When the Party's Over

liar

Once I got home, I focused on getting my paper started instead of putting it off. I was still so angry with Miles, but I didn’t want to think about it until later. I spent the rest of the late afternoon working on my computer and I didn’t stop until I figured it out. For some reason while I was working, my brain didn’t stop thinking about Miles. But I came to realize that he had to be lying to me. He might have even been lying to himself. If he had only been doing this for himself, like I accused him of, then he would’ve done it a different way. He wouldn’t have pleasured me in his kitchen, I would’ve been the one pleasuring him. He made it about me because he cared too damn much and he knew that. I knew instantly that he wanted me.

I packed up my school stuff and turned off the computer. My parents were home and probably expecting me to come down for dinner, but I threw on a sweatshirt and went down to tell them that I was going out. I asked for the car and my mom nodded, telling me her keys were in her purse. I drove to Miles’ house and parked in the driveway behind his car. I rubbed my chin before getting out and I stopped halfway up the path when his dad walked outside.

“Oh, hey, Harley. How are you?”

“I’m good. How are you?”

“Good, good. Miles is up in his room if that’s who you’re looking for. I have to go meet his mom at a friend’s house. Have a good night.”

“You too.” We walked past each other and I opened the front door as he got into his Lincoln and drove away. The house was quiet as I walked in. I closed the door softly behind me so Miles wouldn’t hear anything and I climbed the stairs. I knew his house like the back of my hand.

He was playing music from inside and I opened his door, finding him on his bed, playing a video game on the TV. His eyes looked over to me as I stepped in and closed the door.

He moved the headset mic away from his mouth. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“I came to see you.” I put my mom’s keys on his dresser and pushed my shoes to the side after taking them off.

“Well, I’m a little busy.”

I walked around his room, looking at the different posters on his walls. His room was the only room painted black. He made sure it would be that way while the rest was white. His parents didn’t fight him on it when they wanted to paint everything. I noticed a picture of us on his dresser and it didn’t surprise me that he still had it up, since I knew now. I picked it up as my back faced him. I was sitting in his lap at a party for his grandma last year. We both held smiles on our faces and it was a time when I had a lot of hope for us. I still had some now.

“You lied to me today.” I set the picture frame down and turned around to him.

Miles sighed and looked at his TV. “I’ll be right back guys.” He disconnected his headset and threw that and the controller to the side. His hands went behind his head, waiting for me to start.

“You love me, Miles, and I love you. Christ, I have since you first kissed me. You’ve loved me since you first saw me and those are your words, not mine. I don’t know why you lied when I always figure out everything.” I walked toward him as he lay still, keeping his eyes on his ceiling. A new song started from his small speaker on his desk. I climbed up onto the mattress and crawled over him until I was straddling his waist. He stared up at me with a hard expression. I knew I was going to break it.

“What did you figure out?”

“You want me back and you want to take care of me. I know you do, Miles. You care about me and you wouldn’t have done what you did yesterday if you felt differently. If it had been about you, my lips would’ve been on your skin.”

Miles clenched his jaw and I took that response as him saying I was right. I leaned back off of my hands and sat over him, already feeling him through his sweatpants. He knew I was a sucker for him in sweatpants. I reveled in the feeling and moved my hips against his, causing him to suck in a breath. His hands grabbed my hips to keep me still and I smirked. I reached down and took off my sweatshirt and my t-shirt, throwing them onto the floor.

“So, what do you want to do?” I asked him, pulling my hair down from the bun I had it in.

Miles sat up abruptly, but held me against him. His breath was hot against my chest before he pulled my face to his and kissed me like he needed it. I moaned and he took that chance to slip his tongue into my mouth, teasing me. I never knew how he was so good at doing this. We had been each other’s firsts and it amazed me every time because it was always something new.

His warm hands undid the clasp of my bra before he lifted me up to throw me down where he was once laying down. He was quick to take my leggings off and I shivered at his lips moving up my legs to my underwear. I moaned louder than before as he placed his mouth over me and added even more warmth. My hands found his hair and I gripped onto it as my heartbeat escalated. I looked down at him hovering over me and found it hard to focus. All I wanted was him.

He moved away from me and took his shirt and sweats off. I bit my lip as I watched his briefs come off too and my throat dried instantly. God, I fucking missed this. I pulled my underwear off and threw them onto the carpet where every other article was. Miles reached into the top drawer of his dresser to get a condom then he came back over to me after putting it on. A new song played and it was one I hadn’t heard in a while. I hummed along to it as Miles took my glasses off and set them on his desk.

“I missed this,” Miles mumbled against my skin as he opened my legs so he could settle between them. I brushed the side of his head and pulled him in for a kiss as I felt him push into me. I moaned softly, never getting used to how he felt there. I opened my legs wider as he pulled all the way out. His next thrust was deeper and made me pull away from him, gripping his hair again.

He took my hands and held them down on either side of my head as his lips connected with my collarbone. We were never big on hickies, but both of us needed them in the moment. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pushed my body against his. He left a mark then he sat up on his knees and pulled my hips toward him.

“Hold your hips up.” He prompted, keeping his hands there. I breathed as I placed my feet on either side of him to keep them in line with his waist. One of his hands ran over my stomach after he pushed into me once again and a different sensation ran up my thighs. I moaned at the feeling and closed my eyes so I could focus on it. This was something new, something I hoped we’d try again. I loved it and I wanted more.