Status: Will be slow in updates as am still in full time education but will try to update as regularly as possible

Better for You

Chapter 8

I slowly opened my eyes as I began to wake up, when I saw a body lying next to me. My eyes then immediately opened wide, as I took in the form of the body before me; Harry. We must have fallen asleep at some point last night like this. I looked over to the clock, and saw the time was 10 am. I rolled over to look over at Abby's bed, and her body was sprawled over it in a deep sleep.

I yawned before getting up and looking around the room for something to wear. I decided to put on a blue and white polka dotted half top with a black skater skirt. I put on a little eye make-up, and then went on my phone while Harry and Abby slept.

My notifications popped up and I had finally received a message from Mike last night saying that he was free to chat. I bit my lip, feeling guilty that I had kind of blown him off to talk to Harry but then I remembered how he’d been airing me all week and most of the guilt dissipated. I then looked over to HArry’s peaceful sleeping form, slightly worried about what was going to happen when he woke up. Sure, he had told me that he was done with being an arse, but last time he had stayed the night he humiliated me the following morning.

I sent Mike a quick text saying that I'd call him later as I was busy now, before I flicked onto my twitter app, catching up on my tweets. I then switched apps to Instagram, quickly scrolling through the pictures. I had gotten 7 new follower requests and I accepted the ones that I knew, and just left the ones the ones that I didn't.

I then began proof reading my essay that I had to hand in in today's lesson. My lesson wasn't until 2pm and so I had a lot of time to do anything. I huffed as I sat down on the floor, tired of standing awkwardly, and decided to watch an episode of One Tree Hill.

My body jumped in shock as I heard rustling of the sheets, causing me to pause the episode I was watching and look up at Harry’s beautifully confused expression. "What time is it?" Harry's husky morning voice asked and the sound almost bought chills down my spine. I checked the time on my phone and looked up to him, trying to not allow his stunning face and body distract me. You have a boyfriend I reminded myself and forced a smile to Harry.

"It's almost 11 o'clock." I informed him and Harry nodded, stretching and I had to move my head to look at the wall to keep my cool. The effect that Harry had on me was not healthy or anything like I had experienced with anyone else.

"Ok, I guess that I should get going then?" Harry asked, and I nodded nonchalantly. "Thanks for letting me stay the night Izzy, it was good talking to you." Harry told me and I nodded slowly, not wanting to think of my mum right now.

"Um, Izzy; I know that this probably goes without saying... But what I told you last night… please don't tell anyone; it's kinda personal, you know?" Harry told me, rubbing the nape of neck and I smiled at him softly.

"Yeah, I get it." I replied and he gave me a soft smile, and then left the room. I let out a sigh, then walked over and flopped down on my bed. I rolled over and noticed Abby staring at me in the corner of my eyes, letting out a quiet scream. "My god Abby! You scared the daylight out of me!" I shouted, placing a hand over my racing heart.

"What did Harry tell you last night?" Abby asked curiously, and I knew that by the sound of her voice that she had not only just woken up; she had been pretending to sleep so that she could listen to our conversation!

"You were listening into our conversation?!" I half asked, half shouted and Abby rolled her eyes at me.

"Of course I was! Now stop changing the subject and answer!" Abby replied in her usual bossy tone, which caused me to roll my eyes.

"I'm not telling. I gave Harry my word that I wouldn't tell anyone what he told me, and I'm sticking to it!" I answered and Abby just rolled her eyes at me.

"You're no fun! I tell you almost everything!" Abby moaned and I just grinned, sticking my tongue out at her. “What day is Mike coming?”

“On Saturday, in 3 days; why?”

“Nothing, I’m just planning how I shall get the information about Harry out of Mike” Abby joked and I rolled my eyes at her.

“Well, I may not even bother speaking to Mike seeing as he’s ignored me for the whole of last week” I huffed, still feeling slightly bitter over the lack of attention he’d been giving.

“What?! He hasn’t spoken to you for how long?” Abby asked shocked.

“I know! He messaged me last night for the first time in a week!” I exclaimed, saying the words out loud feeling very unsettling.

“Well, has he given you a reason why?” Abby pushed.

I sighed and confessed the thought that had been running through my head all of last week. “I think just he forgot about me.”

***

Three days later I was hanging out in my room with Abby, as we tried to tidy the room for when Mike arrived later, although Abby of course was creating more of a mess than she was tidying. Mike and I had agreed that he was going to meet me at my dorm as he wasn’t sure what time he’d be landing and I had a lesson that would likely coincide with the timings.

Abby was also texting someone, but then looked up at me and asked, "You got any plans for today?" I shrugged my shoulders, not really having anything planned until later after my class.

