‹ Prequel: My Angel in Disguise
Status: Finished- Thank you all for everything!

Angels

New Day

*****
(Teegan's POV)

Early this morning after my encounter with Chester a few hours ago, I woke up feeling slightly better. I headed downstairs, seeing Zacky was still fast asleep on the couch. I decided to let him be while I made us breakfast. I hadn't ate a decent meal since Val had forced me to at the funeral yesterday so I figured I deserved it. Zacky did too, he honestly hasn't been anything else but a great help to me the entire time. He helped me clean up the house, get everything in order and arrange so many meetings that I was situated perfectly fine by the time the funeral arrived. I knew he was just trying to make up for all the bad things he had said and done in the past, so I felt it was only fair that I gave him a chance. But nothing else was ever going to happen. I was determined to remain single for the rest of my life. As I started to prepare some eggs, I flipped on the t.v, turning the volume down slightly. Chester always loved when I would put on cartoons in the morning while we ate breakfast. He said it helped him feel like a kid again, something he didn't experience too often. I settled on watching music videos, trying to prep myself up for the day.

Soon after I had finished with everything, I looked up at the screen, noticing they were playing an interview with Chester and Mike. This was the main reason I had avoided watching t.v for the past two weeks. I stood there watching in silence, the tears starting to build. They were talking about working on the new album 'One More Light' and asking what other plans they had for the future. "Well my wife and I are trying more to start our family so I'm excited about that." "Oh so THAT'S why you come to the studio so tired!" I let out a weak laugh, the tears finally falling from my eyes. "You can see it in his eyes how much you mean to him. Any mention of you and his face lights up instantly. If that isn't love, I'm not sure what is then." I turned suddenly, seeing Zacky standing behind me. I wiped away the few stray tears before smiling. "Sorry Zee." He shook his head, putting a hand to my shoulder. "Why are you sorry? The fact that you're finally able to watch stuff including him without breaking down and turning it off means you're starting on healing. He would be so proud of you." I gave his hand a light squeeze, sniffling. "I know he would be. I promised him I'd do my best and I meant it." I didn't want to mention what had happened last night, but I knew he could already tell that something was up.

I motioned for him to sit at the table as I handed him a plate of food before getting my own. I sat in Chester's place, feeling a sense of comfort. "This looks great Tee. I'm glad you're doing better today." I smiled, taking a sip at my juice. "Thank you. I had some help though." He eyed me curiously as he took a bite of his toast. "Tell me." I took in a deep breath, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "Well um, last night. It was about three, my phone turned on by itself. The music player came on and it kept repeating the same line from a song over and over. I tried to turn it off but nothing worked. So after a full two minutes it finally just went dead completely." A soft smile came to his face as he reached over and patted the top of my hand. "That definitely was him, there's no doubt about it. He wanted you to know that he's okay." I tried to blink away the tears that threatened to fall but a couple slipped out past, rolling down my cheeks. "I know, which is why I woke up feeling different today. I think I'm ready to finally leave the house. I need to go to the record company and pick up some of Chester's gold records and stuff." Zacky grinned widely at me. "Let me know when you're ready to go."

(Zacky's POV)

I kept watching the t.v as I waited for Teegan to get ready for the day. I was extremely relieved that she was feeling much better today, looking up at the screen I gave a thankful nod to Chester. "You don't know how much she needed that man. She's so lost without you, but I think now she will do you proud. I know me and you had our differences and I am so truly sorry for everything, you know but I promise I won't ever let anything happen to her." I now found myself talking out loud, only hoping that he could hear me. Someone once told me that even after our loved ones had passed on into another life they still always had the ability to listen and to guide us. That's what I was hoping would continue on for Teegan. I knew any sort of sign that she could get that she knew was from Chester would help her keep on going in a positive path.

I didn't want to try and rush into anything, but I only hoped that she could one day give me a chance. "Did you need to go shower first and get changed into some other clothes or anything?" She said as she entered the kitchen again, her camera bag in hand. "No no I'm good, we can go do whatever you need first." She smiled as she turned, heading into the living room. She was staring up at the picture of him that I had hung up last night. "Can I have a quick minute alone Zee?" I nodded, walking out of the front door to my car without any hesitation. I wanted her to do whatever she felt was necessary to help her get through her day. But in less than five minutes later she appeared, getting in beside me. "Ready?" I asked as I started the ignition. She inhaled a deep breath before nodding. "Ready."

