Forest Fairy

Animal Talk

"Derek," Haley sighed, as she came to stand near her boyfriend. "Let us come with you. Please."

"No," the alpha growled, glowing his red eyes. "I've already told you this once. Argent most likely will be there. They only know about Isaac, I don't need them learning about my other two betas." His eyes landed on the short brunette. "And especially you. I don't need them finding out about you."

"But what if it nicks you again and you become paralyze," Haley brought up a valid point, making the three betas nod in agreement.

"All the more reason to have us there if you expect the Argents to be there," Erica chimed in.

"I said no!" He bellowed, eyes holding their red color. "That's finally."

Not wanting to argue with his pack any longer, he made his way up the stairs and out into the crisp night air. Erica huffed and moved away from the other three pack members before she could say anything wrong. Boyd looked over at his pack mates, wondering what they had planned to do about this situation. If he knew Haley as well as he thought, he knew she would not just stand by hopelessly. He also knew Isaac would follow her lead to make sure she stayed safe.

"Well," Haley smiled at the two werewolves before her. "I say tonight would be a good time to test out my speed."

"What?" Isaac quirked a brow, along with Boyd, who was also confused by that statement.

"Let's see who gets there first," she grinned, backing away from the two. "Alpha werewolf. Or whatever the fuck I am."

Taking the stairs two at a time, she quickly made her way out of the old subway station when she knew Derek was far out of hearing range. The two betas exchanged a quick, amused glance before they took off after the brunette with a laugh. Isaac caught his girlfriend's scent and began to follow after her. He had to admit, she is fast. Much faster than either him or Boyd, but he doubted she would be faster than Derek. Haley giggled, noticing the two betas in her dust, but she glanced back. They were in actually dust. Taking back alleyways and roof tops here and there, she made her way to the screeching noise she wanted to forget.

Landing on a beam without a sound, she took in Derek just arriving at the scene below her. She smirked to herself, realizing she was faster than him. Derek roared at the kanima and began to fight it. He dodged every punch thrown, but as he tried to tear the head off the creature, it quickly recovered. Haley then heard the car pulling up, knowing that should be her cue to leave, but she stayed and watched Allison's dad empty a clip into the creature. Then she watched as it stood back up again, standing in front of Gerard Argent. He stood there staring at it. Haley listened to his heartbeat to notice it's steadiness. He wasn't scared at all.

"It's time to go Haley," Derek's voice shocked her.

Before the thought to search for her alpha came, she made a mad dash out of there. Leaving the two Argent men with a gust of wind. A gust that caught Gerard's attention. He looked toward the rafters, but nothing caught his eye. He knew though. He knew what caused that gust of wind.

Haley grinned at her boyfriend once she jumped the last stair and landed onto the floor of the abandoned subway station. Her smile didn't last long though, because she found her self gasping for air as she looked at the red eyes of her alpha. Isaac growled with anger, watching Derek press an arm against his girlfriend's chest up against the pillar. Erica made her way out of the old car as she took in the scene before her, she too growled at the older werewolf.

"I told you to stay," Derek sneered, shoving away from her, pressing her more into the pillar. "You could have gotten hurt."

"But I didn't," the short female protested. "But I learned about a new ability tonight."

"She's faster than any of us," Erica voiced, who actually followed the rest of the pack. "We lost her as soon as she left the place."

Derek slammed his fist against the wall, causing his pack to flinch at the sound of rubble. "I. Don't. Care!" His eyes flashed with anger once again, fighting to stay in control of himself. "I told you all to stay and you disobeyed my order!"

"She was creating a vortex around her as she ran," Isaac didn't care about his alpha's feelings. He knew his alpha needed to know this information about his girlfriend. They had to figure out what she was. "Slightly like a tornado."

"She looked as if she was flying," Boyd added in quickly, not liking the tension in the air.

"My feet stayed on the ground the whole time though," Haley looked at the beta's confused, sighing as she noticed Derek out of sight. "I'm sorry, Derek. But we're a pack. A pack sticks together no matter what. We look out for each other. Even if it means exposing ourselves in the process."

