Oh, Glory

Once Again We're Playing Off Emotion

"Hayley!" I stared into the face of Jason Bynum.

"Wha - what are you doing here?"

"Just coming - neighbors, remember? Besides, it's a party? People are supposed to come."

"Yea..." I didn't remember anything about this guy except that once I heard Zac and Josh talk about him. Silently swearing to kill them once the party was over, I smiled. "So, I've got to go refill the thing for the salad...I'll be right back."

I went inside and met Josh and Zac lugging a huge ice cooler, each holding a different end. I marched over to them and once they saw my face, they started whispering frantically to each other.

"OKAY. WHO IS JASON BYNUM AND HOW DOES HE KNOW MY NAME?!" I yelled in their ears.

"Uh...our neighbor?" Zac offered. He looked pretty scared.

"We told him about you before you moved in," Josh said. He shifted the handle from his right hand to his left hand. There was a red mark.

I glared at them. "You'd better be happy there's people here watching you."

They grinned weakly (although that may have been because Zac's fingers slipped and the whole cooler came crashing down on their feet) and disappeared out the door.

I rested my head against the wall. It was cold and dark because everyone was outside. The spoon and bowl with all the dip in it was on the counter, but I didn't bother to move.

It's not like I liked Jason. I just thought he was... I stood up stiffly and grabbed the bowl, leaving the room before anything else started in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated! =(

Comments?

(Haha, kind of funny how I make Zac and Josh scared of Hayley.)