Out of This World

Chapter 8

As the girls drove to rent the movie they were listening to the radio. Burnin’ Up was blasting through the speakers and both Nina and Jaydine started to squeal. Lexi listened to the song and when it was over she asked who that was.

“The Jonas Brothers, duh!” Jaydine yelled at her.

“Jonas?” Lexi asked out.

“Yeah, Jonas.”

“That’s funny, Denise's last name is Jonas,” Lexi remarked.

“Wait, do you mean you're staying with THE Denise Jonas?!" Nina asked from the driver’s seat.

“Yeah, she’s really nice and so is Paul.”

“OMJ! OMJ! OMJ! You're living with the Jonas Brothers!” Both Nina and Jaydine yelled.

“Is that a good thing?” Lexi asked them from the backseat.

“That’s like every girl's dream!” Jaydine said as they came into the parking lot of the movie rental place.

“We're here,” Nina shouted as she turned the car off.

They walked into the video store and start looking at the DVD’s.

Joe spotted his mom in Bath and Bodyworks. All three of the boys made there way inside.

“Mom, where’s Lexi? Nick asked as he looked at the lotion his mom had in her hand.

“Oh, Lexi is at a friend’s house.”

“What?” Joe asked a little surprised at what his mom said.

“Yes, we met her at the store and she was having a party and invited Lexi, she seemed like a nice girl, so I let her go.” Denise made her way to the cash register and paid for the lotion Nick had. “I really want coffee right now.”

“Okay, let’s go back to Starbucks!” Kevin shouted a little too excited.

“I know you love Starbucks, but why are you so excited to go back there?” Denise asked him as they all made there way to Starbucks again.

“He just wants to go see that girl that works there.” Joe teased Kevin and Nick laughed a little.

“Really?” Denise gave Kevin a knowing smile.

“Yeah, so what if I do?” Kevin asked them as they walked into Starbucks.

“We have to rent this movie, we just gotta!” Jaydine yelled from the other side of the video store as she held A Walk to Remember in the air. “It’s my all time favorite movie, even if it makes me cry every time.”

“Okay, but we gotta get this one too,” Nina said as she held up Talladega Nights, “Will Ferrell is hilarious,”

Soon the girls had about four movies they were gonna rent and then Jaydine spotted the snacks.

“We need popcorn lots and lots of it! Oh, and Sourpatch kids, and these cotton candy thingies, Oh, and this... well, let’s just get it to, SNOWCAPS!”

“WOW, calm down woman!” Nina pulled her away from the snacks. “I think we have enough stuff for four movies.”

They paid for the movies and the snacks and they went on their way to Nina’s house.

Kevin looked around Starbucks for the girl but he didn’t see her. “Maybe she’s in the back,” he thought to himself as his mom ordered a coffee.

“Do you even know her name, Kevin?” Nick asked him.

“No, but I was hoping to ask her right now, but I don’t see her.”

“So, who’s the girl Kevin?" His mom asked him as she walked over to the table.

“She’s not here anymore,” he said with a disappointed look on his face.

The girls drove up into the driveway.

“So are your parents gonna be alright with us making a lot of noise?” Lexi asked.

“It's okay, this is my house.” Jaydine answered as she opened the front door.

“You live here by yourself?” She asked as she walked in. “How do you afford this?”

Jaydine started to explain, “Well, this was my grandfather's house on my father's side and he had multimillion company which is now my dad's, but this was his first house before he had the company. I would come visit him and this was my favorite house of his. When he passed away, in his wil,l he said I could have any house I wanted because I was his only grandchild. I picked this one even though I could have had a house by the beach or even the house in Europe."

“Wow.”

“Yeah, but I live with Nina so she doesn’t live alone.” Jaydine said as she popped a DVD in.

“That’s good.”

They were on their third movie and it was already one in the morning.

“I say its time to sleep,” Lexi yawned.

“Me too.” Nina laid on the floor with a pillow.

“Well, I’m not sleepy yet. Let's watch another movie, guys. Guys? Nina and Lexi were already asleep. “Guys!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the late updates I had writers block.
Thanks so much Roberta for being my editor it means so much to me.
comment and subscribe please!