Small Town Girl

*Chapter 3*

After a 4 hour wait at the airport and 2 1/2 hours in the air, we were finally in Vegas. By the time we got to our hotel, we were exhausted. The concert wasn't until the next day. So Jimmy and I set out to find some food. After that we went to see the lights and fountains. it was amazing. We were still really tired from all the excitement so we went back to our hotel and crashed out.

The next morning I was rudely awakened by an overly excited Jimmy bouncing on my bed and yelling in my ear. "Lizzie! Wakey, wakey! Rise and shine!" "Ugh, Jimmy, why must you wake me up via heart attack?" "Because, my dear, we are in Vegas. AND we have a concert to get to!" Me eyes widened and I jumped out of bed and ran to get ready.

When I was ready, Jimmy and I headed out to where the event of our lives would be held. Once we got there we walked around to see everything we could. Finally it was time for the show to begin. Everybody got to their seats as we all waited patiently for the special guests to take the stage. We listened to Halestorm, In This Moment, and SIXX AM, and finally Shinedown. After it was done, everyone began to file out of the arena in hopes of catching some of the stars of the show. Jimmy and I walked around a bit more then headed back to the hotel to change before going out to a bar.

I decided on a cute and casual outfit to wear. I went with a pair of blue jeans, a white short sleeve top with a cute button up over it and a pair of cowboy boots. My make up consisted of simple mascara, eyeliner, a little bit of eye shadow, and a neutral lipstick. I topped it all off with a cute key necklace. Jimmy wore a pair of dark blue jeans and an Affliction shirt with some converse.

Once we were ready, we set out to find a bar/dance hall. We went into a couple different ones before we found one we liked. We ordered our drinks then went to find a booth in the corner. "So what did you think of the concert, Lizzie?" "I loved it! I'm so glad I agreed to come. What about you?" "It was pretty damn cool. I just wish we could have afforded better tickets." "That's ok. Maybe next time." He smiled at that. I took a sip of my drink and looked out at the dance floor. "Hey. Why don't we go dance for a bit?" Jimmy asked as he stood up. I looked up at him as he held his hand out for me to take. I smiled up at him and hesitantly took it. "You know I can't dance, Jimbo. I'll probably end up falling on my face." "I guess you'll have to trust me. You know I've got you, Liz. No matter what." I smiled again and let him lead me to the dance floor. I hesitantly began to move to the beat with him. The more drinks we got into us the more fun we began to have.

After a bit, I noticed an attractive woman watching us. Well, watching Jimmy. I leaned up to him, "Hey! That girl is checking you out!" He looked over at her then back at me. "Go, Jimbo." "Are you sure? I don't want you to feel like I ditched you. I did come here with you." "Jim, go dance with her. I'll be fine. I'm gonna go get me another drink and head back to the booth." He got all excited, kissed my cheek, and took off. I smiled after him and walked over to order me something to drink.