Voices in My Head

You've Been Told

It was weird being backstage at an arena when you didn’t work the circuit. It was good to see people running around and instructions being shouted and the static noise of two-way radios.
Ana walked towards the mouth of madness, entrance and exit point for the wrestlers, and the buzz of activity resonated inside her. She caught sight of a guy she knew and smirked silently as she watched him holler instructions to a couple of people.

“My my, someone did some growing up.”

She voiced as she came to a halt near his position and he visibly froze hearing her voice, turning around and staring at her as if she was a ghost.

“Ana? What…?”

Voices were shouting and he ripped his earpiece out before wrapping his arms around her tall frame, hugging her tightly.

“So fucking good to see you Riot! Gimme a sec…!”

His arms slipped away and he ran off into the semi dark of the backstage craziness, pushing his earpiece back in. Ana sighed in amusement and turned her head towards the entrance again.
Some tall, muscled and half naked guy stood near her, doing some stretches and apparently getting ready for his fight. Ana felt quite happy that she didn’t feel at all intrigued by the way this man was able to pull his leg up behind his back, stretching.

“So….are you here to stare at the talent or did you get hired to keep people like him in line?”

Ana turned back around to face her old friend Brad, who had reappeared from thin air

“Hired. If you have nothing better on later, I reckon I may need a crash course in the who-is-who?”

Brad smirked and was about to say something, when his hand quickly covered his in-ear to hear whatever message was relayed to him. His eyes darted back to Ana, and he grabbed her hand.

“Well Ana, I know your job probably won’t start until tomorrow, but I reckon I’ll put you to work right now, seen that you’re here and all.”

She followed him without issues. He greeted people he passed and she made sure to remember the names he flung out. They came to a halt in front of a door reading “Randy Orton” and Brad let her hand go, clearing his throat.

“I heard he is in a shit mood. His match got moved up. Work it. He has to be out in the ring in 15.”

She was left standing in front of said door, not sure what to do. Randy Orton. She tried to wrack her brain for the name or face, but she came up blank. If this guy was always hard to work with, she would have to try deal with it now. Silently thanking Brad for the early chance, she wrapped her knuckles against the door.

“Randy! Get your ass out here!”

She shouted, waiting for a response. She could hear noises inside the room, but nothing along the lines of anyone opening the door.

“What are you, a fucking brat? Open the fucking door! Your match got moved up and-“

The door opened and she got pulled inside the room by a strong arm before she heard the door close and lock again. Before she was able to think, she got pushed against the door, a pair of blue eyes piercing hers.

“I’m not in the mood to go out there. I have no idea who the fuck decided to volunteer you girl, but they all know that I will not be going out there. It’s a fucking set-up and I’m not having it.”

He dropped her arms and inched away from her. Her brows rose as she watched him pace like a caged animal. Whoever he was, he needed to go out there to get his release.

“I may be new, but I happen to know that tonight’s show is sold out. So your inflated ego will simply need to take a second seat to all those people out there wanting to see you fight.”

Ana could feel him stare at her as she walked towards the door, pushing down the handle.

“I have no idea who Randy Orton is, but I guess that whatever is happening in your personal life may just have to wait. Unless your ass is out of here in the next two minutes, management will be pissed. Do you really want that?”

His eyes never left hers. At least she knew that he was listening. Next move: leave.

She gave him the elevator look before slightly shaking her head: he was perfect.

“Get your act together.”

She voiced walking out of his dressing room, leaving the door open on purpose. No man would walk away from a challenge.

She was just about to round the corner, thinking she had lost her touch, when she heard commotion behind her.

“What’s your name??”

Randy was stood in the door, shirtless and jeans. She couldn’t deny that her insides were rejoicing just looking at him.

“Be on time for your fight and you may find out after!”

She shouted back before getting swallowed up by a crowd of newbies, all of them asking her to go out for drinks.