She waited for no reply and ascended the staircase. Isaac looked at his two fellow werewolves, who nodded their heads in understanding, before he followed his girlfriend up the stairs. He stayed slightly back, registering her irritated state. Haley hit the button to unlock her car doors and she slide in without even looking at the boy behind her. Starting her car, she waited to hear Isaac get in besides her, but it never came. She glanced out of her windshield, to see a nervous Isaac.

"You can come if you like," she sighed, taking a breath to calm herself more.

Isaac made his way into the car, not knowing how to fill the tension in the car. Haley controlled her breathing, but she knew she had to talk to him. When she had told Derek she discovered something new, she did not mean about her fast movements. She had discovered she could see perfectly in the dark night, without switching to her glowing eyes. Though, she did know she could see twice as good in the dark when she changed her eyes.

"Answer me this Isaac," her voice caused him to turn towards her. "Don't use your wolf powers, but can you tell what color shirt that man is wearing twenty feet ahead of us?"

Looking at the person she pointed to, he squinted to see if he could tell, but he couldn't. It was too dark. "No."

"It's green. Check. I didn't have to change mine to know."

Changing his eyes, he noticed the distinct green color of the shirt. He glanced back at his girlfriend, understanding this was the new ability she spoke about. Wanting to know exactly what she was because her safety depended on it right now. Plus, he would love to give whatever creature she was a name. Isaac knew it was eating away at her. It ate away at him too. Not knowing was the hardest part in having her discover her different abilities. If she knew, then she would better understand how she was, whatever she is. That night, the two both fell in a restless sleep, after a few hours of researching what she could be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, why do we need their help?" Isaac questioned his alpha. He was still bitter about the night before and he had wished Haley stayed back home.

Derek sighed, trying not to glance at the brunette who sat on the stairs, "Because it's harder to kill than I thought and I still don't know who it is."

"Agreed," Haley spoke softly, wishing she didn't have to agree with the werewolf.

"And they do?" Isaac ignored his girlfriend.

"They might," Derek stood with his arms crossed. "Which is why I need one of you to get on their good side."

Erica perked up at this, smirking, "Mm. Scott or Stiles?"

"Either," the alpha shrugged his shoulders.

"You know, the full moon's coming, Derek." Isaac shoved his hands into his jeans, trying to understand his alpha.

"And I would like to present, my boyfriend lady and gents," Haley rolled her eyes, making Isaac grin, but soon frown at her follow-up statement. "Aka, Captain Obvious."

"I'm aware of that," Derek ignored the dramatic female, as he opened up the chest and pulled out restraints.

"Oh my, these look comfortable," Erica's voice leaked with sarcasm.

"You said you were gonna teach us to change whenever we wanted," Isaac reminded him.

"There hasn't been time."

"But if you have to lock us up during the full moon, that means," Isaac stammered. "That means you're alone against the Argents."

"Uh," Haley waved, feeling as if she was back in the pool, holding Mr. Muscles up with Stiles. "Hello? May not like him at this moment, but we are a pack here."

Derek finally glanced at the girl sitting on the stairs, feeling slightly guilty, "They haven't found us."

"Yet!" Isaac exclaimed, getting annoyed. "So how about we forget the kanima?"

Derek walked over to lean against the pillar next to the stairs. "We can't! There was something about the way Gerard looked at it. He wasn't afraid at all. I don't know what he knows or what he's planning. But I'm sure about one thing. We have to find it first."

"I agree," Haley sighed, feeling that no one would listen to her still. "If anyone cares, for that matter."

"I care," Isaac looked at his girlfriend's defeated expression. "Since you told me the same thing last night about him."

Smiling towards her boyfriend, she nodded her head in appreciation. She stayed rooted to her spot on the stairs. After last night, she didn't quite feel welcomed into the abandoned station at the moment. So, she decided to stay here and wait for Isaac to grab a few article's of clothing. He has been staying with her during the night recently, so he needed a few things. Toothbrush being high on his list of things. He hated not being able to brush his teeth until he got to the station.

"I'm sorry," Derek's gruff voice broke her out of her thoughts. She glanced towards him, to see him looking back at her. "I shouldn't have said or done those things to you last night. So, I'm sorry."

"Did Isaac threaten you to say that?" She smirked at him, not surprised at how awkward he was at apologizing.

