Status: Updated as much as possible.

Labyrinth in the Shape of a Heart

Is There More Pie If I Go?

(October's POV)

After a rough week, I was finally starting to get settled in to the town of Helsinki, Finland quite nicely. With the help of Ville and the others of course. Well, not really Jussi or Jyrki, they just like to invite me out to get good and wasted. And that honestly, usually always ends up with regret and a horrible hangover the next morning. I am going to be completely truthful here though, with whoever ends up reading this some day. I have made out with Jussi, but only once! And after about three shots of Absinthe, that really was the deal sealer. Nothing ever else has happened though, I would never let it. Besides, it wasn't enjoyable, really. I couldn't picture myself kissing anyone or doing anything else of that nature so soon. I was still feeling upset over Chester, I still thought about him constantly and I still wondered if he was looking for me or even thinking about me too. I was in the middle of a conversation with Bam, who decided to call me out of the blue, seeing as it was about 9 in the morning here and 11 at night over there, when a soft knock had interrupted us. "Hang on Bammy, someone is at the door."

I walked over slowly before peeking out of the small window cautiously. To my utter surprise, it was Ville. "I'll call you back, Ville is here for some reason." I huffed, wondering exactly what it was he could possibly want. "Ohhhh! Don't let me stand in the way, I gotta get going too. Jackie is waiting for me to come to bed." Bam had told me all about Jackie during the first previous phone call the night before, saying that she and I would really hit it off when they came to visit next month. I tried to be open minded about it, but the thought of me actually getting along with her seemed very far fetched. Mostly because significant others tended to get insanely jealous of me befriending their lovers, thinking that I was some type of competition or something. But Bam swore she wasn't like that at all, insisting that she had known about me from the moment they had gotten together because he didn't want to end up with someone who dictated his life and who he associated with. So I trusted him and took his word, agreeing that I would do my best to be a good host when they arrived in the next month.

After we had exchanged goodbyes, I quickly opened up the front door, revealing a very cold looking Ville, dressed from head to toe in all black attire, as usual. "Good morning dear girl. Sorry for the unannounced visit, are you busy?" I shook my head before offering him to sit down. "No, not at all. I was just on the phone with Bam. He sends his love and says that he and Jackie will be here to visit by next month. Is everything alright?" I sit in the small armchair across from him, pulling my jacket tighter around my body. "Oh how I can't wait. Yes everything is fine, I was just wondering if you'd like to go and join me for lunch with my friend Burton and his girlfriend Ana. It wouldn't be for long and he insisted that I bring you because he feels you two would get along quite well. Feel free to say no though darling, it's only a mere suggestion." I bit down slowly on my bottom lip. I hadn't been on a double date in what felt like years. Chester and I hardly ever did those types of things with his friends and their partners no matter how many times they would ask us to because he simply never felt like it nor did he enjoy doing group stuff like that. But why was everyone so anxious for me to get along with everyone else's girlfriends? Was it because I was a threat? I just don't get it.

"Uh, yeah. That's fine, I don't have any plans anyways. But I'll be quite honest with you Ville, I haven't been around many girlfriends in my time, so if they don't like me or I say if she doesn't like me, I'm sorry. Also, is there more of that fucking awesome pie if I come along?" Ville laughed heartily before patting my knee gently. "If that's all it takes to get you out of the house then yes, you can have all the Rönttönen you want sweetheart." My face immediately perked up when I heard him mention the name of that delicious pie that he had bought me on our adventure to the marketplace a couple days ago. "Then it's settled. I'll just go into my room and put on something more nicer. I don't think anyone wants to meet me looking like an Eskimo." Ville chuckled before nodding and pulling out his phone, obviously more than likely to call Burton and let him know that I would indeed be coming along to join them on their lunch date. I frantically tore apart my suitcases and drawers before eventually I found a more decent outfit to put on for the occasion. Triple thick layered black leggings, my 'Cradle of Filth' long sleeve, and my enormous winter coat Bam had given me my first day here along with my black snow boots. To put it pretty lightly and bluntly, I looked like a damn goth snow princess. "Are you ready to head out now darling? Everything is arranged and all set."

