Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

I'm Not That Small!

~♦~ Jennifer’s Point Of View ~♦~

As I climbed into the car I had a mixture of feelings flowing through me and I didn’t know which one to settle on. I was ecstatic about leaving Lakeview but at the same time I’d grown so used to not having to worry about what was going on in the world that I didn’t know how I would handle being thrown back into the circle.

I sat in the back with Matt as I stared out of the window while clutching my bag for dear life.

“So Jenny we’re leaving for Huntington tomorrow afternoon, is there anything you want to do before we go?” asked my dad as he glanced back at me through the rear view mirror quickly.

“I’d like to go to The Heartline Cafe.” I said thinking about the days I’d spent there with my adoptive family but then thought that maybe they wouldn’t want to traipse around Arizona so I quickly added. “If that’s okay, I mean.. we don‘t have to.” my mum turned around in her seat slightly so she could face me.

“Don’t worry sweetheart, if you want to go, then we’ll go.” she said with a smile that made me relax completely, her smile was so warming, it made me feel as though the past two and a half years had never happened.

“How about we go back to the hotel and get you settled in, then tomorrow we go to the cafe for lunch and then we can relax a bit before heading back to Huntington, that sound good?” asked dad again and I nodded in return.

I continued to look out of the window at the passing by area and started to feel sick again but this time I was sure it was from cravings and not anxiety. I bit my lip to keep myself from groaning in frustration and began fiddling with the sleeve of my top to try and keep my mind off of the sensation I was feeling.

“Hey you okay?” I heard a quiet voice ask from beside me, I turned around and saw Matt staring at me with look of concern. Mum and dad hadn’t noticed, they were in a deep conversation about something. I nodded my head but he didn’t look convinced so I told him half of what was wrong.

“Everything just feels and looks so different, it’s nothing like the way I remember it. I guess it just feels weird being out of the Lakeview grounds for the first time in two years.” he nodded his head and sighed.

“You’ll get used to it all again Jenny, and the guys they all wanna take you out and show you Huntington when we get back, And Val says she’ll take you for some girl time so you can buy clothes and stuff. We’re all gonna help you.” he smiled which made me think about how weird it was that this big, tattooed guy somehow reminded me of a teddy bear.

“Your all really close, aren’t you?” I asked referring to him and his band mates.

“Yeah. We look out for each other a lot, more of a family than a band. But Johnny‘s gonna be the happiest about you joining the group since he gets picked on for being the only short one.” he laughed and I giggled along before realising that he’d just called me short.

“Hey I’m not that small!” I stated while crossing my arms.

“Hate to break it to you Jen but your smaller than Johnny, that makes you tiny.” we both began laughing again and as I looked up I saw that we had parked outside the hotel and mum and dad were sitting watching us laugh. I felt my cheeks go pink and I put my head down shyly.

“Okay let’s get inside, we have a surprise for you there Jen.” smiled my mum and at the word ‘surprise’ I quickly pulled off my seatbelt, opened the door and got out of the car. Everyone else followed and within two minutes we were inside.

“Look over there.” said my dad as he pointed over in the direction of some seats in the lobby. I bit my lip and let my gaze wander over in the direction that he was pointing and almost screamed when I saw what he was pointing at

There, sitting in one of the seats facing us was none other than Chloe.

Smiling, I ran over to her as fast as I could carry myself and she jumped out of her seat as I stopped just in front of her before pulling her in for a tight hug.

“Thank you.” were the first two words I said to her as tears began to cloud my eyes. “Thank you for being there.”

“Your free Jen, you made it!” she whispered an I could hear in her voice that she was crying as well.

“I don’t get it, how did you manage it, how did you get her to hand over the files?” I asked as we pulled away from the hug and looked at her with slight confusion but that was probably over written by the look of sheer happiness.

“Let’s just say that I gave up on the whole ‘being nice’ thing and let some of my inner colours show.” she laughed as she moved a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

“You blackmailed her didn’t you!” I laughed back knowing that that was about as mean as she would get as I wiped away some of my tears.

“The stupid mare forgot to be careful about letting others know about her affair.” she smiled again as she helped me wipe the tears away. “So naturally I threatened to tell her husband.”

“Well no matter what you did, I owe you my life, because without you, I probably wouldn’t have one.” I smiled. “And now the only time I’ll ever go back there is when I’m getting Charlie out.”

“Ohh it sounds like a mission!” she joked and we began laughing again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!

Hope you liked it!

Five Comments = Another Chapter!

Shannon
xXx