Summer Camp

Dance With Me .

Today was the day of the dance, which meant there were no classes this morning, which meant more time to pick out my outfit! This all leads to a very happy me.

“Ashley!” I screamed.

“Mel what happened, are you okay?” She said running towards me with a toothbrush in her mouth.

“Ashley, it’s an emergency!” I exclaimed.

“What is it?!”

“I don’t know what to wear.” I whined.

“Mel!” She sighed. “Let me finish brushing my teeth, and I’ll be right back.”

I smiled, as she turned around and finished brushing her teeth.

“Okay I’m back.”

“Alright, well I want to wear this dress,” I held the dress up to me. “But I don’t like the color.”

“Okay, any other choices?” She asked.

“Yeah, there’s also this dress.” I held up a light pastel color summer dress. “But for this one, it might be way too casual.”

“Well I like it, you should wear it.” She said holding it back up in front of me.

“You think?”

“Would I lie?”

I smiled. “So, shall we move on to the accessories?”

“We shall.” She smiled and we debated on different accessories.

---

The whole getting ready process went by so fast the both of us barely realized it was already six, and the dance started at seven. So Ashley and I did the last touches on our make-up and hair, and left to go to Amber’s cabin where the boys were picking us up.

“Amber you look adorable!” I squealed as Ashley and I walked into her cabin.

“I second that!” Ashley yelled as we gave Amber a bear hug.

“Ha, thanks girls. You two look so pretty.”

“Aw thank you.” I smiled and we sat down listening to music while we waited for the slow poke boys.

A couple of minutes later we heard a knock on the door.

Amber got up to answer it, and Nick and Joe were standing in the doorway.

“Where’s Kevin?” I asked confused.

“Kevin’s gone to pick up his date.” Joe said as he gave Ashley a kiss on the cheek.

I looked at Amber confused; I thought Amber was Kevin’s date.

She looked back at me confusedly, then turned towards the doorway and smiled.

There, stood a boy with straight sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes and he was definitely not Kevin. The boy smiled back at Amber and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Everybody, this is Andrew,” Amber introduced him. “My date.” Her date?!

Everyone greeted him.

“So, we all ready to head over?” Joe asked.

“Yep.”

---

I was still confused about the whole situation here, wasn’t Kevin and Amber a thing? If they aren’t why did they go to the campfire together? I’m so confused.

“Hey Kevin.” Nick and Joe greeted their older brother who behind him stood, I’m guessing, his date.

“Hey guys, this is my date Danielle.” He smiled as he introduced her to everyone.

Everyone said hi, and started small talk.

“Anyways…” I started. “Want to go get something to drink?” I asked Nick.

“Sure.” He smiled, oh how that smile makes me swoon.

We walked over to the food and drinks table and I grabbed a water bottle, and he took a diet coke.

I glanced over at him and saw him taping his toes to the beat of the music, and I smiled.

“What?” He asked when he saw me smiling at him.

“Nothing.” I laughed.

“There must be something if you’re smiling like that at me.”

“Can’t a girl smile at her date?” I said pretending to be hurt.

He laughed.

“Not if it freaks you out.” He joked.

I pretended to gasp. “Fine, I won’t smile for the rest of my life then, I’ll just live in a sad, frowning world…”

“I never said your smile freaked me out, now did I?” He smiled at me.

“Well your smile does.”

He looked at me with a hurt expression.

“I’m joking Jonas.” I laughed and gave him a kiss.

I opened my eyes and saw his staring back at me; he leaned down and kissed me again, this time with more passion.

“Want to go outside?” I suggested.

He looked at me for a second confused, but shrugged and nodded.

We were outside for five minutes, and no one said anything until Nick spoke.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah…”

“Mel, are you sure, is it something I did?” He asked.

“No, I’m just… scared.” I admitted.

“Scared?” He seemed worried. “Mel, why would you be scared?”

“I don’t know. I’m just scared, I’m scared of at the end of all this, I’ll never feel for the rest of my life…”

He wrapped his arms around me. “Never feel what?”

I took a breath. “I’ll never feel the way I feel when I’m with you.”

It was silence for a couple of moments when Nick titled my head up and kissed me passionately.

“Dance with me.” He said.

“What, here?”

“Here.”

I placed my head on his chest, and wrapped my arms around his back. We swayed back and forth for the longest amount of time possible.

“I love you Nick.”

He lifted his head, and I glanced into his eyes.

“I love you too Mel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know this chapter goes from one thing to another, it's because it was written weirdly, if that makes sense. I first started writing the chapter yesterday, but then I didnt finish it so i started it again today, and I was listening to a lot of slow songs, and it reminded me of Dirty Dancing dont ask why... so I looked up the script of dirty dancing and i was first going to have Nick take Melanie outside and do the whole scene like how Patrick Swazy does with the whole heart boom boom thingy, when he's teaching Baby to dance , and i loved that scene, but then i found the script or whatever on this random site, and it had that whole cute thing about how she'll stop feeling the way she feels about him, and i was like OMG *dies* so, I really wanted to put that in there, so yeah sorry it doesnt make sense, and sorry this A/N is longer than the chapter .

ttyl .