‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

Take a shitty day and make it alright, yeah, alright

I’m in the rehearsal studio behind my dad’s house finishing up on some last minute changes. I zip up my carry on, when a stack of papers are thrown on stop of it. I look up and see Nikki standing there with a grin on his face.

“What the fuck, dude?” I question him before looking down at the stack of papers. This isn’t just a stack of random papers, this is a script. And in big letters, I see The Heroin Diaries on the top of the page. “Why did you toss a script at me?”

“I want you to audition for the role of The Girl With Golden Eyes.” He tells me. “I remember going to see you perform plays and musicals and I miss seeing you happy and excited. I want you to try again. This is what you went to school for; this is your dream.”

“I am excited and happy with my current life.” I tell him. “I’m still performing on stage in front of hundreds of people.”

“But there is a difference.” He explains. “That happiness doesn’t meet your eyes. I want you to try and audition again. I know it didn’t work out in the past but you’ve grown. I’m sure people will see that.”

“And if I, by some fucking miracle, get this role there will be people saying I only got it because Nikki fucking Sixx is my godfather and manager.” I point out. “I don’t want to get a role because of who I know. I want to work for it.”

“I told the casting director I will not be in the room for your audition.” He explains to me. “I told him I don’t want to hear about your audition or anything. I just want to hear the outcome. I want this to be as fair for everyone as possible.”

“Why do you want me to audition so badly?”

“Because it’s your dream.” He smiles. “Follow your dream, princess.”

“I’ll think about it.” I tell him. “I can’t make any promises.”

“That’s all I’m asking for.” He pulls me into a hug and kisses my temple. “You deserve to be on Broadway, those casting directors were fucking assholes.”

I pull away and smile at him. “You’re the best godfather a girl can ask for. You know that right?”

“Stop fluffing an old man’s ego.” He chuckles. “Go be with your boyfriend in Canada. Enjoy your last days of freedom before you have to be on tour.”

“You act as if I’m going to prison.” I laugh.

“You and Colson just might.” He laughs, causing me to roll my eyes. “Seriously, be safe. That’s all I’m asking.”

“I’m always safe.” I assure him. “Besides isn’t that what Evander was hired for?”

**

I get to the gate and see Douglas standing there. He’s wearing a chauffeur's hat and his sign simply says “Starry Eyes”. I can’t help but smile as I rush towards him. I toss my carry on and the musical’s script on the ground before jumping into Douglas’ arms. Our lips immediately crash together as his hands rest on my ass as my arms circle around his neck. His tongue darts into my mouth as he deepens the kiss.

Pulling back for air, I rest my forehead on his. “God I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Love.” He says as he lets me down. “Come on, let’s get back to my hotel room, shall we?” I nod my head as I back away. He goes to pick up my bag and the script. He looks down and reads the script before looking back at me. “What’s this?”

“The script for The Heroin Diaries musical.” I reply, as he hands me the script. “Nikki wants me to audition for the role of The Girl With Golden Eyes.”

“Babe that’s amazing!” He exclaims as we begin to walk towards the exit. “This is what you’ve always wanted.”

“Yea but what about music and touring and all that?” I ask. “I can’t just drop that for a role I may or may not get.”

“Don’t drop everything until you know for sure that you go the role.” He states. “Fans will understand if you disappear, especially if they know you went to school for this.”

“You’re sounding like Nikki.” I chuckle.

“I mean I did play him in a movie.” He jokes, causing me to playfully roll my eyes and nudge him with my hip. “Are you going to audition for the role?”

“I told him I’ll think about it.” I reply. I sigh as we reach the car. “I don’t want to get my hopes up with this. I’ve had my heart shattered when it’s come to auditions. I don’t want to go through that again.”

Douglas tosses the bags in the backseat of the car before pulling me towards him. He wraps his arms around my waist; his hands settling just above my ass. “You’re talented, Love. Nikki sees that. And it’s not just from the godfather stand point. Just please think about this long and hard. I’d hate for you to pass this up because of fears.”

“I’m thinking about it.” I assure him. “Auditions aren’t for a couple months. I’ll take the tour to think about it. I promise.”

“You’re amazing and talented and it’s about damn time the theatre world see that.” He presses his on mine in a short kiss. “Come on, let’s get something to eat and get you to the hotel. You must be tired.”

“I love you.” I tell him. “I hope you know that.”

He shoots me a smile. “I know. And I love you too. Always have.” He opens the car door for me. I thank him with a smile before getting into the car. I take a deep breath, this trip is going to be exactly what I need...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Lowlife by Poppy.

comment&subscribe? I didn't update this because I'm putting off working on my Nikki Sixx fanfic, Animal in Me *shifty eyes*. ha.