Status: The story has been flowing great so far, and I'm super pumped to write the climatic battle on Inkari!

Rose Squadron: the Inkari Gambit

On the Core World of Inkari, a planet dominated by the Empire’s rule, Officer Annie Leonhardt aches to find peace after the loss of her best friend and the Senator’s daughter, Mina Carolina, who perished in a bizarre factory accident. Her offworld encounter with the rebels of Rogue Squadron helps her discover the horrific truth about Mina’s death, and leads to her own rebellion.

The idea for this story was heavily inspired by the song "Energy" by the Canadian Electronic band "Austra":

"I know now, but it isn't easy
and I transform into energy
with your mouth, oooh...oooh...
...oooh..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vACAAu41Eqs
  1. Resurgence
    After having a recurring dream of disembodied emerald eyes over the lush planet of Takodana, Annie Leonhardt leaves Inkari for the remote Mid World after a cryptic but encouraging talk with the Inkarin Chief of Security.
  2. Meetings of Fate
    Trigger Warning: Torture/Trauma. After finally meeting the mysterious person haunting her dreams, Annie is captured by the Rebels of Rose Squadron, and by means of Connie Springer's hapless, innocent desire to understand the full story, Annie learns
  3. Aftermath
    Annie slowly recovers from the horror of realizing the true nature of Mina's death, and with the help of Rose Squadron, her newfound allies, she finds the will to move forward.
  4. Bonds
    Annie's pain is felt by her comrades on Inkari, leading to a desperate mission to "rescue her". Annie opens up to Rose Squadron about her father's death, the origin of her contempt for the Empire.
  5. Reunion
    Annie reunites with Reiner and Bertholdt, and gets them to watch the footage of Mina's ***, leading to them turning on the Empire in suit. A plan is hatched by the the three Inkarin Imperial Officers and Rose Squadron to infiltrate Inkari and exac
  6. Calm Before the Storm
    Trigger Warning: Discussion of Suicidal Thoughts. On their journey to Inkari, Annie confesses to her friends before they land that her heart is set on reuniting with Mina, no matter what.
  7. Haston's Gambit
    As Annie and her comrades land on Inkari, within the Security Tower, Haston Uttaka and Pieck reveal to their fellows their own plan to defy Moff Sebastian Datenshi.
  8. Sleeper Agent
    Annie and her friends learn the full story behind Haston Uttaka's ploy for justice.
  9. A Mother's Grief
    At last, the people of Inkari learn the truth.
  10. Revolution
    The battle erupts, and Annie faces down Datenshi.
  11. Victory
    The battle ends in Inkari's favor, but leaves the survivors reeling.
  12. The Message
    Rose Squadron learns vital information about Grisha Yeager, leading them to Dantooine next.