Oh, Glory

I Won't Let You Give Up On A Miracle

"Wake her up!"

"Why me? I hate it when she yells at me the whole day because I woke her up in the morning and not you."

"Just hurry up, we've got the meeting with Ramen at eleven and it's like nine already."

"You do it!"

"I'm awake, you idiots." I sat up and Josh and Zac stared at me from the doorway, Josh's mouth still open in a comeback. "Now get out so I can change."

They obeyed and left. I changed into my jeans and T-shirt, pulling on the tank over the T-shirt. I opened the door and went into the kitchen. Hmm...for some reason I think I've mention the kitchen a lot.

Mr. and Mrs. Farro were already at work (seeing that it was actually nine-thirty) so I poured myself Rice Krispies with milk and sat down at the counter.

Josh walked in about five minutes after with his guitar, which he was tuning. He didn't even see me until I coughed loudly.

"Oh," he said, "you're awake." And went back to turning the knobs on his guitar.

I rolled my eyes and cleaned up my bowl.

?

"Josh, drive."

"What? Why can't I drive?"

"Because you're a girl and I don't trust you driving."

"Oh, okay, but you trust Josh driving?"

"Slightly more than you, yes."

"Whatever."

So Josh settled into the driver's seat and Zac in passenger's while I sat in the back. Rawr.

We got to the record label's office in like five minutes flat, with Josh driving. I got out of the car with the demo CD in hand and marched up to the front door and stopped in front of the lady at the front desk.

"We've got a demo CD for -"

"Leave it here, thanks."

I put it on the counter and sat down in one of the chairs against the wall. When Josh and Zac finally came in, they sat down next to me. We were like this for about two minutes when the lady said, "You can leave now."

"What?"

"All you needed to do was drop off the CD and we'll send you a letter." Zac coughed.

I raised my eyebrows. "I don't suppose you want our addresses then. Let's go."

I was halfway out the door when I heard the lady exhale loudly and say, "I need it."

I wrote it down on a random piece of paper on her desk and marched out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?