Status: 've had a fascination with the royals for a long time and I've always wondered what it would've been like if Diana had a daughter. I hope you enjoy my work and please don't be afraid to comment, vote, or give any criticism. I got this inspiration from a few other fanfictions so if any of them sound

Diana's Daughter: Princess Alice

Heartbreak Surprise

Kensington Palace, 1991
The past months had been the most stressful for the Princess of Wales. The constant fighting with Charles, invading paparazzi, public scrutiny, and her duties as a princess were beginning to take a toll on her. Her marriage was in absolute shambles and she cried, almost everyday because of it. It was like a bleak darkness that overtook her entire life. She knew that he had started to spend more time with Camilla but continued to deny it. Later on that night Charles and Diana were arguing about her suspicions and accusations about Camilla. While Diana had taken William and Harry on a skiing vacation in Switzerland, Charles had reportedly invited his mistress to a hunting weekend at Balmoral in Scotland.
“Why are you constantly thinking that I’m being unfaithful to you?” Charles shouted as he paced the room.
“Charles, I’m tired of putting on this silly charade in front of the entire world. Why can’t we just tell the truth? I don’t care about press anymore. I’m tired of pretending that my husband loves me, when he doesn’t; tired of being in this marriage by myself.” Diana voice cracked, as she broke down in sobs.
The Prince of Wales sighs and says, “You’re just crying wolf; pull yourself together Diana, you need to stop.” That set Diana off on a whole new rampage. She got up and got directly in his face. “You know what Charles, fuck you---you selfish bastard! You never really loved me, once I had your children you cast me aside to go back to Camilla,” she screamed, hitting him repeatedly.
“How could you say that Diana, I loved you then and I love you now!” Charles was tired of the strain of their relationship. It seemed like they were fighting all the time and their marriage was doomed. There had been so many arguments, fights, and tears the past nine years that he had reached his limit.
“Bullshit!” she screamed. “Everything that you’ve ever said to me has all been bullshit. Tell me something Charles; when did it all change? Was it after Harry was born and I didn’t give you the daughter that you wanted? What about me, I wanted a daughter just as well as you did.” Taking a look at Diana bloodshot red eyes, there was a dead silence. Charles couldn’t give her an answer. Turning around he began to walk away from his heartbroken wife, choosing to end the entire conversation.
As he took the first step to leave the room, Diana spoke. “Go on and cry to your mummy like you always do, you’re just an unemotional cold man who only cares about yourself and not this family. The only thing you know how to do is act like nothing is wrong and continue to be shacked up with your mistress.” Charles stop mid-stride. “ You didn’t even try to save this marriage when it in the beginning. You didn’t even try to understand, you just decided to go back to her and break apart our family.” Charles walked over to Diana and kissed her hard. Next thing he knew, he was ripping off Diana’s dress and she was pulling at his shirt. For the first time since Harry was born they slept together.

