For the Cloak

Nine - Second Chances

I open the doors to the Palace of the Kings after a long internal battle with myself. I knew Ulfric would have more to say to me, more attempts at some feeble apology, but I didn’t want to hear any of it. I had to be here for Alduin, although getting close to him once more would allow me more leverage in the end. I smirk as Ulfric looks at me in surprise, my tail swishing behind me as I approach him. I do not bow or greet him in the manner of a stormcloak because I do not view myself as one any longer. Ulfric stands to look me in the eyes, at first, I kept my expression cold, but gradually I gave into my old feelings while keeping my new ones at the forefront of my mind. I would never forget what he had done to me and I know he knew that. Ulfric searched my eyes for any clues as to why I was there, but before he could speak and question me I lean up and kiss him gently. He was quick to return the kiss and carefully wrap his arms around my naked torso. The way he clung to me let me know how much he misses me, but I could also feel the doubt, the pain, coming from him since he knew what he had done.

When he pulls away for breath he looks at me, “I’m glad you’ve come back, but I must know why? We hurt you,” He said as he holds onto me.

I shrug, “Khajiit has decided to give Nord another chance,” I say as I look up into his eyes.

Ulfric looks unsure, knowing that I had a relationship with the dragons, but he seems to accept my response and nods. He holds me close to his body and runs his hand over my fur, “I never thought I’d get to have you back,” he said quietly.

I ran my nails down the side of his cheek, “I never wanted to come back, but you deserve at least somewhat of a second chance,” I say. Although I’m lying through my teeth, I did mean some of it in the back of my head. I did want to truly give Ulfric a second chance, I wanted to love him, but I was hurt and angry. Ulfric took my hand and took me to his bedroom, I had a feeling in my gut that told me Ulfric knew I was lying, but another part of me hoped that he believed what I told him, so I didn’t have to worry about anything. Ulfric slams me up against the door to his room and kept me pinned by my arms.

He kisses my neck, “tell me the truth, I know you’re not here for me,” Ulfric says.

I tilt my head back as he kisses up and down, “I’m here to betray Kodiak for the dragons, I’m Alduin’s rider,” I say as I close my eyes in bliss.

Ulfric bites down on my neck before whispering in my ear, “so the rumors are not false, you were seen with dragons and my eyes had not deceived me,” Ulfric said in my ear.

I shake my head no, “the rumors were correct, and yes I’m Dragonborn it’s true, but I do not wish to fight the dragons,” I say as I moan out in bliss when he bites the right spot.

Ulfric stopped, as I knew he most likely would, and looks into my eyes, “I wish I could say I was surprised for the reason you have returned, but I am not. You are not a Nord, you are not bound to our customs, and for some reason, you were chosen by the world-eater. I will not expose your true purpose to anyone, but in exchange allow me the chance to prove to you that I’m capable of loving you the correct way,” Ulfric said as he held me in place.

I nod, “I will, I will give you the chance to make amends. I cannot promise you will be forgiven, but a chance is fair,” I say as I lean up to kiss him lovingly.