"Can't you just accept my apologize without a sarcastic comment?" Derek rolled his eyes, wondering if the female was related to Stiles.

"It's just what I do," she shrugged her shoulders, giving him a smile. "But I'm sorry I disobeyed your order. Though like I said last night. A pack is a team. They work together no matter what."

"Ready Hals?" Erica smiled at her best friend, having listening in on the two's conversations.

Haley smiled at Erica as she stood up and placed her bag on her shoulder. Isaac quickly made his way to the two girls, before saying goodbye to Derek. He too listened into the two's conversations and he felt slightly better towards his alpha, but he did not quiet trust him fully again. The teens found their way into the high school, before Isaac gave Haley a brief kiss on her lips and made his way opposite of the two girls.

"So," Erica smirked, making Haley groan in protest of the question she knew was coming. "Did it happen yet?"

"What Isaac and I do is none of your business, Erica," she sighed, sitting in her seat in their English class.

Like every day, Haley relied on her hearing to pick up anything from McCall and his friends. Nothing for the first three periods. Nothing from anyone on that side of the battle field. Not until she sat in front of Isaac in fourth period French. She heard Scott and Stiles first. They were in the library and she could hear Scott's heartbeat only slightly faster than normal, which confused her. Well, that was until she could hear Allison's raised heartbeat grow closer to her secret lover's.

"It's everything Lydia can translate. And trust me, she was very confused," Allison whispered, but not low enough Haley could still hear.

"Yeah, what'd you tell her?" Scott questioned her.

"That we were part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures."

"I am part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures," Stiles sounded offended. Haley tried so hard to hold in a snort of laughter, but failed miserably.

"Mademoiselle Rosenburg," Mrs. Morrell's voice brought Haley's attention back to the classroom. She looked up at her teacher. "Pourriez-vous dire à la classe ce qui est si drôle?"

"Non Madame," Haley bit her lip, nervousness seeping through.

"Votre attention s'il vous plaît. La prochaine fois sera une détention," Mrs. Morrell warned her, before walking back up front to continue her lesson.

Goose bumps rose along her shoulder as she felt fingers brush her hair slightly, "I guess don't get on her bad side, princess," Isaac whispered so only she could hear.

"Shut up," she hissed, though she smirked at his words. Her words held two meanings, a teasingly way and an actually meaning for him to shut up so she could hear the McCall group again.

Allison's voice made its way into ear, "What if. It has something to do with his parents? His real parents."

"Yeah, does anybody actually know what happened to them?" Scott questioned.

"Lydia might," Stiles said with some helpfulness in his voice.

"What if she doesn't know anything?" Scott inquired.

"Well, he doesn't have a restraining order against me, so," Allison gave a short pause. "I'll talk to him myself."

"Okay, what do I do?" Scott's questions were growing annoying to Haley.

"You have a make-up exam, remember? Promise me."

"If he does anything, you run the other way."

Haley stopped listening to their conversation, not wanting to listen to Allison and Scott puppy love any longer. How Stiles put up with it, she would never know. She had no idea who the trip was talking about, but she did hear for one person who out in a restraining order against McCall and Stilinski. Jackson had done so, from what she heard.

"Who has a restraining order against Scott and Stiles?" Haley whispered, knowing Isaac could hear her.

Isaac looked at the back of his girlfriend's head, wondering where the random question came from, but he knew she was probably listening to the two she questioned about. "Jackson," he mumbled.

Hearing Isaac confirm her thoughts, she thought about the night they planned on killing Lydia. While the pack walked away, she could have sworn she heard Scott whispered his name after Lydia came out of the house as the screech sounded. The kanima. It had to be him. But they had tested him, she thought. Some how, it was still him. The kanima was Jackson Whittemore. Finally the bell rang and she briskly left the classroom, not waiting for Isaac, who tried to keep up with her pace. Stopping at her locker, she tapped her foot waiting for the blonde female werewolf. Isaac caught up to his girlfriend who he noticed stood waiting near her locker.

"What's up?" He questioned, also taking in her lip biting.

Hearing her best friend heartbeat nearer, she whispered, "Hurry up, Erica!"

