I Still Love You

chapter 3.

“Please open the door. That didn’t mean anything, I don’t even know the girl. Ri, please.”

I grabbed my jacket and my overnight bag from the chair and pushed passed Zack. He was still trying to apologize but I just blocked him out of my mind and headed for the door. This was something that I definitely didn’t expect to happen to us, especially the day after our anniversary.

“Rilee please let me explain myself.”

I stopped and turned to face him. I’ve never seen him like this before. It honestly killed me on the inside seeing him like this.

“That girl was no one. I don’t know what the fuck I was thinking. You know I’m not that type of person, you know that. Just give me a chance babe.” Zacky walked towards me and rested his hand on my shoulder.

“Why should I? You fucking cheated on me the day our anniversary. Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t leave your ass?” I told him and pushed his hand off my shoulder. Zack just looked at the ground and didn’t say anything so I took this as my cue to leave. As I walked away Zacky didn’t even try to stop me and I could hear the door close behind him.

The tears started to stream down my face again after a flashback of him and that woman in the club. It was starting to get cloudy and the moon was starting to disappear. I picked up the pace and headed for Manny’s place. I knew he was going to give me shit for staying with Zacky.

I finally reached Manny’s place and pressed the buzzer to his apartment. The door unlocked and I walked inside. There were quite a few people around in this building. Manny opened up the door and let me in.

“I cleaned the guest room for you.” He smiled.

“Thank you. What did I do to deserve this?” I dropped my stuff and hugged him.

“You did nothing. He’s a fucking idiot for doing that to you. He doesn’t know that he has something so special in front of him. He’d rather pick weeds than roses. Cmon.”

Manny walked into the kitchen. I just sat on the couch silently crying to myself. That’s all I was seeing was Zacky and that girl together. My phone began buzzing and Zacky’s name flashed across the screen. I didn’t answer it. Manny grabbed my phone and answered it.

“Listen, Rilee doesn’t want to talk to you right now so would you mind giving her a little space and fuck off for a while? Thank you.” Manny said and threw my phone beside me.

“You know Rilee, I think this should be your cue to just leave the dude already. I don’t know how many times you’ve come to me because of something he did to you. I really don’t like seeing my best friend like this, it honestly kind of kills me on the inside. I’m so used to seeing you be this outgoing and fun girl but lately, you’ve just been so reserved. You deserve better than that loser.” Manny wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer.

“I don’t know. I still love him and-”

“What? After you caught him sucking face with some random? Are you okay?”

“I think I just want to go to sleep right now. I need to be alone. I’ll talk to you in the morning. Goodnight.”

I could see Manny shake his head. I just felt so empty on the inside and usually, I would just sleep to not feel like this at all. He was right, lately, I’ve just been so quiet and distant. I just played on the bed not even bothering to take off my jacket and jeans. At this point, I really didn’t care at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. Wasn't really feeling good these past couple days. This is just a filler and I'm hoping to have the next chapter up by the weekend.