‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 3

I woke up early this morning thinking about the conversation Charles and I had yesterday as I watched Chey sleep peacefully...

**Flashback**

I walked into Charles's office to find out anymore on Cheyenne's condition and to give him an answer to his offer.

"Good morning Logan." Charles said as he offered a seat to me. I sat down immediately.

"How's Cheyenne doing?"

"It's about the same. She's still not awake yet." He replied. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Is there something else on your mind Logan?"

"Yeah...I want you to read my mind. I wanna remember my life. I have to know." I said as the man wheeled over to me.

"You know this is gonna take some time. Your past may be stuck so far back that it will take months maybe even years to recover."

"I don't care. I wanna know who I am. Any information is vital to me." I said honestly.

"Alright. I'll start researching anything that has to do with Adamantium and people using it. Now Logan I want you to stay very still while I concentrate on bringing your memories back." I nodded my head as Charles put his hands up on each side of my head.

I did start feeling a bit strange as he read my mind. It was like I could feel him digging into my thoughts and feelings. I breathed slowly as visions started to surface. They were only flashes but they completed scenarios. Charles brought his hands back down as I started getting anxious.

"That's enough for today Logan."


**Flashback End**

Last night I had a dream. A dream about the tank I was in. This time I could see the people around me. They were dressed in military uniforms and some were dressed in full white suits with masks over their faces. Was I apart of some kind of military experiment?

I sighed to myself as I reached out and brushed a piece of Cheyenne's hair that had fallen down on her sleeping face. Her nose twitched before she stirred awake. I smiled as she opened those beautiful green eyes.

"Good morning." I said placing my hand lovingly on her cheek.

"Good morning." Cheyenne's face lit up with a smile of her own. I slowly leaned towards her and kissed her soft lips.

"How long have you been watching me sleep?"

"Only a few minutes." I lied. I had been watching her for a couple of hours.

"So what are we gonna do? Are we gonna leave or stay?"

"I think we should stay for a little while." I said making her smile again. I watched as Chey stretched and yawn. Her bones popped from being in one position all night.

"I need a shower."

"Want me to join you?" I said winking at my beautiful girl.

"I don't think that's a good idea. This is a school after all."

"True but I can be quiet if you can." I said as she got up out of bed and began grabbing clothes.

"Alright come on baby." I jumped out of bed and followed her into the bathroom making sure to lock the door once we were inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~Cheyenne's POV~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After I took my shower with Logan, we got dressed before a knock came to the door. I opened it to reveal Storm.

"Good morning you two. I was wondering if you all would join me for breakfast?" I looked over at Logan and he nodded his head.

"We'd love to." Storm waited for us as we put our shoes on. We left our room hand in hand as we followed Storm down the stairs.

When we got to the cafeteria I couldn't believe the amount of kids there were. They ranged from all different age groups from 8 years to 17 years old. Storm led us into the over to the buffet like area and handed each of us a plate. I looked at all the choices and went with some biscuits and gravy, eggs, and sausage links. Logan pulled his plate high with food before we took a seat with Storm who was sitting with Jean, Scott, and the Professor.

"You're looking better this morning Cheyenne." Jean commented as I took a bite of my biscuit with gravy on it.

"I feel better. Being out those 2 days took a lot of me." As we ate I listened to the other people's around us conversations. They were curious about us for the most part.

When Logan and I finished eating, the Professor gave us a tour. Where we were staying, was the teachers area. He showed us the many different areas where students went to learn and where they had their recreational time. This place was absolutely huge! The place was literally a mansion. In the back yard of the mansion was a pool, a tennis and basketball court, 2 green houses packed with different vegetables, and the biggest flower garden I've ever seen. I'm definitely gonna have to come out here and draw some of these flowers.

By the time we finished the tour of this massive mansion, the Professor had taken Logan into his office to talk to him about something. I wonder what they could be talking about? I went back up to our room and grabbed my sketch book. I wanted to draw this place. It gave me inspiration. My feet guided me out the back of the mansion to the flower garden and I sat down on the grass. I opened up my sketch pad to a blank page and began to draw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~Logan's POV~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Once the door to the office closed, Charles directed me to sit. I did and once again he placed his hands on either side of my head looking deep within my buried memories. When the discomfort of my brain being prodded came, Charles stopped by lowering his hands.

"You should remember more tonight."

"I'm not much on thanking but thanks Charles. The dreams I'm having are starting to remind me." I said shaking his hand.

"I'm glad I can help but it's not over yet. You still have many sessions to go before you remember everything."

"I know. At least I can tell Cheyenne that I am Canadian." I said chuckling. He nodded his head and I got the feeling he was holding something back.

"So anything on where this procedure took place?"

"Nothing yet but I'm hopeful we'll get that information soon." He said in reassurance. I left the office and went on the search of my girl.

I checked our room first before I ran into Storm. She told me that Chey was out at the flower garden drawing. I headed that way. Sure enough there she was sitting on the ground in front of a patch of wild flowers with her sketch book in her lap. I stood there and watched her for a minute as her hand delicately moved the flowers to get her drawings perfect. I walked over to my love and sat down beside her as she was adding color to her drawing.

"Hey love." I said as she looked over.

"Hey babe. What did the Professor want with you?"

"I asked him to read my mind." I answered.

"Find out any deep dark secrets?"

"No but I can say for certain that I am Canadian." I said and she chuckled as she leaned into my side. I kissed the side of her head as she continued her coloring. I know she's not gonna take it easy when Charles gives me that information because I'm gonna want to go to that place to get more answers.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Please leave me some comments...