I took one more glace at myself before then rejoining Ville in the living room. "Yeah I'm ready whenever you are. Are we driving there or taking a cab?" He raised his hand up, jingling a set of keys. "I'll be driving us to our destination today. Shall we go then?" I just smiled before making sure that I had locked up everything and brought my bag along and following Ville outside into the bright, snowy air to his car. Thankfully once we were inside the cold chill in my bones was immediately gone, making the ride more comfortable. We talked minimally the entire time, letting the music that was playing lowly in the background fill in most of the silence. "World was on fire, no one could save me but you. It's strange what desire will make foolish people do." I sang along quietly, instantly liking the sound of the voice that I was hearing. It sounded awfully familiar but I still couldn't quite put my finger on it. The voice was deep yet throaty and beautiful all wrapped up into one amazing bundle. "Do you like this song, sweetheart?" I nodded with a small smile. "It's a great version of the original, I've never heard it before. Who is it?" I asked curiously, suddenly seeing a smirk come to Ville's face. "I've never dreamed that I need somebody like you." The air hitched in my throat as he sang the next line, making me gasp. It was Ville's voice, it was him singing the damn song.

"You-You're a singer?! I mean, I know you're in a band but I never-Oh God." I stammered on my words now, instantly feeling somewhat embarrassed. What is it with me and this attraction to lead singers?! Jesus, October! Get it the hell together! "Not to worry sweet girl, we'll talk about this more later on. Come along now, we're here." I glanced out the window quickly breathing a sigh of relief as I saw the building of a quaint little cafe come into view. Ville raced to open the door for me and I thanked him gratefully. "Ah, Ville! Green Eyes! Viimein, sana perusmuodossa. You're going to like the food here. Ana is inside waiting for us already." Burton, Ville's friend and band mate greets us as we meet him at the entrance of the cafe. I smile and give him a half hug before following alongside the two men into the restaurant. "Hei, tervetuloa." A woman with dark hair and striking green eyes that almost resembled mine and Ville's, greeted us in Finnish before getting up from her seat to plant a kiss on Burton's cheek. "En puhu suomea. Olen pahoillani." I replied to the woman whose name was Ana. She suddenly grinned widely before shaking her head. "That was good for someone who doesn't speak any Finnish. Ville must be teaching you well, huh? My name is Ana, you must be October. I've heard so much about you from the guys. How are you liking Finland so far?"

Again another sigh of relief escaped my lips as she replied in English with a heavy accent none the less. Thankfully the lesson with Ville had paid off and I had managed to make it with only knowing about three full sentences and a few good fifteen conversational words. "It's quite nice so far, I haven't gotten a chance to explore just everything yet but I'm getting there. Burton tells me you're a historian?" She nods with a grin, nudging him in the side playfully. "Yes. That's how we met, actually. I'm originally from Romania but I came to Finland to study some of the older churches in the country. Burton happened to be there and of course, like most men, they are quick to make a move on a woman they find attractive. He asked for my number and I declined. Funny enough, a few friends of mine and I went to a bar later that night before I was going to leave back home the next morning and I ran into Burton again. Only this time, he was playing in a band, HIM. So naturally, I of course felt terrible for being so stuck up that when he asked the second time after their performance, I agreed to a date. Now we've been in love for years ever since and I moved here to be with him."

I just stared in complete awe at the two as they then shared a small kiss after Ana had finished. It was truly a romantic way that they met. It almost reminded me of how I had met Chester. They were playing at a seedy venue in L.A when I had went out with my friends for my 24th birthday. Long story short, I remember being in the front of the stage and this guy with spiky blonde hair and a lip ring had came and started singing right in my face before telling me to meet him after the show. Come to find out, he was the singer of Linkin Park and was about to turn 27 the following day. We ended up staying on contact and the rest was history. Now, here I was, almost three years later at the ripe age of 26. No more Chester, no more L.A, no more California. Just me, myself, and Finland. What a crazy fucking way to begin the year, right?

As the conversation died down between Ana and I, thankfully our food arrives just in time. Then, low and behold, was my favorite dish being placed in front of my very face. Pie. "Dig in sweetheart, there's plenty more where that came from. Only if you agree to go on a real date with me next time." I slowly glanced up at Ville, who was staring at back at me with a mischievous smirk. I drew in a deep and heavy breath before sighing. "You have a deal, Mr. Valo. Only if there's more pie, then I'll have to accept your offer."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone whose been super patient with the updates. Im finally feeling better enough and have the time to write. I hope you all enjoy and continue sticking with this story. Love you all xx