Steal My Heart

He May Surprise You

The sunlight creeping into the room early next morning woke Lily up, rolling onto her side, she groaned into the pillow, her head a little sore from last night. Slowly opening her eyes, she blinked a couple of times then she remembered where she was and what happened last night, which just made her groan even louder, how could she have been so stupid again. Sitting up on the bed, Lily held her head in her arms wondering how she was going talk her way out of last night. They may have said they would forget about that kiss but she had a feeling that it was not going to be so easy to brush the kiss under the carpet like the first one. The first drunken kiss had been a mistake but she knew exactly what she was doing last night even if she had been really drunk. This had to stop, she had to stop being drunk around Cristiano, she couldn't keep kissing him and expect no consequences, a kiss always meant something and they would have to deal with it sooner than later.

A soft knock at the bedroom door made Lily frown, she really hoped that wasn't Cristiano right now, she couldn't face him right now, she didn't know what to say to him. Climbing out of bed Lily made her way over to the door and pulled it opened and was relieved to see Katia standing there.

" Cristiano said you may need some fresh clothes" Katia smiled warmly, holding out the clothes for Lily to take.

Lily smiled weakly as she gratefully took the clothes Katia offered her, she hadn't wanted to go home in last night's clothes " Thank you" she said quietly.

" Once you are showered and dressed you are welcome to join us for breakfast" Katia smiled.

Lily bit on her lip nervously, not sure she was up to seeing Cristiano " Okay I will think about it" she replied, just wanting to leave and go home where she could hide for the next few days, she still had a few days off.

Katia smiled at Lily then turned and headed back downstairs, Lily closed the door and leaned against it knowing she was going to have to talk to Cristiano about last night, just to make sure they both were on the same page. Grabbing a towel Lily headed for the bathroom, to take a long hot shower hoping that it would somehow make her forget all about last night, damm him for calling her late last night, if he hadn't she could have stayed at the club and the kiss wouldn't have happened.

***

Lily tied her hair back as she walked downstairs, she glanced at the front door silently debating whether to just leave now, it would spare all of the awkwardness, sighing deeply she shook her head , she was never one to take the easy way out so she made her way to the kitchen, where everyone was already sat there eating breakfast.

" Morning" she mumbled, forcing a smile on her face as her eyes landed on Cristiano, he was currently sucking face with Irina, so it was clear they had made up. She felt a slight annoyance towards them but quickly shrugged it off.

Dolores smiled warmly at Lily " How are you feeling this morning?" she asked.

Ricky just grinned at Lily " What did you get up to last night?" he teased.

Lily blushed a little "I am feeling okay" she told Dolores then turned to Ricky " Just hung out with friends last night, I was a good girl" she smiled.

Cristiano who had managed to tear away himself away from Irina laughed at the good girl part, Lily just chose to ignore him, as she reached for some toast.

" I see you guys have made up" Lily smiled at Irina.

Irina frowned at Lily wondering why she was here so early " Yes we love each other" she replied, as Lily met Cristiano's gaze then they quickly looked away from each other.

" Love each other so much,yet they chuck objects at each other" Lily muttered under her breath.

Ricky grinned as he heard what Lily had just said and going by Cristiano's and Irina sullen faces so had they. " Oh someone is feisty this morning" he joked.

"Do you have a problem?" Irina asked, as Cristiano leaned back and placed his arm around her chair, a lazy smile sat on his face as he directed his gaze towards Lily.

Lily smiled innocently at Irina " Why would I have a problem with you?" she asked. " I don't really know you" she added.

" The looks you gave me tells a different story" Irina replied, looking towards Cristiano to back her up.

Lily took a bite of her toast " I think you are just being paranoid" she said once she had swallowed her toast " I mean it was only last night you were throwing things at Ronaldo because you think he slept with someone else" she smiled.

Irina glared at Lily then looked at Cristiano but he remained silent " You may not like me but as Cristiano's girlfriend you have to respect me" she demanded.

Lily laughed loudly wondering if Irina was being serious " Respect is earned not given so freely" she retorted.

Cristiano stared at Lily, a small smirk on his face she wanted to wipe off right now " Just ignore Lily she isn't a morning person" he said, a hint of laughter in his voice.

" Yeah just ignore me" Lily smirked, picking up her glass of orange and took a long drink, her eyes fixed on Cristiano.

Irina narrowed her eyes at Lily " Why do you keep looking at Cristiano?" she asked.

Lily rolled her eyes as she stood up " I think am going to go before Irina accuses me again of sleeping with Ronaldo" she laughed, turning to Dolores she quickly thanked her for breakfast and Katia again for the clothes and then hurried out the room.

Opening the front door, Lily groaned loudly the lovely sunny weather had gone and was replaced by lots and lots of rain. Just as she was about to take a step into the rain, she was pulled back by Cristiano.

" I will drive you home" Cristiano said quietly.

Lily shook her head " I am perfectly fine walking home in the rain" she insisted.

