Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

Disappointment

A week passed and Trina and I were now at the store shopping for Thanksgiving.

"Are we making the pie or cupcakes...or both?" I looked the shelves in front of us.

"All of it. We're gonna have like 50 something guests in the house Trina. We'd blow through all that in like an hour." She chuckled and we loaded up the cart.

"Is Josh bringing anyone?" I didn't tell Trina about what I said to Josh before I got on the plane and I certainly hadn't told her that he hasn't texted or called me since then.

"I'm not sure. I think his roommates are doing stuff with their significant others." I didn't look at her as I continued down the aisle.

"Even better, cause he's already gonna have to sleep in your room. You know how everyone gets..." I chuckled at the memories.

Four years in a row now our friendsgiving has ended in a drunken midnight hike lead by Trina and 20-30 of our friends littered throughout the house. Luckily they're gone long enough for me to clean up the mess before they come back. Other than that the cops can be called, we've had some emergency room visits, and almost always I get thrown in the pool. It was a ton of fun, no matter how much work and headache it caused.

"We'll see..." She grabbed the cart and stopped me.

"What happened that you're not telling me? You've been giving my half effort answers since you came home!" I looked around at the people who were staring before pushing the cart forward.

"Trina, this isn't the place for this conversation..." She followed after me to the next aisle.

"No, it's the perfect place now what happened..." She grabbed my hand and forced me to stop walking again.

"I gave Josh an Ultimatum'..." Her eyes looked they were going to pop out of her head.

"Annabel! What the fuck?!" I glared at her words again.

"Stop cussing. It's not that big of a deal. I just told him that if he wanted to make us a thing then he needs to understand we'd have to date in secret."

"How is that fair to him?!" I groaned and continued down the can foods aisle, grabbing pumpkin galore and a few other needed things.

"I didn't expect it to be, but Tyler came to me and asked if I really like Josh..." I looked over at Trina defeated. I was going to be having this conversation next to the canned peas.

"Why would he ask that? I think you and Josh have made that pretty clear..." I sighed.

"Because it's the assumption in the industry. I, as a woman, am expected to sleep with people for fame or to get a job. He needed confirmation and that's when I knew it has to be in secret..." She sighed.

"Even if that's true, Josh should be allowed tot ell his friends and family..." I looked down at our cart and the list we had.

"You're right, but I can't risk one of them spreading it. I told him that we basically had to be engaged before he could tell someone..." She groaned.

"That's not fair to him at all Chips!" I just glared at her as she practically yelled again.

"Trina, this isn't a debate. It's how its going to go if we're going to be together. I like him, but I can't risk it..." Trina jumped in front of the cart to stop me from moving.

"No, you're self sabotaging what's possibly the future for you and you refuse to admit it. Whether you like it or not, you and Josh are going to be together and you need to get that through your thick skull." I stared at her wide eyed.

"I know you don't do the relationship thing, but if someone wants to be with you then they enjoy telling everyone. Especially someone like him that's very family oriented. It'll kill him to not be able to do that, even if you don't understand it because you're not the same way..."

That was it, I didn't have a family or a support system other than Trina. I didn't understand the being apart of something phenomenon. I felt like an idiot now.

"I screwed up, didn't I?" she just nodded and let go of the cart.

"I'll call him when I get home..." She smiled.

"Good, now let's hurry up and get the frozen stuff."

We hurried and did the shopping before getting everything in the car.

"So what are you going to say to him?" Trina asked as we neared the house. I sighed.

"I'm gonna apologize...." She chuckled.

"Chips, you're human. It's ok to admit that you're wrong. Just explain it to him."

"What if he doesn't want to hear it?"

"He wants to hear it. Just call him." I stared at my phone with his contact open.

"Chips." I looked up at Trina as we pulled into our cul-de-sac.

"What?"

"He definitely wants to talk..." I looked up at the house.

Sitting on our steps next to his luggage, was the red haired boy of our conversation. Trina looked over at me after she parked.

"You two go talk, I'll handle the groceries."

Walking out of the car, I started shaking. He stood and stared at me.

"I think we should talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
What does everyone think? ;)