Summer Camp

This Sleepover Pones .

I stood there in shock. There, there was Joe and Ashley making out. The worst part was that they were on my bed! Gross much!

“I am so sorry to interrupt.” I said quickly and ran out the door.

“Oops.” I heard Ashley said from inside.

I walked over to Ambers, hoping I would be able to crash over at her place. I opened the door to only see her and Andrew making out now.

“God, is it make out night or something!?” I exclaimed as I ran out of there and started walking to the Jonas’s Cabin.

I knocked on the door, just in case and Kevin opened it.

“Hey Kevin!” I greeted him.

“Uh Mel, you do know it’s almost twelve o’clock right?” He asked.

“Oh,” I started. “Well I have a perfect reason for why I’m here.”

“And that is?” He waited for my response.

“People have taken over the world!” I exclaimed.

He looked at me like I was a psychopath.

“Well,” I started. “…More like they took the only place for me to sleep.”

“Oh I see, you want to crash here?” He asked.

“Please.” I smiled.

He smiled back and led me inside.

“Wow, your guys’ cabin is huge!” I exclaimed.

In their cabin it looked like a mini cottage. They had a kitchen, bathroom, a living room, and two bedrooms. The biggest bedroom which was on its own floor was visible when you first walked in the door.

“Ha,” He laughed. “This is what most of the counselors cabins look like.”

“Lucky.”

“If you want to go see Nick, he’s laying down upstairs.” He said pointing to the wooden stairs that lead to the big bedroom. “I’ll go get you some dry clothes.”

I nodded and began walking up the stairs. I saw Nick sitting there on the bed his face covered by a book.

“Hey Nick.” I greeted him, but he didn’t answer me.

I noticed he was tapping his foot, and I looked to his side where his Ipod was placed.

I quietly walked over to the side of the bed, and once I was there, I started jumping on the bed causing Nick to jump making his book fly out of his arms.

“Scare me much!” He exclaimed holding his heart as if I caused him a heart attack.

“Sorry babe.” I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“It’s alright,” He smiled. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I understand. You don’t want me here; I’ll just leave then…” I said getting up and I started walking down the stairs.

“No Mel, I don’t want-“

“No I know you don’t want me here its okay.” I faked tears and continued walking down the stairs.

He got up from his bed and quickly rushed over to me.

“I’m sorry Mel,” He embraced me in a hug. “I don’t want you to leave.”

I looked down so he couldn’t see the grin on my face.

“Mel, I didn’t mean to make you cry.” He said hugging me tighter.

I couldn’t help but crack up. I started laughing and the look on his face was priceless.

“Uh…”

“Nick I was joking!” I exclaimed as I hugged him.

“Oh.”

“Gosh, you need to lighten up, you take things way to seriously.” I laughed as I sat back down on his bed.

“Sorry, I just… I thought-“

“Come. Sit.” I padded a place beside me, and he sat down.

“Hope you don’t mind I’m spending the night here.” I changed the subject.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yep, it’s going to be like a sleepover!” I exclaimed very perkily.

He laughed at my girly-ness.

“Oh, we could watch movies, and eat popcorn, AND gossip, and-“

“Mel, I get it.” He laughed.

“Mel I got you some dry clothes!” Kevin yelled from downstairs.

I got up off the bed and headed downstairs to change.

“Okay movie time!” I sang as I came out of the washroom wearing a pair of Nick’s PJ bottoms and a white shirt. Everything was too big on me so I was holding the bottoms up so they wouldn’t fall.

Nick started laughing when he saw me struggle with the bottoms of the pants. I turned to him and gave him a death glare.

“Fine then, you’re making the popcorn, Ha!” I said as jumped on the couch and sat beside him.

“Fine.” He whined and got up to make the popcorn.

He came back shortly with a bowl of popcorn and drinks for us.

“Kevin!” I yelled.

“Yeah?” He answered from another room.

“Want to watch a movie with us?” I asked.

“No thanks.” He probably rolled his eyes.

“Fine then boring pants.”

“I heard that!”

I laughed, and grabbed the remote on the coffee table and turned on the TV. I switched the channels to the movie channel and saw that The Notebook was playing.

“Oh my god!” I shrieked.

“What’s wrong?” Nick asked alert.

“I love this movie!” I said and started shoving popcorn in my mouth while watching the opening credits.

He rolled his eyes and started watching the movie too.

---

During the movie my face was covered in tears. I shoved some more popcorn in my mouth a sobbed.

“You okay Mel?” Nick asked.

“It was him all along, it’s so romantic.” I sobbed staring at the screen.

“Yeah…”

“It was love at first sight!” I chugged down the rest of my drink.

“Okay…”

---

I had fallen asleep during the movie, but I was woken up by Nick getting up to turn off the TV. My eyes still felt super heavy so I took that as a sign I was still tired and tried to go back to sleep.

A couple seconds later I felt Nick put his arms around me to pick me up. He started caring me up the stairs and laid me down on his bed and put the covers over me.

“Goodnight Melanie.” He gave me a soft kiss.

I started kissing him back to let him know I was awake.

“Goodnight Nick.” I smiled at him and kissed him once more.

He smiled back at me and started walking back to the stairs.

“Nick, where are you going?” I whispered.

“I’m going to sleep downstairs.” He whispered back.

“You want to sleep here with me?” I asked.

He was hesitant to answer but came back and crawled under the covers, keeping his distance.

“I don’t bite.” I giggled.

“I know, but-“

“I know what you mean. But it’s not like we’re going to do anything.” I said moving in closer to him.

“Right.” He answered and he put his arms around me and I cuddled up against his chest.

“You know,” I started. “This sleepover pones all the other ones I’ve had.”

He smiled at me.

“Glad to know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
K,
sorry this chapter took so long to write.
I've had to many distractions during the writing process.
so sorry .
anyways hope you liked it.