Erica came into view as she rounded the corner and he pace picked up hearing Haley. She stopped in front of the short female. "Hey, what's going on?"

"Stiles plans on asking Lydia about Jackson's parents," Haley said, getting the words off her lips fast, wanting to get to the bottom of this.

"Why?" Isaac interrupted her before she could start a ramble. He wrapped his arm over her shoulders, pulling her closer to him to comfort her.

"I'm not sure, I kind of snorted in class after Stiles said something funny and got in trouble with Mrs. Morrell and she stopped me from list-."

"I'll find out Hals," Erica stopped her chunter. "In fact, I'll go find out right now."

Before Haley could tell her she thought Jackson was the kanima, Erica made her way down the hallway. She nibbled on the bottom lip, feeling anxious about everything going on. Isaac sighed and took a hold of her chin, bringing her gaze to his. He looked in her eyes and used his thumb to rub her cheek, before he grazed it over her plump pink lips. He knew she was worried. She gave no sarcastic remark to anything. He brought his lips to hers, making her sigh. His lips worked against hers, taking her mind off things momentarily.

"Come on," Isaac smirked, taking her small hand in his large one.

"Where are we going?" She questioned, as he pulled her along the hallway to the outer doors.

"Don't ask," he chuckled.

Isaac lead her away from the school building and out towards the woods. Haley followed his lead easily and she asked no more questions. Neither of the two could keep the smile off their faces. They were together, which is something both of them needed right now. Before she knew what was happening, he threw her small frame over his shoulder, making her squeal.

"Isaac!" She laughed, feeling the blood rush towards her head.

Haley watched as he passed several trees off a beaten track. She had no idea where he planned on taking her, but she hoped it wasn't too much further. Her head was beginning to hurt in the position. Water. Her ears picked up the sound of running water, which had to still be a few miles away still. Isaac could feel her discomfort, so he set her down gently before facing away from her and grabbing each on of her thighs. Noticing what he wanted, she jumped slightly onto his back and sighed when she placed her chin on his shoulder.

"Why are you carrying me?" She plundered aloud. He involuntarily shivered as her breath hit a spot behind his ear, something Haley noticed making her smirk.

"Because," he stated simply.

Blowing a puff of air on that certain spot behind his ear again, she smirked when she heard and felt him take a sharp intake of breath. The sound of water grew closer and closer, as they came out to a small clearing with a tiny hill that over looked a creek. Isaac set her down, but before he could take a peek at her after he feet touch the ground, she was off. Off to the nearest tree. Chuckling, he watched Haley take a seat on a low hanging branch, before he made his way over.

"Okay, I guess I didn't need to carry you," he grinned up at her. "You are faster than me, even if you are shorter."

"Of course I am," Haley smirked at him as he sat down next to her.

The two sat there in silence. Her head resting on his shoulder, as he wrapped his arm around her waist. All of a sudden, sadness filled her mind. Sadness that was not her own. She glanced at Isaac, but when she touched his thigh, she could tell it didn't come from him. Hopping off the branch, she started to search for the source of this sadness, ignoring her boyfriend's questioning look. Following the feeling, she heard a low whimpering. What she saw brought tears to her eyes. A grey coyote limping out of the tree line towards the creek.

The coyote stopped though, upon hearing the crunching leaves of Isaac, causing it to snarl at the two. Haley heard the werewolf behind her growl, which caused the coyote snarl more. Fear. Fear over took her feelings now. She began to take a small step forward, but a grip on her wrist stopped her. Isaac looked at her as if she was crazy. This coyote was going to attack at any moment. A growl rippled through the animal's throat, as it limped forward a little.

"Trust me," Haley whispered, searching her boyfriend's eyes.

Isaac saw determination in her forest green eyes, making him sigh and slowly loosen his grip on her wrist before finally letting go. Turning around at the slowly advancing, snarling coyote, she stepped away from the tall werewolf. Haley slowed her heartbeat to a resting rate and breathed calmly, taking another step towards the injured animal. She blinked her eyes slowly, staring back at the black eyes of the coyote.