When we had pulled into the parking lot of the record building, she hesitated greatly before getting out. "Do you want me to come with you?" I asked with a gentle smile. She nodded, a single tear slipping down her cheek. We headed into the large office building, she held onto my arm for support as we climbed the few flights of stairs. Her hands were trembling greatly by the time we had reached the top floor, stopping at a door to the far left. We entered slowly, being greeted by a young girl at the front desk. "Oh Mrs. Bennington, these were left here by Jim for you. He said to come any time you would like to to come check out the tribute cover you had suggested for a magazine. I'm still so sorry for your loss." She handed over two large boxes filled with framed records, autographed pictures and tons more to name. Teegan just smiled weakly at her as she took them in her hands. "Thank you, Sandy. He always appreciated your help and I know you're a big fan. So here, I'm sure he'd want you to have this." She handed the girl a signed picture of the band. She smiled wide before leaning over to hug Teegan. "Oh my God, thank you so much." Teegan said a soft goodbye to her as we walked out, each carrying a box.

This time we opted for taking the elevator, the doors opening up slowly. "That was really nice of you Tee. You made that girls day." She let out a light chuckle, staring over at me. "Chester went out of his way to be nice to everyone, regardless whether he was having a bad day or not. I just wanted to honor his legacy." I reached over and put a hand on her shoulder, giving it a squeeze. "You're doing great." She smiled, not saying much else until we were outside loading the stuff into the backseat. "So did you want to hangout or actually do something fun today? I mean I know it's been a hell of a two weeks for you too, you've been with me helping everyday." I looked at her with a slight smirk, patting her knee as we started to drive. "I don't mind helping you Tee. But since you're finally asking, yes, I'd like to do something. How about we go back to the beach? I love L.A and all, but I'm ready for a little time at home." She just laughed, agreeing to anything I had said.

(Teegan's POV)

As Zacky and I drove back to Huntington, I was actually feeling anxious to get there. I wanted to see everyone on a different occasion besides just at the funeral yesterday. I wanted them to know that I was going to be okay, but I just didn't know when exactly that would be. The other day before the funeral I had actually contemplated committing suicide myself, feeling like I would finally be able to be with Chester again if I could just end it all. But of course, Zacky had been there and stopped me. I was attempting to cut my main veins with a razor after I had finished engraving Chester's name into my arm when he had come into the bathroom upstairs after I had been in there for over an hour. He held me while I cried, bandaging up the bleeding wounds. I made sure that I wore a long sleeve to hide the cuts as to not bring any alarm to my friends and family. Zacky promised he wouldn't say anything or make me go into therapy as long as I promised him that I would stop. Of course I agreed to whatever he said, because I knew there was no other way to ultimately get out of it. I lifted up the sleeve gently, revealing the large scar of Chester's name. "I think you should get it tattooed." Zacky spoke up, pointing over at it. I sighed, shrugging. "I want to or I want his portrait." I saw a mischevious smirk spread across his face as he exited the freeway, the familiar sights coming into view.

We pulled into a parking space in downtown Main Street, seeing all the shops and the beautiful gleam of the ocean. I sighed some as I peered deeply out of the window, remembering the last time that I had been here.

"Remember the first time we hung out here?" I asked Chester as we browsed through the record store, stopping to search through a stack of vinyls. He smiled placing a kiss on the side of my face. "Of course I do baby. Lets see, its been about six years now? Best six years of my life." I scoffed slightly as I playfully nudged him in the side. "Oh please, I can't compare to being in a successful band and traveling the world." He suddenly took my face in his hands, cupping my cheeks. "You're right, but that can't compare to being with you. You're the best wife anyone could ever want and more. I'm blessed with the best of both worlds, really. Because every tour, every show, I get to have you right beside me and that, truly is the best feeling in life." The tears had long fallen down my face, he quickly wiped them away with his thumb before kissing my lips. "I love you so much, damn you. Now my makeup is ruined!" We both erupted into a fit of laughter, the smiles never leaving our faces.

"Hey, Tee. You okay?" I shook my head, snapping out of my thoughts. I wiped away the few stray tears and nodded. "Sorry Zack. These flashbacks happen a lot." He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, looking at me with a slight frown. "Don't be sorry, it happens to me too, all the time. I think about Jimmy constantly when I'm here." I grabbed his hand, holding it tight. "I do too, but at least they're always with us, right?" He smiled now, squeezing my hand. "Right, now lets go have some fun."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you everyone for the great feedback these last two updates! I will have another up hopefully before tomorrow, happier times are coming, maybe lol but thank you everyone for all the support! I love you all! Xo