Oh, Glory

We'll Make It Last Forever, Screaming "Hallelujah"

People started arriving at around five-fifteen. I smoothed my hair one last time and left my bedroom.

As soon as I walked down the hallway, I felt like I was a model on the runway stage. Zac, Josh, and Mr. and Mrs. Farro were all looking at me. Zac's mouth was open in surprise (what a dork, he knew I was buying a dress?), Josh was completely blank but I could see something in his eyes, and Mr. and Mrs. Farro were looking at me with complete adoration.

"My, Hayley, now don't you look nice!" Mrs. Farro came over and hugged me. Mr. Farro smiled.

I walked over to Josh and Zac.

"You look nice," said Zac, smiling, too. "That's a great dress - I thought you were going to pick something - different."

I glared at him. "Be nice, Zatchell Wayne," I said. "Come on, let's go."

We went to the backyard together and it was beautiful. Lights had been strung into the hedges (the crystal ones) and patio chairs and tables were dotted everywhere. There was a DJ and speakers near the back playing 'You and Me' by Lifehouse. The grass was soft and green and not at all dead-looking. Not even close. The navy sky and bright stars overhead made the whole scene all the much prettier. A buffet table was along the hedges on one side and was draped with white silk.

At six (I'd amused myself the whole time daring Zac to eat grapes) I think everyone who was invited was there. I walked around a bit by myself, looking at everyone's faces. I recognized a few.

It was basically a walk-talk-and-eat-and-hang-out party. When I was at the buffet table about to refill my cup of Sunkist Orange soda, I heard someone say, "Hey."

I turned around to a pretty girl with dark brown hair and blue eyes wearing a mini-dress that was black. It was perfect length.

"Hey," I said back.

"I saw your hair from over there and I just wanted to say it's really cute," she said, smiling.

"Thanks," I replied. "I'm Hayley Williams."

"I'm Chevelle Anderson."

"Oh, like the band?"

"Yea, pretty much, so everyone just calls me Chella." She and I grinned.

We talked a few more minutes and she left to request a song from the DJ.

I didn't do much, just walked around to talk to more people. I was walking towards the house to get some more dip for the fruits when I accidently crashed into someone.

"Oh, I am so sorry!" he said. His voice was familiar.

"Jason?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I like Chevelle. I mean the band. xD

Comments?

Whoo, 32 readers already! =D KEEP IT UP!