Status: This story has been unfinished for years

Story

Chapter Three

I went back into my room.
Starting to wonder where the amenities were like shower, closet, etcetera. I looked over at the bell, I figured what would it hurt to ask someone, anyone where theses may be or how they may be accessed. A window may not be bad too, though I had no clue where I might be in this mountain, fortress, of an inn. What time it was, could also be a great luxury, though I had to wonder if this place was affected by the outside world. Though it would be a simple luxury to just know when it was. I got up, as I did, there was a rustle of the curtain to my room. It was my sister. “There is nothing to do, we didn't come in expecting to stay did we?” She always amazed me with what she said, I could only guess I had said “expectation” to her, or my parents, I looked at her.
“You use big words, Amanda,” I said in reply.
I walked over to the Ruby table, and realized at that moment it wasn't ruby at all, it was Garnet. Though this didn't hinder me, I picked up the little silver bell and walked over to the bed, the bell sweetly chimed as a walked to my bed, and sat down on the edge of my bed. I patted the bed next to me, and Amanda scrambled up next to me.
“May I ring the bell again!” She chimed in as merrily as the bell tolled due to that I couldn't hold it perfectly still.
“No,” I said half to my self and half to her, I'm going to ring the bell and get some answers to your and my questions about where we are. I held the small bell's handle in my index finger and thumb, I gave a small twitch, for that was all I needed to do, and the bell toned as sweetly as when my little sister had run around with it.
“I want a bell in my room.” She said at that moment.
“I'm going to ask about that,” I replied back.

An apparition appeared of La Dana. Her hear and skin showed ageist the solid purple walls of my room.
“How may I help you?” she said.
“Are you a sorcerer brother, that didn't happen when I rang the bell.” my sister blurted out.
I just smiled, looking at the figure before us.
“First” I started “I wish to thank you for all you have done for us.”
The figure before us gave a slight incline of the head. She stood there with her hands folded.
“What do you wish to ask of me?” the figure of La Dana said seeming to have just realized I was with someone at this time.
I looked at the little half pint Amanda, laughed at little and said, “Oh, this is my little sister, I gave her access to my room as she pleases.”
Amanda leaped off my bed and said “Pleased to meet you” and extended her small left hand, then realized it should be her right and switched. La Dana seemed to ponder this gesture of greeting though accepted it, her hand as she grasped my sisters it seemed to become whole like it wasn't an apparition anymore.
She looked down at my sister and said “Pleased to meet you”, with sparkling eyes, and the authoritative face had left her.
“I continued smiling, and it seemed the apparition was warmer than most would think if it was just a simple apparition. The apparition of La Dana seemed to have been infected by my sister's joy.

“We have some questions and requests” I continued as Amanda ran to my bed and I helped her up.
“I want a bell!” Amanda chimed in as merrily as the little silver bell I rang for our host.
“That's one request down I guess”, I said aloud.
“Do you want a servant little one?” La Dana asked I almost started to answer for my sister, but she finished her request.
“No! Just a bell, like my brother.” Amanda finished.
I continued, “I think this place has designated me her servant”, I said to the figure of La Dana.
She seemed to furrow her brow but said nothing.
“Your parents called me by the gold bell into the forum, to be lead to their room. I taught them how the curtains worked by command. Though you seemed to figure it out with out help.” La Dana was not looking at me but Amanda and spoke as if the child had entranced her.
“She led me to my room,” I replied back. “Yes, she seemed to have already have been to her room before anyone else.”
I looked at Amanda too with wonder. Amanda seemed to like this attention and basked in being the only one that seemed to know her way around this new place.
“Yes, she is surely your sister.” La Dana replied then looked up at me seeming to have the memory of what I had said about how I came here in her eyes.
“Anyways; amenities,” I said.
“There is nothing to do here!” Amanda finished my taught rather abruptly, but she was always to the point. I closed my eyes and opened them as if I were trying to shake an unwanted thought.
“Yes” I started completing my thoughts “shower, playthings for her, maybe a nursery; she has never had that, um...” I paused trying to think of what else was needed.
“Are there green things here?” Amanda chirped.
“Yes, we have gardens here”, La’Dana got down with her hand on her knees “with lots of flowers and beautiful things all year round.”
Then it came to me when she spoke of the year.
“A time piece for this place.” I blurted as rudely as Amanda.
La Dana then straightened up and held out for me an object which looked like a large pocket watch. She had no pockets so I couldn't see where it had been kept.
“Thank you, may I inquire as to where you kept in so I may carry it with me?”
“You ...” she began, then said “hold on” the apparition of her vanished in a queer way. From her left and right side she began to vanish clockwise each so that her front right, and back left vanished, this continued flawlessly to her back right and front left. This happened in about a second, yet seemed as natural as someone turning to leave a room.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I, La' Dana, was called by the first Golden bell while exploring the vast space of the inn, something I had never done before I walked through the huge corridors 10 meters wide and 100 high, looking, just looking at the intracity of the right triangle patterns on the walls. I did not expect to meet the parents so soon, nor I know that they were the parents till they introduced them selfs again. Though they seemed to be as she had just been not but five and a quarter hours ago. They took what they saw for what it was. I was also getting over the shock of how close brother and sister were, and I felt a little jealous of Amanda to have such a kind brother. But this was not for me to question how these people lived their lives, for I had chosen to serve, something I had never done before, given my bells of service to another to use.
A gold bell, a white gold bell, and a pink gold bell. So the colors in appearance are gold, silver, and pink gold. The little one needed a bell, Amanda, to ring for her own pleasure. The inn seemed to select her brother as her servant. Amanda found the rooms without being shown how to find them.

Her brother may have stumbled upon them anyway, but she seemed to just know where they were. She didn't need to look for them. I was now looking for a carry all for Ari so he could keep the time piece in something, and for sure one for Amanda, that was absolutely required.

In the halls of the mountain (as I have been told it is) I was called to serve, now in my quarters I was called to service Ari and his sister, carry all spells.

I stopped dictating to my scribe pad.

“Carry all spells!” I called out startling myself “How am I supposed to know if these people can even do spells to carry anything, one only has to cast it once, and never again, but... that isn't the point. I have to remember it, I have to see if they can both learn it. Wait... if one can climb an enchanted mountain, and another can find their room with no help, though I did show them to their rooms once. Surely this can be learned! Then I remembered, I was given the Carry All Spell, I was not taught it. “Grand touched me and I knew it.” La’ Dana said aloud.
The memory of touching Amanda's hand flipped past my eyes for a second. As she realized that she may need to leave her room to actually give this gift.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have my writer's block here. This NOT the end of Chapter 3
I want to have La' Dana continue down the hall to somewhere, but I don't know where right now.
The Grand Inn, right now is very empty it is made of 7 characters. I want to add the spark that there are many people, servants and workers, around this giant place, but it also must feel empty like no one stays here for some mysterious reason which could be the premise of the whole story. I don't know.