Steal My Heart

Late Again

Lily spared another look at her watch, she was late, more than an hour late and she didn't have a good excuse for being late, well she did but she could hardly use the argument with her boyfriend as an good enough reason for being late. The argument with David shouldn't have happened, she had tried her best not to fight with him, she was getting sick of all the fights and now it was affecting her work life something had to give, she already had two warnings from Cristiano in the past month not to be late,so she knew that she would probably get her final warning today.

Stepping into the house Lily fully expected Cristiano to be waiting for her, but she was surprised to see everyone rushing about, and Cristiano was in the middle of a full blown fight with Irina, so it wasn't only her relationship that sucked right now, which mad her feel a little better about the state of her own.

" I didn't sleep with her, how many times do I have to say that" Cristiano roared at Irina.

Lily grimaced a little and turned to go back out the door " Lily don't even think about leaving this house" Cristiano said, his brown eyes still on his angry girlfriend.

Irina didn't even look at Lily, all her attention was on Crisiano " You really expect me to believe that?" she yelled at Cristiano.

Lily quickly took her coat off and hung it up and then headed for the office but Irina stopped her " Stay I need a witness" she mumbled. " In case I need someone to back me up if I do something stupid" Irina added dramatically

" I haven't done anything wrong Irina, the girl is clearly lying" Cristiano replied.

Irina laughed loudly " Just like all the others girls?" she asked, she wasn't stupid she knew that Cristiano played around when she wasn't with him and it stopped now.

Lily stood a little behind Cristiano, feeling a little awkward that she was forced to watch Cristiano fight with his girlfriend.

" There was only one other girl and You forgave me for that, so you can't use that against me now" Cristiano said.

Irina shook her head as she glared at Lily like it was all her fault that her boyfriend couldn't keep it in his pants " I thought you were hired to make sure he behaved himself?" she smiled coldly.

" I am but I can't be around Cristiano all the time, he is an adult" Lily replied.

Cristiano took a step closer to Irina " Don't take this out on Lily, she has nothing to do with this" he said.

" Well Maybe if she did her job properly you wouldn't get into these situations" Irina spat bitterly.

Lily laughed a little she couldn't believe she was getting blamed for whatever Cristiano had done with that girl " Maybe If you were around more your boyfriend wouldn't feel the need to cheat" she muttered.

Irina glared at Lily " I don't know why Cristiano keeps you around, you clearly not doing your job right" she muttered " You better fix this mess, I don't want any of this coming out" she added.

Lily mood was already at low tolerance levels because of David, Irina starting on her because her own relationship sucked just made it a whole lot worse " Your relationship is a joke and sucks, fix it" she snapped back at Irina then stormed away to the office.

" Are you going let her speak to me like that?" Irina yelled loudly.

Cristiano sighed as he watched Lily slam the door shut he wished he could do the same, but first he needed to calm Irina down. " I will speak to Lily later, but we need to sort things out first" he said.

Irina said nothing but she did follow Cristiano up to his room to hear his lame excuses for cheating again, she didn't know why she just didn't walk out, clearly Cristiano was never going to change, maybe it was time to cut their losses.

***

A light knock at the door made Lily look up, she had been working all morning without a break, she wanted to make up for being late, Cristiano had avoided her all morning and she had a feeling that was down to the angry Russian model that was currently still yelling her head off.

" Cristiano thought you could do with some lunch" Ricky smiled as he stepped into the room and placed the sandwich down beside Lily.

Lily leaned back in her chair, a thoughtful look on her face " I thought he was too busy getting yelled at" she smirked.

" He was but Irina has calmed down, they have made up" Ricky replied grinning.

Lily rolled her eyes and shook her head " Are they always like that?" she asked.

" Yeah every time Cristiano does something stupid like cheat" Ricky laughed.

Lily reached over for her sandwich " Why does she put up with his cheating?" she asked " I mean she is a pretty girl she can do better than that cheating ass" she added.

" Being with Cristiano brings her too much attention, she loves the attention" Ricky replied.

Lily chewed on her sandwich, she couldn't really judge Irina for staying as she did the same with David although she was about to change that, when he got back from his work trip, she planned to end things with him for good.

