious why he was so closed off to anything to do with Love, she had her reasons but what was his, something had to be behind it.

***
Alesha twisted and turned in her sleep until she managed to force herself to wake, she sat up gasping for breath, her skin was hot to touch, she looked around for Cristiano expecting him to still be in bed, but he wasn't there, he was standing by the bathroom door, with just a towel around his waist, he looked at Alesha,giving her such an odd look.

" Are you okay?" Cristiano asked.

Alesha pulled the covers back and climbed out of bed " Yes" she snapped at him, not meaning to but the dream she just had made her a little ratty.

" Sorry for asking" Cristiano muttered sarcastically, as he moved out of Alesha's way, so she could shower.

Alesha didn't bother replying she just slammed the bathroom door closed and leaned against the door, she hated these dreams but they always seemed to happen when the anniversary came around. Taking a few deep breaths she made her way over to the shower and switched it on. Placing her hand on the wall she let the water fall over her body and let her mind wander back to that night, the night she lost Ben, they had been celebrating their engagement and on their way home from the party Ben lost control and crashed the car, he had been drinking, something she hadn't known then, he had promised he wouldn't drink that night.

Ben reckless driving caused three deaths, his and the young couple they had crashed into, only their young baby had survived and she had never forgiven herself for allowing Ben to drive that night after she was told he had been drinking, she should have known. He had ruined five lives night and she would never forgive him for that, ever since that day she refused to even let anyone get close to her, in fear of it happening again.

Alesha hit her hand against the shower wall, still frustrated from her dream, she quickly washed her hair and body then turned the shower off, wrapping a tower around her body, she stepped out the shower, staring into the mirror she shook her head, she couldn't keep living like this, she knew it was not her fault but she couldn't help but blame herself.

A knock at the door made Alesha jump a little " What?" she called out.

" You have been in there a long time is everything okay?" Cristiano asked.

Alesha opened the door slowly " I am fine" she muttered, going to close the door, but Cristiano put his foot in the way.

" You have been crying" he said gently.

Alesha shook her head but would not look at Cristiano, she refused to talk about this with him or anyone, she just wanted to be left alone, she would be okay when the anniversary passed.

" I am fine really, my eyes are just red because of the shower" she replied weakly.

Cristiano stared at Alesha, he wasn't believing a word she was saying there was something bothering her " If you want to talk I am a good listener" he said.

" I am grateful for the offer, but I am fine really, I need to get dressed so if you could get out the way" she mumbled.

Cristiano nodded and took his foot out of the doorway " Well I Will see you downstairs" he said.

Alesha forced a smile on her face before closing the door, she had only known Cristiano a week there was no way she was talking to him about this, " Get a grip of yourself Alesha" she mumbled, as she quickly got dressed.

Alesha pulled her hair up into a bun, as she made her way downstairs, she wanted to pretend like this morning didn't happen, the minute she started opening up to someone again, she would become vulnerable again and she had made a promise to herself that she would not get close to someone again not after what happened with Ben, that was the reason why she behaved the way she did, it was easier not getting attached to anyone.