Just Business

six.

The next morning my doorbell was going off the wall. I crawled out of my bed almost falling because I tripped over some one’s heel.

“One second shit!”

I grabbed my robe and opened the front door. Ethan’s face filled with panic.

“Ethan what the hell, its ten o’clock in the morning.” I said rubbing my eyes.

He came in and was pacing back and forth.

“Actually, it’s one in the afternoon. Eloise, I need your help with something.”

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. “Ethan, couldn’t it wait until later?”

“No Eloise it couldn’t look.”

He went into his pocket and pulled out a little red velvet box. He opened it and inside was probably the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my entire life.

“Holy shit Ethan, is that an engagement ring?” I asked moving closer observing it.

He nodded and ran a hand through his hair nervously.

“I’ve never been so in love with anyone before Eloise. I love Meadow so much and I don’t want to screw this up, please help me make it perfect.”

“Okay, Ethan I’m in. So, what you do is make it special and romantic. Take her for late lunch at her favorite restaurant. Then take her for a walk in the park and take her to the gazeebo next to the lake,
confess your undying love for her and bam. Ask her.”

He stared at me and blinked a few times. “Have you fantasized about the perfect proposal? Because that sounds like some shit out of a book.”

I laughed. “You have a lot to learn Ethan, a lot to learn.”

“Thank goodness for all the sister’s god blessed me with.” He said sarcastically.

I rub my eyes and sigh and start the coffee. “You wouldn’t believe who I saw yesterday.” I said pulling down two mugs.

He sits at the bar stool in front of me and I get the milk and sugar out.

“I already know.” He says with a half smile. “Henry called me.”

“He did? What did he say?” I asked.

He laughed as I poured him the coffee. “Well, he wanted to know why you ran away from him, first off.”

My face turned bright red and I passed him a cup.

“He was on a date Ethan! What was I supposed to do? Walk up and introduce myself? ‘Hey I’m Henry’s ex, I broke his heart because I admit I’m very selfish and I didn’t want him to have to deal with my personal issues?’ Great.”

I admit, I’m not perfect, no one is. But when it came to Henry, I couldn’t face him again. Not after the way I hurt him.

“He misses you El, He wants to see you again.”

I sighed and put my hair up. It’s bad enough I have a crazy psycho following me around the city trying for weeks to find out my name for the past week and half.

“I don’t know, I’ll have to think about it.”

He smiles. “Well either way, he’s coming to the wedding so you better reconcile because he’s my friend.”

“Fine. When I’m ready.”

Honestly, I have no idea when that would be either.
♠ ♠ ♠
drama drama drama ! :) tell me how it makes y'all feel!