Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

Trouble's always gonna find me someway

Gunner and I are sitting in the courtyard. My vinyl sticker covered laptop is opened and has Mono by Courtney Love playing in the background while I have an open, blank word document open as well as a few notebooks open on my lap; notebooks filled with song ideas. I’m going to make use of having Gunner here and use that time to work on new songs so I can hopefully put out an EP soon.

“The problem isn’t having no ideas but too many ideas.” Gunner sighs. “Your mind is everywhere Nikki Lovey.”

“You’re telling me.” I snort. “But then again, it’s always been like this.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be on Adderall or some shit?” He asks. “Because I know you were in the past and I know it wasn’t recreational.”

“I was but then all my boyfriends and brothers started stealing it so I kept saying ‘fuck it’.” I shrug. “Someday I’ll be back on that shit.”

“We’re going out!” Brandon announces as him, Dylan, Douglas and Colson all walk into the courtyard; dressed to the nines almost.

“Damn you boys clean up nicely.” I chuckle as Douglas walks over and kisses me. “But you’re not going out, not all four of you.”

“Afraid we’ll corrupt your boy toy?” Dylan smirks the infamous Tommy Lee smirk. “Come on, aren’t you glad your baby brothers want to befriend your boyfriend?”

“You guys are going to get arrested.” I simply state. Brandon opens his mouth to protest but closes it when I put my right hand up. “Save it baby brother. You and I both know you’re going to get arrested. There are technically 3 Lees and a Sixx; that never ends well.”

“Then come with us.” Douglas suggests. “It’ll be fun, babe.”

“That’s even a worse idea.” Gunner laughs, earning a questioning look from Douglas. “Doug, have you truly partied with your girlfriend? Not like a nice date or even just drinks at home with friends?” Douglas just shakes his head no. And it’s true, we haven’t gone clubbing or anything like that. “Your girl lives up to the Tommy Lee Party Animal reputation. She’s just as wild as her old man.”

“Now you definitely have to come out with us.” Colson chuckles. “Come on Nikki Lee!”

“Fuck no.” I chuckle. “It’s not going to end well, trust me. I’m trying to be a good girl now.”

“Damn, you must really love Douglas then.” Dylan laughs. “You never use to turn down the opportunity to party til the crack of dawn.”

“I’m not changing because of a guy, I’m changing because I don’t want potential fans to think I’m just this partier. I don’t want people to think I’m like Kesha or anything like that.”

“Please come out with us.” Brandon whines. “Are you seriously going to say no to partying with your brothers in New Orleans. You’re saying on Bourbon Street for fucks sake. You’re songwriting can wait til then. Please!”

“If it stops the fucking whining, I’ll do it.” I roll my eyes, closing my laptop and tossing my books on top. “But if anyone gets arrested, I’m leaving ya’ll in jail and pretending I don’t know you.”

“Like you’ll leave lover boy in jail.” Dylan smirks.

“You’re right, I won’t leave him in jail but I’m leaving you two fucktards in jail.” I say pointing at both Brandon and Dylan. “I’ve bailed your asses out more times than I’ll admit.”

“Alright just go get fucking changed and meet us back down here.” Brandon says, ushering me upstairs. “You too Sixx!” He yells behind him at Gunner. “You know she’s not going without you.”

“Sadly.” Gunner laughs as he follows me upstairs. “Since when is your brother pushy.”

“Something is up, I feel it.” I admit. “I’m just hoping my gut is wrong…”

**
“You didn’t have to come out.” Douglas states as we walk into Saints and Sinners. “I’m sure everything would have been fine.”

“My brothers are up to something,” I tell him. “I don’t trust them not to get themselves and the people with them in trouble.”

“So you’re coming out here to be the overprotect big sister?” He smiles. “That’s actually really sweet.”

“No it’s not.” I playfully narrow my eyes at my boyfriend. “I don’t plan to save them. I’m saving me and you; that’s it. Anyone else is staying a night in jail.”

“Even Colson and Gunner?”

“If they are doing stupid shit with my brothers, they deserve it.” I chuckle. “But you have a proper English reputation to uphold. Can’t have you getting in trouble with the riff raff of America.” He just smile before leaning in; planting his soft lips on mine. I smile into the kiss as I wrap my arms around his neck; pulling him closer as I deepen the kiss.

Uh, Nik!” Brandon’s voice is enough to pull me from the trance known as Douglass. “You’re gonna wanna see who else is here.” He says, pointing behind me.

I turn around and see Ashley and CC standing there at the entrance, eyes on the six of us. CC’s is looking happy and friendly as ever. Ashley’s eyes are dark and narrowing into a glare.

“Fuck.” I mutter before burying my head into Douglas’ chest. “Tonight isn’t going to end well.”

“Come on, there has to be another exit.” Gunner suggests. “Let’s go find another bar.”

“Why should be leave?” I asks, pulling away from Douglas. “Ashley ended it by running away. And I ended it permanently because I was sick of being treated like a revolving door. We are two adults. We should be able to be in the same bar.”

“Remember what happened at The Whisky?” Gunner asks. “He was a fucking asshole to both you and Doug. He may not want you for himself but he doesn’t want anyone else to have you. He’s always been like that.”

“Gunner is right, let’s just leave.” Dylan sighs. “You’re the one that doesn’t want any of us to go to jail. If we stay and get alcohol into our systems; jail is the only outcome of tonight.”

“I’m done walking on eggshells around that asshole.” I stand up straight and force a smile on my lips. “We’re staying. Now let’s go to the fucking bar and get a drink. Fuck Ashley…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: Mama Forgive Me by Porcelain Black.

comment&subscribe? Think Nik is done with Ashley? Think this night is going to end well? Or will there be jail time?