" They both are a match made in hell" Lily giggled, in between mouthfuls of her sandwich.

Ricky laughed lightly as he leaned against the wall " Truth be told no one likes her, we all just put up with her because of Cristiano" he replied.

" What is going on in here"

Lily startled a little at the sound of Cristiano's voice, she looked at him, and he didn't look too happy to see Ricky in the office talking to her " Ricky just brought me some lunch" she replied.

" Yeah, I told him too" Cristiano replied, sparing a look at Ricky " You can go now" he added coldly.

Ricky frowned a little but did he was told, when Cristiano wanted his own way it was best just to give it to him, otherwise it would cause world war three.

Lily waited until Ricky was gone before she turned on Cristiano " Did you have to speak to him like that?" she asked, less than impressed with Cristiano's current mood.

" Ricky shouldn't be in here distracting you from your work" Cristiano said, a bored expression on his face.

Lily stared at Cristiano " Its my lunch hour" she reminded him.

" A lunch hour you don't deserve, you were late again" Cristano smiled, but it never reached his eyes,

Lily put her half eaten sandwich on the plate " I am sorry about that" she replied.

" Yet you keep being late, if this was someone else I would fire them" Cristiano smiled unkindly.

Lily sighed a little as she stared down at the desk anywhere but Cristiano " Then why don't you fire me?" she asked.

" I don't know, I should for two reasons, one, you being late all and two for the way you speak to my girlfriend" Cristiano smirked, as he sat back in his chair.

Rubbing her head with her hand Lily raised her head to look at Cristiano " A girlfriend you constantly cheat on " she retorted. " Plus have you heard how your girlfriend speaks to your family when you are not around" she added.

" That is clearly none of your business" Cristiano snapped back at Lily, anger flaring up in his eyes. " My family haven't said a bad word about Irina" he smiled.

Lily laughed coldly " You made it my business when you involved me in your little spat this morning" she replied. " Of course they won't say anything, they are too scared too" she added.

" That wouldn't have happened if you had just been on time" Cristiano pointed out, ignoring Lily's dig about his family being scared of Irina.

Lily spared a look at the time, she still had another five hours to go, she just hoped that Cristiano wasn't going to be sat here attacking her all day " You are right, I am sorry it won't happen again" she promised.

" So why were you late?" Cristiano asked, a little curious.

Lily didn't want to tell him the truth so went for a lie " I had a bad night and slept in" she replied.

" You are such a lousy liar" Cristiano smirked.

Lily frowned at Cristiano " What do you mean?" she asked.

" You have this tell when you are lying you don't look at me and you play with your hair" Cristiano replied.

Lily laughed a little as she glanced at the time, if she wanted to finish at a reasonable time it was time to get back to work " Even If am lying to you, its really none of your concern" she mumbled.

" It is my concern if you keep being late, I need someone I can depend on" Cristiano replied.

Shaking her head Lily handed Cristiano her half eaten lunch, she wasn't hungry anymore " No what you need is to stop cheating on your girlfriend" she blurted out.

Cristiano watched as Lily's eyes widened and she put her hand over her mouth, he was annoyed by her latest dig but he couldn't help but laugh at her expression.

" I didn't cheat not that its any of your business" Cristiano replied.

Lily stared at Cristiano trying to work out if he was a really good liar or he was actually telling the truth she was going for he was a really good liar " Yes you are right you being a cheating rat is none of my business" she replied, without thinking again.

Cristiano roared with laughter he liked that Lily didn't any crap from him, she was different from the rest of his family and friends who all done what he asked without challenging him.

" Get back to work Lily, otherwise you will be working all night" Cristiano warned as he walked out the office.

Lily waited until Cristiano was gone before she cursed at herself, she always got told that she should think before she talks, her parents always warned her that her mouth would get her into trouble one day. Shaking her head, she decided to focus on Cristiano's commitments for the week, hoping she would finish early but she doubt Cristiano would let her go home early after being late again.

