Status: The Strange case of Mr. Hyde from Once Upon a Time

The Strange Case of Mr Hyde and His Assistant

Chapter 5 - The savior

(Emma’s pov)
Emma closed the door behind her.
“So you’ve taken me up on my offer. Smart girl”Hyde said with his back to Emma, facing the windows as he was chained by his bed.
“Keep calling me girl and we’ll see how that works out for you”Emma said bitterly.
“Why don’t you take these off of me and see how that works out for you?”Hyde asked not turning around but showing me his chained wrists. I completely ignored him
“What did you say to Jessica?”Emma asked coldly.
Mr. Hyde turned to her with a raised brow
“What did she say to you?”He asked confused.
“Nothing other than she quit... She wouldn’t speak..she kept trying to reassure me she was fine, but you don’t come out of a room with red cheeks and puffy red eyes when you’re ‘just fine’ she just wanted to go home..she was lying to me...I could tell she wanted to break down..I’ve seen that look before...you broke her heart..What did you say to her?Sorry I can’t have a relationship through a padded room?Sorry you're just too sweet to turn evil?”Emma asked again, with less patience this time. Hyde stared at Emma for a long time before closing his eyes, turning and looking back out the window.
“I had no choice but to break her heart she was headed down a dangerous path...it would only be her downfall in the end...and I...would never forgive myself should something happen to her because of me”Hye said coldly turning back
“You what?”Emma asked in shock
“My assistant was falling in love with me Miss Swan...I had to put a stop to it..before she hurts any further… I’m not someone who should be loved.Nor do I have the time for it”Hyde said coldly not once looking back at her...Emma could tell he was lying...He knew this was hurting him too..regardless if Emma and him were enemies...She could hear the pain in his voice..of having to let her go
“You let her go because you loved her…”I called him out. He sighed growing irritated.
“Did you come here to talk about my business or what you’d like to know?”He asked losing patience. Emma bit her lip not wanting to further the matter….that was one thing she’d let stay his and her business only..although enemy or not it didn’t make her feel good seeing Jessica crying over him…regardless of if she just met Jessica, she’s seen this before… Belle and Rumplestiltskin… he didn’t think he was worthy of her love either..but she showed him otherwise.. If only he had for her...maybe Hyde could be the difference...Emma has seen Belle cry those same tears...she quickly changed the subject.
“You said you knew what was wrong with me. Prove it”Emma said walking up to Hyde and facing him.
“Emma”He whispered as he turned and smiled, leaning on the padded wall.
“You were a prisoner once, you know how this works”Hyde said smiling
“What makes you think I was in prison?”Emma asked. Hyde looked Emma in the eyes
“I was a warden. I know that caged look”He said never taking his eyes off of Emma.
“That’s a look that doesn’t quite fade, so you must know that prisoners respond to carrots and sticks and you brought neither. Did you think my assistant would get me to say anything?Next time, bring Jessica with a bottle of Syrah, two glasses”He whispered with an amused smile.
“You have no idea how to help me”Emma concluded and began to walk away. Hyde sighed
“I know about the battle….the one in your minds eye”Hyde said sitting on his bed. Emma turned around
“What?”She asked in shock
“I’m sorry I thought you were just leaving?”Hyde asked looking up at her with amusement. Emma gave him a cold stare and walked back over to him, sitting down on the bed next to him.
“You’re right…”She sat and looked up at him
“I was in prison...the worst part about it was the loneliness...it sucked...Especially for a guy who likes to talk to much”Emma said making Hyde chuckle in silence.
“So..you can either tell me what you know...or I’ll walk out of here, and I will not come back with wine, I just won’t come back...nobody will...and I’ll make sure your now x assistant gets her heart ripped out of her chest in front of you”Emma said coldly. Hyde looked at her with a raised brow in shock. He gritted his teeth, trying to hide the fact that that statement alone made Hyde want to choke Emma where she sat...but he restrained the beast inside of him..for now…
Emma stood up and turned her back to him
“You can just..sit here in silence...thinking about how you could of saved her...if you had just told me but instead you can just...”Emma turned back to look at him with a cold stare.
“Rot”She said coldly.
“So you did come with a stick after all...who would of thought the savior would make such scary threats like ripping out the heart of an innocent girl”He said looking at Emma with a smirk
“I was formally the dark one..you never know..you already broke her heart...nothing much left there after what you did...right?”Emma spat back shrugging.
Hyde stared into Emma’s eyes with fire before smirking as he stood up.
“That’s very impressive savior except for one small thing”Hyde jumped at Emma, making her shoot back against the door. Hyde looked down at her hand and saw her hand starting to shake tremendously. She bawled her hand into a fist to stop the shaking and glared at him..but with fear..
“You are afraid of me...aren’t you?”Hyde said running a finger across her chin, Emma moved her head away.
“Don’t worry. I brought someone who can help fix your problem. If you want to find them all you have to do is follow the red bird”Hyde said slowly.
“The red bird?”Emma questioned.
“The question is are you truly ready to face your own story, savior?”Hyde asked as he jumped at Emma making her jump back in fear.
“Now, if you’d like to know anything else, I will request Jessica’s presence, with syrah, two glasses”Hyde said smirking as he went and stared out the window again. Emma went to turn to leave, but she stopped, then looked back at Hyde again.
“You know, it might not be any of my business...but I really don’t think that even if I did tell her that, she’s going to come here with wine and drink with you anytime soon..someone someday will actually return those feelings and be the man she always needed in her life and you’re going to hate yourself for it not being you…”Emma said before leaving him with his thoughts in the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
reviews please and thanks<3