FOUR MONTHS LATER
Diana didn’t know what had been going with her the past few months. She’s been feeling sick on and off for two months; and the worst thing was that Charles continued to be distant and ignoring her. They were living separate, only seeing each other when it came to royal engagements or spending time with the boys. She shouldn’t have expected Charles to come crawling back to her after that night together. The princess still had wanted to try to make their marriage work but it was obvious that Charles was over her. Whenever she tried to call him to fix things, he would tell his office officials to make up different excuses. After weeks of trying to contact Charles, he finally told her that whatever happened between them shouldn’t have happened. That it would be best for them to just keep living apart, and the only priority that they should be together at any time is for William and Harry’s happiness. Even though the Princess of Wales was shocked at the bluntness of Charles absence; nothing could compare to the shock she received when she visited the doctor about her sickness.
Lately Diana had been feeling sick in the morning and before she went to bed at night. When it first happened she just thought it was the flu or a stomach bug; but when it didn’t go away after a few weeks, she began to worry that it may be something serious. After going to the doctor he promised her that it wasn’t anything too serious, so she felt better. But today when she received a fax from her doctor telling her that she was pregnant, she didn’t know what to do. She knew it couldn’t be anyone else’s but Charles because he was the last man that she’d slept with the past few months. It couldn’t have been James because he was no longer apart of her life. Diana knew that if she told Charles herself he would just say that she’s crying wolf or lying to save their marriage. So picked up the phone and called the doctor’s office, telling them to send the Prince of Wales a letter informing him that she is pregnant. What should’ve been a time of happiness for Diana is filled with misgivings.
Later on that same evening, Charles was sitting in his study going over plans for his new charity, when his secretary knocked quietly at the door. “Come in,” he says as he continued to stack up papers. The secretary cleared his throat, making Charles look up quickly.
“Is there something wrong?” he questioned. His private secretary’s eyes were very serious as he answered, “Your royal highness, I think you should look at this letter.” He handed Charles the paper hat was addressed to “His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales.” Charles picks up the paper and begins to read the letter that reads:
To His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales,
This letter is to inform you that Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales is pregnant. Her Royal Highness came into my office about two weeks complaining of being sick for the past month. After we ran a few tests of her blood that she gave in the office, we found high levels of hGC in her blood, determining her pregnancy. The Princess of Wales was immediately notified and received copy of the same exact letter. The Princess has set up a follow up appointment for next Thursday at 9 a.m. You are free to contact my office at anytime for more questions.
Thank You,
The Royal Physician/Pediatrician
Charles dropped the paper in shock. He couldn’t believe that this was true. His face turned ghastly pale as he struggled to comprehend what was going on. “Thank you, I’ll take care of this myself.”After his secretary left him to make some decisions, he had no other choice but to go see Diana himself, to prove if this was really the truth.
The next morning, Charles was exhausted after tossing and turning all night. His mind couldn’t seem to rest. The prince has excepted years ago that his marriage to Diana could not be fixed. He was perfectly happy with the two sons he already had. The was no desire inside of him to have any more children with his difficult wife. Only a few people in his close circle knew, but Charles had started back being with his mistress. But this news had shook him to the core. He could only imagine what the newspapers would be saying once they found out that Diana was pregnant with her third child. After getting his butler to call him a car, he reread the letter once more, still in disbelief. Once his car arrived,he climbed in and the car took off to take him to his former home, Kensington Palace.
As he arrived at Kensington Palace, it was like a flashback of memories as the sprawling gates opened to his former home. The flowers surrounding the estate bloomed in full spring mode, swaying as Charles walked up to Diana’s apartment, knocking on the door, waiting. Princess Diana’s butler, Paul Burrell answered with a solemn look on his face. Before Charles could even ask about the whereabouts of Diana, Paul said, “ She’s in her study, which is the first door on the right.”
She was awakened by the voices of her butler and estranged husband. Before she could get up, Charles walked in. “Charles what are you doing here?” She asks, shutting the door behind him.
“Is it true? I want to see the results you received to figure out if this is true or not.” Diana hurried over to her desk and slapped the test results into the Charles hand.
“There can’t you see that it’s true. I’m not lying and would never lie about something like this to you. I am pregnant and I will have this child with or without you. Are you satisfied now?” Diana exclaimed as she paced the room.
Charles takes the paper out of his suit pocket and put the two papers together and sees that both of the papers are true. It was finally clear that his wife was really pregnant. He also knew that this child would change everything between them.
Diana took a deep breath to explain to him what the plan would be when this baby was born. “It’s obvious that we’re not getting back together and this is not the ideal place to bring another child into this world. But when it’s born, we will have to raise him or her with all the love that we can. We do not have to be together but we’ll treat it with the same love as William and Harry. The media is going to go ballistic when my pregnancy is announced, but that doesn’t matter.” Her blue eyes looked at him with honesty shining in them.
Charles nodded his head, knowing that it was time to brace himself for this new change. “You are right. This baby will be loved and cherished. I know that our marriage is nearly over but we will have to at least tolerate each other for the better of our children.”

“Their Royal Highnesses The Prince and Princess of Wales are very pleased to announce that the Princess of Wales is expecting their third child, which is due in January.”This is very surprising to everyone because there has been multiple rumors of Charles and Diana’s plummeting marriage. They have not been getting along and some even suggest that Charles is back to being with his mistress, Camilla Parker-Bowles. Hopefully with this new arrival, the royal couple’s marriage will improve. The couple is already the parents to 9 year old, Prince William and 5 year old Prince Harry.