Miles to Go

UPDATE

Hi guys. Uhm... wow. So it's been a while. As you're aware. I'm kind of just... writing this. No forethought, prep, or anything, really. I mean, I kind of disappeared without giving any of you that, so it seems fair that I come back without giving myself that. I kept meaning to come back and suddenly it's been two years and it seems too long, too irrelevant now, but it's still a shitty thing to do and I need to own that.

I decided to take a break because I got a new job that was seriously all consuming and utterly exhausting, but that break went from a week, to a month, to two, and then something that I vaguely remembered but didn't have time for. I haven't written in months now, or hadn't. I've only just started again and that's what pushed me to finally come back here.

I honestly don't know if any of you even check these stories anymore but I wanted to come and... explain? Share? I have no idea.

I want to get back to writing. I miss it. It's a huge part of me and it's time. I feel ready now to kind of take on this huge thing and make space for it in my life again and stop dedicating all my time to things that don't even bring half as much joy.

This time, however, I'm approaching it a little differently. When I started posting here, I was posting to three other sites plus trying to run a blog and keep a job and keep up with my home life and still have some semblance of a life. Needless to say, I was unsuccessful. Therefore, I'm going to be posting to one site exclusively instead of four, because four is a lot unless it's literally your whole job, which writing is unfortunately not for me. I'm not, however, going to be posting on Mibba anymore. I'm fully transitioning to Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/user/Katemerchant). Even more than those, I'll be posting on my blog (katemerchant23.wordpress.com). You might get some random updates about me on there, but you'll also get writing updates and maybe even a chapter here and there or tidbits from other stories and such.

I'm sorry for leaving you guys hanging and I'm trying, much like my characters, to just be better. I hope to see you guys again on a different platform. Please know that I appreciate each of you and your support so, so much<3