Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

A Break In The Story

20 January 2016

Chippers

Josh and I were probably the couple of everyone's dreams...for a couple only five people really knew about. Tyler and Jenna were thrilled that Josh and I had fixed things, but after that incident we decided to try and keep things between us.

So in the interest of making things work out, Josh had gone home for Christmas and I had stayed with Trina. We did our small gift exchange before having a marvel marathon. She had to work every other day, which lead me to get ready for our new years party and clean the house a ton. I also spent a lot of time playing my instruments again and my muscles had toned out a bunch. I actually spent most of the New Years party on face-time, which he then asked me if I would come see him the week before we left for tour again. We decided to have me stay until the 27th when he would go to Aspen for a one off festival and then straight to Europe for the tour. I would go home and fly out the next day to Europe. Three weeks ago we had this conversation and now I was packing to head out to him.

"You're gonna come back beforeĀ  you leave for Europe again, right?" I shook my head yes at Trina while I packed my clothes into the small carry on.

"Of course, Did you wanna do a girl's night before I leave? I know you have the night before off right?" She nodded.

"Yeah, maybe we can go do dinner or something." I smiled.

"Of course."

"Did you get Coachella taken care of?" I shook my head.

"I haven't had a chance to talk to Andrew about it. I'm thinking about trying to see him while I'm in LA."

"You're gonna need to figure that out right now dude." She was right. The band had just confirmed the additional dates for The Emotional Roadshow tour that started less than a month after this tour ended.

"I'll take care of it. Right now, I'm just focused on Josh." She awe'ed loudly.

"Can you go get dressed? I need to leave soon!" I swatted her out of my room while I laughed.

"Sure, you must be deprived." The edge to her tone made me blush.

"We've done nothing like that." She chuckled as she stalled in my door.

"Even more of a reason for you to be deprived."She left without another word and I finished packing.

The flight to LA only lasted an hour and I landed just in time for dinner. Josh didn't own a car though, so I ubered to the apartment he shared with his roommate.

"Hey there pretty lady!" He met me down stairs and helped me carry the bags up.

"Good evening my little drummer boy" I told him. He grabbed me and pulled into a hug and kissed me briefly once we were in the apartment.

"God I missed that." I chuckled at his words.

"Hopefully there will be more things for you to miss later down the line..." His cheeks reddened while I laughed.

"Is that her?!" I pulled away from him immediately.

"You must be Chips!" I chuckled and stuck my hand out to the long hair man in front of me.

"You must be Jesse. Nice to meet you. Thanks for letting me stay here for the week."

Josh and I had told Jesse that I had some work to take care of out here and just needed a place to crash. They didn't really have a couch, so Josh had offered to let me sleep on the floor in his room, to Jesse's knowledge at least.

"Of course, anything for friends. Josh tells me you have some business out here?" I nodded as JOsh took my bags to his room.

"I work for Goldenvoice. I'll be running all of the merchandising operations for Coachella so I have some preliminary meetings." Josh returned a moment later.

"Yeah, I'm gonna take her out for a little bit and we're gonna grab dinner. Will you be here when we get back?" Jesse shook his head.

"Studio tonight. I probably won't be back until tomorrow."

"Alright, I have a tattoo appointment tomorrow." I looked over at Josh.

"What?" He waved me off.

"Jesse can I borrow your car?" Jesse threw him a set of keys before retreating to what I guessed was the kitchen.

"See you tomorrow Jesse!"

Josh practically pushed me out of the door and down the stairs towards a black Nissan Versa.

"Why didn't you tell me you were getting a tattoo?" I joked.

"Well I am, but I also scheduled you to get your sleeve worked on." I looked at him wide eyed. I have been wanting to finish my sleeve for ages now, my money has just been going into savings so I could get a car.

"Josh! I don't have money for that!" He chuckled and grabbed my hand as we began down the street out of the complex.

"It's your Christmas gift." I scoffed.

"Josh that's entirely too expensive." He just shrugged.

"If that's too expensive, you're really gonna hate your other Christmas gift..." I looked at him funny. I had gotten him some video games he's been asking for and a signed Green Day record. Now I felt like that wasn't enough.

"My gifts don't even come close to this!" He brought my hand to his face once we stopped at a light and kissed the back of it.

"You being here is the greatest gift you could've given me..."