Cristiano just rolled his eyes as he grabbed his car keys " Why do you have to be so stubborn?" he asked.

Lily just stared at Cristiano not sure what to say to him, she knew if he drove her home they would have to talk about what happened last night and she was so not ready to talk about that yet.

" I don't mind walking home" Lily muttered, before Cristiano grabbed her hand and dragged her out to his car.

Cristiano opened the car " Get in Lily" he said.

Lily sighed but climbed in the car hoping that they were would be no talking on the way home, she kept her gaze on the window, ignoring Cristiano mumbling as he started the car up, he briefly glanced at her and looked like he was about to say something, but abruptly changed his mind as he pulled out of his drive.

***

Cristiano parked outside of Lily's home, he turned the engine off, his fingers tapping nervously on the wheel, he looked at Lily he could see she felt just as awkward as he did about last night, turning to her slightly he tried to find the right words to say to her.

" We should talk about last night" Cristiano finally said.

Lily kept her gaze on her hands " Why do we need to talk about it?" she asked " Can't we just pretend it didn't happen?" she asked.

" If it was a mistake then yes we could just pretend but I don't think last night was a mistake" Cristiano sighed.

Lily laughed coldly " Really so why was your tongue down Irina's throat this morning?" she asked.

" Irina kissed me what was I supposed to do push her away, she is my girlfriend" Cristiano answered carefully.

Lily shook her head as she looked at Cristiano " Exactly she is your girlfriend which means last night was a mistake and shouldn't have happened" she smiled " I mean I was drunk and you just had a huge burst up with Irina" she added.

" I still don't think it was a mistake Lily" Cristiano spoke slowly.

Lily rubbed her head as she glanced at Cristiano " Are you going to break up with her?" she asked.

Cristiano shook his head " Not right now" he replied.

" Then we have nothing to talk about" Lily said, as she opened the car door and climbed out " I am just going forget about last night and this little talk and I suggest you do the same" she added, before she closed the car door before Cristiano could say anything else.

Lily didn't look back as she headed into her home, where Victoria was waiting for her with a smug smile on her face " Where have you been?" she asked.

" I stayed at Cristiano's last night" Lily replied "

Victoria smiled at Lily " Really?" she asked " In his bed? she added.

Lily shook her head " Get your mind out of the gutter" she smirked " I was in his guest room" she added. " Him and Irina had another huge row last night, that is why he called me" she sighed, flopping down beside Victoria on the sofa.

" Do they ever not argue?" Victoria asked.

Lily just shrugged her shoulders before she smiled at Victoria " So how did things go with Neymar?" she asked.

" Great he wants to see me again, he has invited us to the Brazil V Portugal friendly" Victoria smiled.

Lily was happy for her friend " That game is on next week right?" she asked, Cristiano had already told her she would be attending the game with his family, but if Victoria was going she would go with her instead.

" Yeah next Saturday" Victoria smiled.

Lily sighed she didn't want to go with everything so awkward but if she was with Victoria it wouldn't be so bad.

**
Lily could feel Victoria's gaze on her as they watched a film together later that night she wanted to tell her about the kiss but she knew her friend would just get so excited about it, she really needed someone to tell her how wrong it was and that she should just forget about it.

" I kissed Cristiano last night" Lily blurted out.

Victoria smiled widely she had been expecting this for weeks " Well its about time" she replied.

Lily laughed shaking her head " It was a mistake it shouldn't have happened" she insisted.

" A kiss always mean something Lily" Victoria smiled " I could tell for weeks that you liked Cristiano" she blurted out.

Keeping her eyes on the Tv screen Lily shook her head " I don't like him like that" she denied.

" Really so how was the kiss?" Victoria asked

Lily smiled a little at the memory of the kiss, she wasn't going to lie it was good but it didn't mean anything " It was really good" she answered.

" Did you feel anything when you kissed him?" Victoria asked.

Lily couldn't hide anything from Victoria she always found out " I guess my stomach did a little flip" she replied with a grin " But it doesn't mean anything because he will never leave Irina" she sighed.

" Did he say those words to you?" Victoria asked.

Lily nodded her head " Yeah in the car earlier I won't be the girl he cheats on his girlfriend with, I refuse to even think about it" she replied " As far as I am concerned nothing will ever happen between us" she added.

" Okay that is the right thing to do, but do you really like him?" Victoria asked.

Lily thought about it for a couple of minutes " He has these moments where I think I like him, but then it quickly changes so I don't know" she admitted.

" Does Cristiano think the kiss was mistake?" Victoria questioned.

Lily shook her head " He says it wasn't a mistake but Cristiano can change like the wind so I really don't know" she sighed " Its all meaningless while he has a girlfriend, nothing can ever happen" she mumbled.

" Maybe Cristiano will surprise you" Victoria smile

Lily laughed a little " Yeah I don't think so" she replied, Cristiano would never leave Irina and that was just a fact, they argued constantly but they had a unhealthy obsession with each other and she didn't see that changing anytime soon.