Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

No Sign Of Her

~♦~ Zacky’s Point Of View ~♦~

I woke up the next morning to a loud noise, it sounded like something falling or being pushed over but when I got up and went down stairs I couldn’t find anyone in the house at all. Not even Jenny.

That got me worried. I wasn’t sure where she would have gone, Matt would still be in bed and his was the only house she would have felt comfortable going to at this time in the morning. She didn’t like wandering around Huntington much.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a note attached to the fridge door. I began walking over but stopped when I saw a lot of glass on the floor. I looked around for the source and soon came to the conclusion that it had been from some bottles of beer left on the counter from the night before. I managed to dodge the glass and finally got to the note.

Zacky.

I had to go for a walk there were some things I had to take care of.
Don’t worry about me, I’ll be back soon
There’s just something I need to do.

Love Jenny.
xxx


I sighed before cleaning up the glass then walking into the living room and turning on the TV. I was flicking through the channels looking for something to watch when something caught my eye. It was a documentary about people who’d become addicted to prescribed meds and it immediately made me think of Jen.

The abuse of prescription drugs is a serious problem to public health. Most take prescription medications responsibly; however, an estimated 48 million people ages 12 and above use prescription drugs for nonmedical reasons in their lifetimes. This represents approximately 20 percent of the US population.

Forget cannabis and heroin, painkillers fall under the category of most common drug for the public to become addicted to. Patients can become psychologically addicted to any type of painkiller and the most common sign of painkiller addiction is constant headaches.

The problem is that people who have a prescription drug problem don’t realize it. Addiction is indeed a disease of denial and pushes people to horrible extremes. There have been known cases where patients have pushed for surgery solely for the narcotic painkillers they knew they’d get afterwards.

For many people, prescription drug addiction can cause deep sense of shame that prevents them from getting help. Some people go ’underground’ with their addictions, pretending to stop in order to keep their loved ones happy…


I had to turn it off there, it was hitting too close to home for my liking. I walked into the kitchen to make some coffee before pouring myself a cup. I bit my lip before going through to the living room and picking up the phone and dialling Matt’s number.

“Who the fuck is calling at six in the morning?” his voice came after the phone had been ringing for a while. It sounded not like he’d just woke up, but like he wasn’t even really awake at all.

“Hey It’s Zacky. Listen, Jen isn’t there by any chance is she?” I asked, half hoping that she was.

“No she’s at your place. Isn’t she?” I went quiet, Matt was gonna go crazy when he found out she had gone walk about. That was probably the only rule he had for her, she didn’t know this place and she got scared and angry easily so he didn’t want her going around by herself and getting into trouble. “V this is were you agree with me.”

“Matt don’t worry about it she’s probably just gone for a walk or something. You know your sister, she likes it being quiet and all that shit, she’ll be back soon.” I said, more trying to convince myself than him.

“Fifteen minutes, if she’s not back by then you call me, you know I don’t like her wandering around alone she’s too small for that shit, anything could happen.” Matt was always so protective like this. His mum, Val and Jen were always his number one priorities so I just agreed with him then hung up the phone before getting into my car to go for a drive to see if I could find her.

I was driving around for ages looking for her, it was twenty minutes after I’d called Matt and there was still no sign of her anywhere. Where could she go, she didn’t know anyone around here? My phone suddenly started going off and I looked at the caller ID to see that it was Matt calling so I answered, hoping she’d turned up at his.

“You didn’t call back, your not at your house. She’s missing isn’t she?” he said, not even hello.

“Matt I’ll find her.” I said back, not even bothering to lie to him. There was no point he’d know I wasn’t telling the truth.

“I’m coming out.” I tried to protest but he cut me off. “Two of us will find her quicker. I’ll start at the park.” I sighed before agreeing.

Over an hour later and we still hadn’t found her, we’d been keeping in contact so that we both knew where we’d covered but it was useless, that was until I saw her standing on the sidewalk with a group of about three guys. Instantly I felt myself get angry but I wasn’t sure if it was because I was worried about her or because I was jealous of them.

I quickly pulled up to the sidewalk then got out and walked over to her as she laughed at something one of the guys had said.

“Hey Zacky.” she smiled as she looked at me and leaned in closer to me so that could wrap my arms around her.

“Hey, where you been?” I asked as I kissed her forehead. “Your brothers going crazy.”

“Aw you didn’t tell him did you?” I nodded and she sighed before pulling away from me. “Okay intro’s, this is TJ, Colin and Mark. Guys, this is Zack my boyfriend.” she smiled as she said ‘boyfriend’ before leaning in and kissing me but it was cut short when we heard Matt’s voice.

“Jen!” he called, sounding happy that we’d found her safe, as he ran over to us but taking one look at the company we had and he became sour almost instantly.

“Hey Shads.” smirked the guy I knew to be TJ.

“Jen, what the fuck are you doing hanging around with these guys?” he asked, not even trying to hide how angry he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no what's she up to now??

Okay last time I only got about three out of the five comments I asked for so...
Five comments or no update at all please
it doesn't have to be an essay (infact i'd rather it wasn't) i just want to know what people like about the story and what they don't.

((PS. Info on prescribed drugs addiction is al factual.))

Shannon
xXx