"No, I have class at 2, then Mike’s coming over later; but other than that I am all free; why?" I asked, placing my phone on the charger.

"Just wondering." Abby answered and I grinned as I flicked through my music on my IPod as it rested on the docking station.

"Ooh!" I smiled, as I played Havana through my docking station. I smiled at Abby wickedly as I jumped up from the bed and began doing some crazy dancing. Abby laughed, rolling her eyes at me as she then got up and began joining me, singing along to the music.

"He got me feeling like ooooooooh!" Abby sung loudly and out of tune, causing me to laugh. The song ended shortly after and Heartbreak Girl by 5SOS began playing, and I laughed, picking up my camera and filming via Instagram as Abby began playing the air-guitar.

I continually switched between the front camera and selfie camera, videoing Abby's poor air-drumming and guitar skills and my loud singing. "I dedicate this song to you, the one who never sees the truth," I sang as I ran out of time on the video and it stopped recording. I laughed as I played the video, and seeing just how ridiculous we both looked.

I posted it to Instagram with the caption 'future band in the making?? @Abby_Wilson :') ' I then put my phone back on the charger as Instagram notifications began blowing up on my phone. Look What You Made Me Do by the one and only T Swizzle played next as I began searching for my watch while singing along to the lyrics. I couldn't possibly go to college without my watch; my wrist would just feel naked without the watch there.

After a good twenty minutes of searching I finally found my watch hiding behind my dressing table. I placed it on my wrist, and then searched for my black booties with an ombre heel with a grey chanel handbag (fake of course) to match.

Abby looked over at me and smiled mischievously as anxiety began to pump through my veins. "What have you done?" I asked, and Abby shrugged still grinning.

"You might wanna check Instagram..." She told me, and I narrowed my eyes at her then walked over to pick up my phone and check Instagram. I saw that I had many likes already and 4 comments. I looked through the comments, when I saw that one of the comments was a tag in a video that Abby had uploaded. I clicked on the comment which took me to Abby's video that she had uploaded of me... singing....

She had been videoing me singing while I was searching for my watch. I looked up at her and glared, causing her to double over in laughter as she fell back onto her bed. "That's not funny!" I moaned. "I sound like a dying whale because she head's under the bed!"

"Come on, it's a little funny!" Abby exclaimed, and I glared at her, answering her question without having to say a word. Abby bit her lip to hold in her laughter while I sighed and collected all of my stuff.

"Well, I'm going to go to lunch now with Andy, if you wanna come with?" I asked but Abby shook her head.

"No, I'm good; already got some plans with Niall. See ya later" She told me and I smiled at her, kissing her cheek before walking out of the room, then realizing that I had forgotten my phone and came rushing into the room, and receiving a weird look from Abby. I took the phone from the charger and raised it to Abby who nodded her head in realization. I smiled at her, and then rushed back out of the room.

I was a few minutes late to meeting Andy at the low key restaurant, and saw Andy sitting down already. She looked up and saw me, the smiled and waved me over. I walked over and grinned as I reached her, pulling her in for a hug.

"How've you been?" Andy asked as I sat down; knowing Andy she probably meant this to be polite, but I had no idea how to answer this. Should I lie to one of my best friends or go through my long complicated feelings?

"I’ve been alright thank you, just about finished my essay for today, what about you?." I answered, deciding that it was best to tell a little white-lie than bring up the ins and outs of my childhood over a light lunch.

"Yea, that essay was horrible; the one part of the lecture that I didn’t write notes on!" Abby softly chuckled and I looked over the menu, deciding on my meal. Andy then looked down to her menu, picking her lunch also.

“What are you going to order?” She asked. I sighed looking between the vegetable lasagna and the halloumi burger when memories of my mum’s conversation replied in my mind.

“I think I’m going to get the garden salad, what about you?”

“I’m going to get the margherita pizza” She answered, and I grinned up at her from the menu. She’d gotten the margherita the previous two times we’d been here before. “What?” she asked, raising her hands up in defense, “They do really good margherita pizzas here!”

After lunch Andy and I had to walk quickly to the lesson, arriving just on time as lunch had lasted longer than planned. We walked to our seats and I took out my folder and pen. The door to the room opened and closed and I looked up to find Harry walking towards me. He gave me a tight lipped smile which I returned before he sat down in his seat next to me.

The teacher then walked in a few moments later and began talking about how he wanted us to complete a law case study on a topic that he would give us. The slight catch to the project would be that we were to complete them in pairs with the person next to us, and as Andy had someone sitting on the other side of her and Harry did not, I got put with Harry. “Mr Styles and Miss Hartley I would like you to research a case study on trade law.” The teacher instructed, and both Harry and I let out a groan.

