Unexpected

The Proposal

It had been about two and a half months since I got kicked out of my house, because I told my parents I was pregnant. Two and a half months of my body stretching and growing to make room for my little baby. Two and a half months of spending all my time with the one I love, and falling deeper and deeper in love with him every second of every day. I was in the kitchen one morning, washing the dishes, when Nate came out from behind me, rubbing my shoulders, and kissing my cheek. He whispered in my ear, "Baby, get dressed, I have a surprise for you". I turned off the faucet, and went into our room. Nate was buttoning up a nice white dress shirt, and putting on a solid black tie. I was shocked to see him dressed like this, so I went to the closet and picked out a beautiful black maternity dress. Once I was done getting ready, I walked out to the car, and got in. Nate started the car, and drove for about a half an hour. Once we got there, he told me we were going to take pictures together. I agreed quickly. We took pictures of the two of us, for what seemed like forever, but then Nate turned me so that I was facing him. I got really nervous because he had the most serious look on his face. He then took both my hands into his own, and got down on one knee. Before I even had a chance to process what was going on, he started to say, "Vivian Lacy Christianson, I love you so much, I have loved you since the day we met at the party, and I will continue to love you unconditionally till the day I die. I want us to be together and grow old together for as long as we live. Vivian you make me the the most happiest person in the world, and I hope I make you feel the same too. What I am trying to say is... Will you marry me?". I started to cry because I knew he meant every word he had said. I cried because he made me happy. I cried because he was the one for me. He looked up at me with those beautiful ice blue eyes, waiting for me to say something... anything. I started to nod, because I hadn't found my words yet. When my words had finally returned, I ecstatically said "YES!". He got up quickly and pulled me into a very passionate kiss. I kissed him back just as passionately. He whispered in my ear, "This is the beginning of our lifelong adventure.