***

Lily groaned as her phone begin to ring, she had just finished work and was just about to head home, she stared down at her screen, it was David, he probably wanted to fight some more and she had no fight left in her, she declined the call and put her phone back in her pocket, she didn't want to speak to him right now, it would just end in another fight, and while she wanted to end their relationship she didn't want to do it over the phone.

" Avoiding the boyfriend again?" Cristiano asked, walking towards her.

Lily hadn't even heard Cristiano come into the office " Not avoiding, just don't want to fight again" she mumbled.

" Ah so you are still having problems?" Cristiano asked.

Picking up her coat she put it on not wanting to talk about her problems with Cristiano " Not for much longer" she replied.

" I am a good listener if you need someone to talk to " Cristiano offered.

Lily shook her head " You are also my boss" she pointed out.

" You have finished working right now, therefore I am not your boss" Cristiano smiled.

Lily stared doubtfully at Cristiano " Don't you have a model to keep happy?" she asked.

Cristiano shook his head " Irina is spending the night with her sister" he replied.

" Thanks for the offer but I don't think talking about my personal life with you is a very good idea" Lily smiled

Cristiano smiled back at Lily " Well the offer is there if you need to speak to someone" he replied turning to go.

" Cristiano wait" Lily called out softly, she was probably going regret this but right now she didn't care.

Cristiano stopped at the door, hiding the smile that threatened to break out on his face as he slowly turned back round to face Lily.

" I don't really want to talk about my awful relationship" Lily sighed.

Stepping closer to Lily Cristiano could understand where Lily was coming from, most times he hated talking about his relationship with Irina " Then we won't talk about your relationship, we can just hang out" he suggested.

" Your girlfriend won't like that" Lily laughed lightly.

Cristiano just rolled his eyes at Lily " I am allowed female friends you know" he replied, with a smile.

Lily stared thoughtfully at Cristiano " So we are friends now?" she asked.

" We could be" Cristiano replied.

Lily laughed shaking her head " This won't end well, you are my boss we are not supposed to be friends" she replied.

" Who says we can't be friends?" Cristiano asked playfully.

Lily should have politely declined Cristiano's offer and gone home, but she didn't really want to go home to an empty house, she hated being on her own, which is why she had moved in with David pretty quickly into their relationship.

" Fine we can hang out, what do you have in mind?" Lily asked.

Cristiano smiled, as he took Lily's hand and dragged her out into the garden, he was going to show her how to play football.

***

Lily groaned as she watched Cristiano celebrate another goal, he was showing off how good he was, and at first Lily found it annoying, but the more he did it the more she laughed at him.

" You are supposed to show me how to play football" Lily pointed out, standing behind the ball with her hands on her hips.

Cristiano smirked as he looked over at Lily " I just did, did you not pay attention?" he asked.

" You were too busy showing off" Lily muttered as she kicked the ball in Cristiano's direction, it didn't even go near him, she groaned loudly as she flopped down on the grass she didn't like football before she hated it now.

Cristiano walked towards Lily " I can't help it if I am that good" he joked, as he sat down beside Lily.

" You know being Humble a little won't harm you at all" Lily replied, rolling her eyes.

Cristiano laughed, throwing his head back, Lily must admit he looked cute when he did that " I am not known for my humbleness" he replied.

" Yeah am starting to realize that" Lily smiled a little.

Cristiano playfully nudge Lily with his shoulder " I can be humble, just not when it comes to football" he said.

" Since I have started working for you in the couple of months I have yet to see this humble Cristiano" Lily replied with a teasing smile.

Cristiano laughed, shaking his head as he turned his gaze on Lily " What about that night at dinner?" he asked smugly.

" I forgot about that" Lily smiled.

Getting to his feet, Cristiano offered Lily his hand and pulled her up " Sure you did" he grinned, as he went back towards goals.

" I don't want to play anymore" Lily groaned, looking up at the sky wishing for it to rain.

Cristiano smiled at Lily " We can either play football or we can talk about your relationship" he replied.

Lily glared at Cristiano, but she picked up the ball anyway and move it nearer to him " I guess we are playing" she mumbled, hoping that rain would come soon so it would put her out of her misery, she just didn't like football but she guessed it beat talking about her horrible relationship.