At the end of the lesson, after the professor had dismissed us, Harry stopped me in the middle of the hallway. “Do you wanna go somewhere with me?” He asked, rubbing the nape of his neck as well with a nervous expression on his face - was he worried that I was going to reject him?

“Yea sure, where to?”

“You’ll see” Harry answered as he led me to his car and began diving off to some place that he refused to tell me. He had been driving for about 25 minutes, when he turned off of the main road and into what looked to be a forest. I furrowed my brows, wondering why Harry had taken me to a woods, I assumed that we’d go bowling or something…

“You’re not taking me here to kill me are you?” I checked and Harry laughed, getting out of the car and slamming his door shut. I then got out and shut the door, having to jog over to Harry to catch up with his long strides.

“If I wanted to kill you, then don’t you think that I would have already?” Harry asked, and I shrugged.

“Well, you haven’t had a clear chance until now, I mean now you could kill me, hide the evidence and no-one would know… No witnesses or anything.” I told him and he looked at me in the corner of his eyes with a playful smile tugging on his lips.

“Don’t tempt me.” Harry joked, and we both began laughing and I tried to ignore the beautiful sound of both of our laughter blending and harmonising together perfectly. After a few minutes of walking in silence Harry then came to a stop and looked up. I looked at what he was looking up at, and noticed a well-disguised tree house. “You’re not scared of heights, are you?” Harry asked and I shrugged, I don’t like big heights, but this tree was only around 15 ft from the ground so I should be fine.

Harry began climbing up the tree and I copied him and made it inside the tree house. “Did you make this?” I asked him shocked and he shrugged casually, while picking the pieces of dirt from his tight skinny jeans.

“Yeah, I grew up around here and sometimes I’d just come around here and build.” Harry answered and I nodded my head, looking around.

“It’s really good.” I told him and he gave me a humble smile. “It must have taken ages to make.”

“Yeah, it took me like almost year to complete, but it was worth spending all of the time on it. I could just be out here alone with my thoughts; it was kind of comforting.” Harry told me and I smiled. It was really impressive; it must have taken a lot of skill to do and pull off. Harry stood up and looked out of hole as he heard leaves being stepped on, and voices talking.

I watched as his face hardened, his jaw clenched and his walls went up. “What’s the matter?” I asked cautiously, but Harry just ignored me and his breathing began to increase and get heavier. “Harry?” I asked and Harry just glared at me. As the people passed and left the woods Harry turned around to face me with a stern expression.

“Let’s go.” He instructed coldly and I frowned at him; we’d only just got here…

“But we only just got here…” I trailed off as Harry began climbing down the tree, ignoring my comment. I huffed and followed him down the tree and back to the car.

Harry started the car, and went speeding onto the main road. “Ok Harry, what the hell is the matter with you? Who were those people?” I asked, getting irritated by Harry’s irrational behaviour.

“It’s none of your business Izzy, so just stay fucking out of it!” Harry snapped, shocking me by his anger. The look on his face was the same as the night at the party when I asked him about why he drank so much. I knew that he was hiding things, but him hiding things from me was now bothering me more than it had been before.. I know that he told me a lot a few days ago and that that was a big step for him, but I assumed that he told me that because he trusted me enough to tell me it; but clearly I was mistaken. If he trusted me then he would tell me whatever it was that was bothering him, instead of blocking me out.

“Ok, sorry.” I whispered, turning to look out of the window instead, and watched all of the streets pass by, filled with busy people moving from place to place.

After a silent car journey Harry pulled up outside of the building which my dorm was in. “Well, um, thanks…” I trailed off awkwardly, not knowing what to say. I got out of the car and began walking up to the building when I heard Harry’s car door open and close from behind me. The sound was then following by running footsteps getting closer and closer.

“Look Izzy, I’m sorry for snapping at you earlier. I just get pissed off easily.” Harry explained and I nodded my head, not really caring about what he had to say. Harry continued walking with me up to my dorm. As I got to the top of the stairs I looked ahead of me to my dorm and noticed a tall, blonde and masculine figure standing outside of my dorm; Mike.

My feet took off and began sprinting towards him. Mike looked up to me and realized that it was me and gave me his signature smile as we then collided into each other’s arms. Mike picked me up and spun me around, then placed me on the ground and pecked my lips lightly. “Mike!” I exclaimed his, kissing Mike again. I suddenly remembered Harry and looked up from Mike to find Harry just standing awkwardly. When he caught my eyes he gave me a forced smile then walked away, down the stairs.