Status: very slow

Hands

Secret

It took a bit to get over the initial awkwardness of the situation- two people who barely knew each other, sitting down for breakfast in a busy city. The restaurant was loud with laughter and the clinking of cutlery on plates. We spoke idly, commenting on the weather, asking if he was enjoying the city, not getting into too deep of a conversation that would spoil the mood.

Everytime our eyes would meet- in silence or conversation- I felt a strange warmth engulf my body. As if his presence was so calming that I began to forget about the stress of my life outside that moment. Yoongi made me feel safe.

As we finished breakfast, I pulled out my wallet, ready to cover my half of the bill. His large hand placed over mine stopping me from pulling out my money.

“I’ll pay,” He simply said.

I wasn’t having it.

“Let me pay for my own food, please,”

“That wouldn’t be right,” He argued.

“Yoongi,” He blinked innocently at me, “Jack never lets me pay. It makes me feel good to be able to pay for my own stuff. Please?”

His hand still stayed gently on top of mine for a moment longer as he seemed to be arguing with himself. Slowly, his hand fell back on the table in front of him. He nodded.

“Thank you,” I smiled at him, feeling prideful.

We soon left the restaurant, standing outside, unsure of the next move. I opened my mouth to speak when Yoongi grabbed my hand, intertwined our fingers.

“When can I see you again?” He asked, eyes shaded from the winter sun by his ball cap.

“I’m not sure, Jack basically has me on a leash. My only free days are usually Saturdays, but even tonight we have to go to some lame fancy dinner for his business,” I replied, checking the time on my phone, realizing I had spent much longer with Yoongi than originally thought.

I met his eyes, almost as if he sensed it, stepping in closer.

“I have to go,” I whispered as his body brushed against mine, slightly off center. I turned slightly, not wanting to be caught in such an intimate position with another man in public. I waved my hand towards the road, hailing a cab.

“Leia,” Yoongi gently spoke, his free hand coming to brush the hair behind my ear, captivating my attention. I should have moved away. I should have told him to stop, but I didn’t. My mind screamed at me that I shouldn’t but my body couldn’t help itself, letting Yoongi wrap a hand around my waist, gently tugging me towards him. I heard the cab pull up but it felt as if time had slowed.

His lips gently brushed my cheek, soft and velvety, just as good they looked. His other hand placed gently against my jaw, coaxing my head towards him. I should have fought it, but I couldn’t, I didn't want to.

The moment our eyes locked, they closed and I waited, leaning in. I expected the feel of his lips on mine, to feel the neediness in his kiss. However, the cab driver laid on his horn before it could happen, causing my eyes to snap open.

“Let’s go! I’ve got other people that need rides too, ya know!” He yelled from the driver's seat, the window on the passenger side rolled down.

I smiled tight lipped at Yoongi, who simply pressed his lips to the crown of my head instead. His hands released me, leaving me to feel the winter wind whip against my body. It felt colder than usual without him near me. I silently turned towards the cab, hoping my eyes conveyed my apologies as I turn back to him before climbing in.

As the driver took off, I was once again left staring at Yoongi through a window, watching as his hands hung lazily at his sides, heaving a sigh as his breath fogged in the air. His dark eyes watched me go, never leaving until we could no longer hold contact.

I texted April after a couple minutes, telling her to meet me at Jacks instead, as I needed to start getting ready for the evening. The whole cab ride was consumed by thoughts of Yoongi and his feline like eyes, lashes brushing gently against his pale cheeks everytime he blinked. The slight pink to his lips and his gummy smile every time he laughed at some dumb thing I had said. My stomach twisted at the thought of Jack finding out, what he would to me- what he would do to Yoongi.

I pushed the thoughts from my mind as I entered the building, kicking snow off my boots onto the already soaked mats. April was sitting in the lobby, rising to stand when she saw me.

“Took long enough,” She nudged my arm with hers as we walked towards the elevator.

“Sorry, I had a thing,”

“A thing? As in breakfast with Yoongi?”

Her question caught me off guard, my finger halting in its path to push the elevator button.

“What?”

“Yeah, Taehyung said that-”

I hushed her quickly, glancing around the lobby at the employees who seemed busy with their tasks, but I knew they were listening. They were always listening. I had overheard my fair share of their gossip on other residents of the building, I really didn’t need this fact to spread lest Jack find out.

“Just wait,” I whispered, stepping into the metal box when the doors opened.

“Is Jack home?” April asked, unzipping her jacket as she stood in the corner opposite me.

“No, not for another hour or two. We have some stupid dinner thing tonight and I’m really not looking forward to going. It’s all those creepy businessmen who bring escorts because they can’t get a real date,” I scoffed, “They have to pay for someone to spend time with them,”

April shook her head, a knowing smirk on her lips.

