Summer Camp

Call Me Crazy .

“Hey you know where Kevin is?” Joe asked as I put on my shoes.

“No, why?” I asked.

“Well, I haven’t seen him around, just wondering where he is.”

“Okay, well, like I said before, I don’t know.” I laughed.

“Are you going to the camp fire tonight with Mel?” Joe asked me.

“Yea, and are you going with Ashley?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“Who do you think Kevin’s going with?” I asked.

“I don’t know, he’s kind of disappeared today.”

“I wonder where he went.”

“It’s Kevin he shouldn’t be gone for too long.” Joe commented.

“True.” I nodded.

“Are you ready to pick up Mel and Ash?” He asked.

“Yep.” I took one last look into the mirror, and left.

---

After we picked up Mel and Ash, the four of us walked over to the lake where the camp fire was being held.

“Where’s Kevin?” Melanie asked.

“We have absolutely no idea where Kevin is.” I answered.

“Hmm. You think he’s coming tonight?” Ashley asked.

“We’ll have to wait and see.” Joe said, as we all took a spot to sit at on the bench.

“So what are you doing tomorrow?” I asked Melanie.

“I’ll be going to your class.” She laughed.

“I mean after camp lessons.” I laughed along.

“I’m chilling with Ashley probably.” She smiled.

And Amber?

“And Amber right?” I asked.

“Um, I don’t think so.” She looked down at her finger nails.

Should I ask more questions? Or was this between them two and I shouldn’t get involved?

“Oh, okay.” I said.

“Whoa, is that Amber?” She asked as she looked to the side behind me.

I turned around to see not only Amber, but Amber with Kevin!

“She’s with Kevin.” Joe commented.

“So that’s where he’s been.” I said to no one in particular.

“Hey guys.” Kevin smiled as he came up to us and sat down with Amber beside him.

“Hey Kevin.” She smiled.

“… and Amber.” Once she said Amber her smile went down. There is definitely something wrong.

“Hi guys.” She said quietly.

“So, what are you all doing?” Kevin asked.

“Looking at fire, and talking. You?” Joe asked.

“Same.” After Kevin answered came a very awkward silence.

“So…” I started. “How’s everyone doing?”

Fine and goods came from around the fire.

“That’s, good.”

I turned to Mel, and it looked like she was avoiding eye contact with Amber, who was turned completely the other way so Mel wasn’t in her sight.

“Mel, are you okay?” I asked.

“I’m fine.” She answered.

“I mean, are you and Amber okay?” I asked.

“Oh.” She carried the ‘oh’ for a couple of seconds.

“So you want to tell me about this whole situation?” I asked.

“Somewhere else, where you know who isn’t here?” She asked pointing over to Amber.

“Sure.” I took her hand, and we got up and started walking over to her cabin.

“Where are you guys going?” Ashley asked.

“We’re going to talk.” Mel said and we began walking again.

Behind us we heard giggles from Joe and Ash, probably taking what Melanie had said the wrong way. I just scoffed and continued walking.

“Okay where here, so tell me about it.” I said sitting down on her bed, and she follow suit.

“Well, you know when you asked me to the dance?” She asked.

I nodded.

“Well, you know how my phone rang and all? Well once I came back to the cabin, this cabin, I asked Amber why she had called me, and she said just to say hi.” She paused.

“And so I joked about something with her, and she took it the wrong way and got all pissed at me, and I got mad because she started freaking out on me, and she just stormed out of here, so I haven’t talked to her since.” She sighed, and blew a strand of hair out of her face.

“What did you joke about to make her so mad?” I asked.

“Okay before I say anything of this, you have to promise me that you won’t think I’m weird or anything, or delusional, even though I know I am those things, just promise me you won’t?” She asked.

I laughed. “I promise.”

“Okay, well after you asked me to the dance, I thought you were about to… kiss me. I know it sounds weird, but you were coming closer and closer to me, that I thought you were going to kiss me, but you could have been like leaning in to take something out of my teeth or something, I don’t know. So yeah I joked that I was mad at Amber because she called at the wrong time, just to say hi, but she took it the wrong way…”

“So…” I started. “You wanted me to kiss you?”

“Uh, um… yeah…” She said shyly.

“That’s good, because I was going too.” I smiled at her.

Her face lit up. “Really?”

“Yeah,” I started. “And I think I want to now.”

She smiled, as we began leaning in closer, and closer into each other. Any second now our lips would touch. I could feel her breath hit my lips, and I decided to take this chance to close the gap between us. The kiss was soft, but still passionate. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and my jaw rested in her palm. She rubbed her thumb against my cheek, and as much as I hated it, the kiss ended.

“Call me crazy, but I never wanted that kiss to end.” She blushed, and smiled shyly.

I smiled back. “I definitely agree.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter,
more events in this one.
comment,
subscribe :)
♥