Status: Beneath every lie, is a story that needs telling.

Beneath Your Lies

Chapter 1

She was a jewel bathed in silk. The only sparkling star amongst the sea of terror ink. She was the oblivion that no one would see before it was too late. She was the Scarlet Assassin and she wasn’t afraid.
The young women sauntered towards the booth, wearing a smug smile that made the others around her stare with envy. She wasn’t like the others, all clad in black leather or in fake plastered titanium to make their physical appearance look stealthier than they really were. No, she looked like she was the morning star, stuck behind the glorious night’s shadow. The young assassin dressed like she was ready for another hologram to expose her darkest secret.
The men with no money, stared at her, hungry with something she could only guess was lust. It was men like them that made it easier for her to lure them like the plants with claws disguising itself to a fly. She didn’t like the men that had an appetite for fake dominance and lust for women. Men like the ones out on the street and the one sitting inside the booth made sure to show their kingdom with pride. She had been her a couple times to plan the inevitable and happened to see the horrors they did to children and women she would rarely see. It wasn’t just the harassment, they would host such events like today that would guarantee at least seven laws to be broken. Laws that even she didn’t break. They were starving for the impossible, she was intoxicated for trouble. It was a perfect combination. Game. Set. Match.
In these parts of the slums, she could only see the central tower if she climbed the abandoned arena that loomed over her destination. It was merely ten feet away, the slacks of rock and metal strung tight together like cards in a deck.
“Hello beautiful? What can I do for you?”
The women covered her confusion with a hand over her mouth to look like she was actually blushing. That was when she noticed that the place had an audio code in order to enter.
She made sure to show the man her cleavage as she leaned over to whisper something  into his ear. The syringe she held wasn’t too far from his sternocleidomastoid muscle and it made her lengthy fingers itch.
She leaned closer to man staring at her with a question in his eyes, his rigid body slumped in a wooden stool, awaiting for the trial to begin. He was expecting the password, the key to his lock that was suppose to help gain access.
“‘A quantum reality is a false dream’,” she whispered, her melodic voice lingering to every note.
“Well, I’ll be damned. A pretty thing like you shouldn’t be out here doing events… like this,” he started, slowly inching his hand on top of hers. “Let’s make a deal, yeah?”
The tooth-gap smile he gave her made her only want to sink the syringe into his soul more badly. She was hoping to have saved it for an emergency but improvising could do the trick. Oh well.
She swallowed her cringe and leaned away to look directly into his blank eyes.
They say that eyes were the windows to your soul but this man had managed to go through an expensive operation to have both of his eyes removed for platinum globes that specifically performed as little quantum machines themselves.
They probably only now just detected the looming danger across his neck. It was already too late.
“I’ll make a deal with you, handsome,” she said, smiling that smile.
The man’s head jerked, finally getting the notification that a metal object was behind him.
“What the he--”
She plunged the syringe, making sure all the silver liquid was entered into his system.  
“I’ll see you in hell,” she finished, discarding the empty needle.
The substance was suppose to make you weak and disposable to anybody. It was the drug that would make you anyone’s slave and it was very expensive. Good thing for her, she stole it for a moment like this.
She held the man’s sweaty head between the two of her hands and covered her head on top of his so the curious over-goers wouldn’t notice what she was actually doing.
She enhanced her eye film until an hologram screen shot into the air between them. She stole all the platinum globes storage until it filled her own. Unlike the man she just emptied of and killed, she didn’t actually remove both of her eyes just for technology. In fact, she found the miracle of contact lenses and the science of putting atoms and reactions together. In fact she had no idea what the procedure was so she hired a classified, trusted friend to get the storage and affects from an eye globe into a contact lenses. From there it was just money exchanges and warnings.
The storage from the dead man’s globes weren’t really helpful but at least when the authorities find him, they can’t check his history through the cams without retrieving the storage which she stole.
She positioned the man so it looked like he fell asleep and moved on. She passed the booth and used the audio storage as her password until the heavy metal doors finally opened. As soon as she entered the building, a wave of sweat and heat coursed through her body.
The place was packed, with prodigies, gangs, drug dealers and a lot more she couldn’t even identify, leaving her to be the crystal in a place of rocks.
There was heavy clashes of some music that didn’t even sound like any song she heard. The lights were semi-dimmed, leaving the suspense very high and the coverage for many shady deals to be done with. It was the perfect scene for the perfect crime.
She wore a dark blood dress, silky enough to move in and sexy enough to woo in. It was always her favourite thing to wear, the design so simple yet elegant all the same. The dress was designed to be a sheath, column dress but she cut a long line to show her lengthy toned legs. She made sure her whole back was revealed and her chest exposed. She paired it with knee-length black stilettos. She wore a silver wig that was pulled into a french braid that shined with the light reflecting off the extensions. She even put on the darkest shade of red lipstick so she would look even more like a killer chick.
The whole ensemble was a disguise, the wig to the boots, things she would never wear or put on after she left the slums here. Even she was slightly disgusted with the act she would have to do but she would have to do what she needed to do to protect her family. Even if it meant going to the wrong places with the wrong people with the worst attitude.
It was finally time, her second home to a different surge of adrenaline that didn’t belong into this world. After all, it was finally time.
People were going to die tonight.
She was going to fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if there is grammar issues in this. Please comment what you think so far and anything that can improve this :)