“Anyway, so with Taehyung,”

“Yeah, why was that awkward?” I asked, glancing up as the digital numbers changed, growing higher.

“Well, we got walked in on,” It was her turn to scoff.

“What? By who? I swear the rest of them were-”

“Yeah, so did I. And they were. But apparently their manager wasn’t,”

I watched as April’s cheeks tinged pink and I tried to stifle a laugh.

“Fuck off,” She countered, breaking out into laughter as well.

“But did you guys… finish?” I asked, not wanting too much information. April tended to overshare, especially when it came to her sex life.

“Yeah, after very awkwardly sitting wrapped in his sheet, while he was being lectured in a different language,” She rolled her eyes.

I laughed at her misfortune before speaking, “Well, was it good at least?”

April simply shrugged.

“It was okay,”

I knew she was lying by the telltale smirk on her face. Suddenly, the doors opened before I could question her further, exposing the front foyer to Jack’s apartment.

“Ya know, I’m kind of jealous. This place is-” She whistled, looking around the hall.

“Don’t be,” I murmured, unlocking the door and stepping inside, kicking off my boots and hanging my jacket in the closet, April following suit.

“Alright, now that it’s safe, how was breakfast with Yoongi? Did he kiss you? Hold your hand? Confess his undying love for you?” April joked, throwing her arms around my shoulders from behind as we awkwardly waddled down the hall towards the kitchen.

“Oh stop, we only met last night. But he did-”

My words stopped short as did my feet, April stumbling from behind me. My blood ran cold, seeing the figure perched on a black leather bar stool by the white kitchen counter. His suit jacket hung over the back of the chair, folded neatly. A glass of dark liquid with ice was gripped in his hand, knuckles white and his gaze piercing.

“What did he do?” Jack asked, merely above of a whisper. There was no emotion in his voice, sending a chill down my spine. April stood quietly to my side, her head tilted towards the ground, her hands grasping one another in front of her.

“Nothing,” I whispered back, swallowing hard.

“Sure sounded like he did something,” Jack smirked, a sinister look as he raised the glass to his lips and taking a sip, eyes never leaving mine. I was too scared to look away. I felt Aprils eyes roam over my face, glancing between Jack and I.

“I- uh, I better go. I’ll see you later, Leia,” She said quietly, rushing back towards the entrance we had come from.

Jack waited until he heard the door close again before speaking.

“Phone,” He demanded, holding one hand out.

My eyebrows met in the middle, confused for a moment before releasing what he was asking.

“What? No! That’s not yours,” I countered, hand coming to rest over the device in my back pocket.

“I pay the bill,” His gaze darkened.

“I bought the phone,”

Jack stood, chair rocking back, almost tipping over. He was becoming more enraged with me as time went on, as I began to take less of his manipulation, as I began to stand up for myself.

His jaw clenched, the muscles working as he took a few steps towards me towering over my frame. An image of Yoongi standing in front of Jack conjured into my mind, seeing the man only an inch taller than I, up against this mammoth of a man. It made me feel sick, afraid for him. Jack must have noticed my eyes widen a fraction, pupils dilating with concern for just a split second, but must believe it was for a different reason. He walked past, grabbing my forearm as he went. I flinched, stumbling behind him.

“We’re getting ready,” He announced, dragging me towards his bedroom.

I stood still as stone as he zipped up the gown for me from behind, his rough knuckles brushing my spine.

“Princess,” He coaxed, his tone worlds different than in the kitchen, “You know I’d never hurt you right?”

His fingers brushed my hair off my shoulder, exposing my neck. I watched on in the mirror, feeling as though whoever was looking back wasn’t myself. Goosebumps raised on my skin as Jack pressed his thin lips to my shoulder, kissing up to my neck. By this point, I had learned to numb myself to his affections, knowing that they were the exact opposite of that. It was not from a place of love but rather a place of dominance, feelings certainly did not exist between the two of us, anymore. However, I simply now existed in Jack's life to fulfill a purpose and he’d kill if someone took something that belonged to him.

“You just-” He kissed closer up my neck, “Need to learn,” his hand made its way up my other shoulder, wrapping round, “to listen,” his hand gently grasped my neck, “to what I tell you to do,”

I dared not move, letting my eyes flutter shut, as I took ragged breaths.

My mind flashed images displayed on the backs of my eyelids, of times when that was something I enjoyed, something I had taken sick pleasure in when I first slept with Jack - his hands around my throat. When I was in an illusion of what love was and what it meant to be treated with love. Now, I didn’t want his hands to touch me at all but I knew I couldn’t just leave, it wasn't that easy or simple.

No, I knew I had to plan harder to make my escape and I knew I had to make it soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

sorry its a shorter chapter, i promise the next one will be longer ♥