The animal watched the female who was advancing forwards before its muzzle relaxed and it let out another whimper in pain. Isaac watched on as his girlfriend calmly made it to the coyote, only for the animal lay down in front of her, before it crawled the rest of the way to her crouching form. He watched her run her fingers along the coyote's head, before taking a deep breath and the mere touch turned to a loving petting. He made a move to go forward, but did not move once her voice broke the tense air.

"Coyotes and wolves don't get along, Isaac," Haley continued to pet the animal, not turning towards him. "I would stay there. She's content as of right now. You'll only frighten her if you get closer."

"What are you doing?" he asked, watching the coyote licking her hand.

"Healing her," was her simple reply.

He then watched the coyote jump up on all fours. On high alert, he tried not to make a sound and to stay out. Something he found very hard to do. It then bounced around on its front paws before tackling his giggling girlfriend to the ground in licks. He looked on in awe. Haley stood, petting the coyote on its head. It gave her hand one last lick before bolting on its way through the woods. Isaac took his chance to walk forward, placing his arm around her shoulders and she still watched where the coyote ran off.

"How'd you know it was here?" He wondered. "I didn't even hear it or smelled it."

"I didn't either," she sighed, turning her gaze to him. "I felt its sadness. Almost as if it was speaking to me."

Lifting her up, he pressed a kiss on her lips. "You're amazing," he breathed.

Haley wrapped her legs around his waist as she brought her lips back to his. Placing one hand on her butt and one hand up her shirt resting it on her bare side, he walked towards a tree to press her against so he could press up against her. She ran her hands through his curls, giving a moan as he slipped his tongue into her mouth. They continued to make out for a while, until Haley gasped out in pain.

"Sorry!" Isaac exclaimed, dropping her on her feet as he checked her over for injuries. "What I'd do?"

"No," she breathed, as the pain eased. "It wasn't you."

"Then what is it?" He quirked an eyebrow, confused on what was wrong with her.

"It's Erica," she looked for her bag before grabbing and looking at him frantically. "We need to go. Now."

Grabbing his hand, she pulled him towards the way of where the subway station was. They moved quick, but Haley didn't go her full speed because of Isaac. Though she wished she could. Her best friend needed her right now and she couldn't get to her fast enough. They busted through the door and she feverishly made her way towards a worried looking Derek.

"Where is she?" Haley panted, listening for her friend's heartbeat but didn't hear in within the station.

"Who?" Derek questioned.

Before she could get the name off her lips, the door busted open with Scott stumbling through carrying her blonde friend, with Stiles following closely behind him. Derek ushered the frantic boys into the subway car as they placed her onto the floor of it. Haley noticed Erica's shaking form making her confused. She couldn't be having a seizure. Haley didn't know what to do. She stood in shock.

"Hold her up," Derek ordered and Stiles was quick to grab her, letting her rest on his lap.

"Is she dying?" Stiles wondered, glancing at the girl in his lap.

"She might, I," Derek watched on, trying to process what he could do, hearing Haley's whimper in the doorway. "Which is why this is gonna hurt."

Haley buried her face into Isaac's chest as she heard the wail of her best friend. Stiles sat in shock as Erica screamed, but he was quick to state the obvious, "You broke her arm!"

"It'll trigger the healing process," Derek stated working and thinking fast. "I still gotta get the venom out. This is where it's really gonna hurt."

Once again Erica's scream reverberate throughout the building. Haley clung to Isaac, tears socking the boy's shirt. But he could care less. He wanted to provide his girlfriend any form of comfort as she listened to her best friend scream. Erica's scream subsided as she gasped for her breath.

"Stiles," She breathed, looking at the spastic boy. "You make a good Batman."

Sighing, Haley finally took a seat next to the blonde, placing a hand into hers. Derek, Isaac, and Scott left the two to go talk in the other room. Stiles watched the brunette's eyes change to her forest green as she took a deep breath. He gazed at her in awe and noticed Erica's more relaxed state than that a moment ago. He wondered what in the world she did in order to make her that way. She blinked away her glowing eyes as she looked up to find Stokes watching her.

"What are you?" This was the second time the question left his lips, but he wanted to know and he hoped she would answer him this time.

"I don't know," she sighed, her eyes not leaving the blonde's face. "We don't know."