‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

No ain't nobody better at loving you

FWD One month.

“So your boy is gone.” Michelle states as she curls up in bed with me and Kendall. “Is he back in London?

“Nope he is going to Greece with a bunch of friends for his birthday.” I reply. “The trip was planned and booked before we got back together. He wanted to cancel but I didn’t want him to. I don’t want to be that girlfriend.”

“But that leaves you in bed eating pickles from the jar with your girls.” Kendall laughs. “I swear every time I see you doing that shit, I think you’re pregnant.”

“I mean my mom apparently craved pickles when she was pregnant.” I shrug. “But if that’s the case, I’ve been pregnant for years now.”

“How are you and Doug doing?” Kendall asks.

“We’re honestly fine.” I reply. “It’s like that break up never happened. We just fell right back into how our relationship was before the whole instagram issue.”

“Have you guys talked about it?” Michelle asks. “Being engaged, I mean. Are you guys back to being engaged or what?”

“We haven’t really talked about it.” I reply. “I want to bring it up but I don’t want to freak him out again. Things are going so well, I don’t want to jinx it.”

“Girl, you have to talk about it!” Kendall exclaims. “You guys were going to get married. You can’t just sweep that shit under the rug and forget about it. You were ready to commit to each for better or worse.”

“I know you’re right, deep down.” I sigh. “I don’t want to fuck this up. I love him and I don’t want to scare him away. I can’t do that again.”

Kendall is about to open her mouth when I feel my stomach do a flip quickly followed by a nauseous feeling. Fuck… I rush out of bed and straight to my bathroom. I barely have enough time to flip the toilet seat up before the contents of my stomach come spewing out. I can feel someone gathering my hair while another person is rubbing my back.

“I know we were joking about you being pregnant, but ever think you just might be?” Michelle asks, laughing afterwards. I lift one of my hands up high enough to flip her the finger as I begin dry heaving.

“It wouldn’t be such a long shot.” Kendall agrees. “You guys go at it like crazy when you are together. You’re not the quietest person either, Nik. Ben was scarred for life after his visit.” I know this is Kendall’s way of cheering me up but it’s not working. Because now, I’m thinking about when was the date of my last period. And it’s been well over a month.

I sink to the ground and bring my knees to my chest; burying my face in my knees. “You know we’re only joking, right?” Kendall asks.

“Yea, we’re only joking, Nik. Relax.” Michelle puts an arm around me as she scoots a little closer. “You look like you’re gonna be sick again.”

“I know you guys are joking.” I tell them, not bothering to pick my head up. “But the thing is, I don’t remember my last period. It’s been well over a month.” Kendall sits on the other side of me, squishing herself up against the toilet and me, she puts her arms around my torso.

“You’re starting to think you’re pregnant after one vomiting spell?” She asks. “You’re on your first tour, it’s probably stress that is causing you to be late.”

“I’ve never been late, like at all.” I confidently state. “That was my thing. No matter how fucked my life got, I was always on time. I never had a pregnancy scare before. And come on, let’s be real; me and Ashley weren’t exactly safe either.”

“Okay so when we get to the hotel, I’ll have Evander run and get you several pregnancy tests and you’ll be on all those sticks.” Kendall states. “If you come up positive, Evander will book you an appointment for a doctor for your next day off and we’ll make sure. Okay?”

“Ok mommy!” I chuckle, causing the girls to chuckle too. “What if I am pregnant? What do I do? Doug and I just got back together. It’s too soon to be welcoming a kid into the world.”

“Doug will love you no matter what.” Michelle assures me. “He really was missing you while you guys were broken up. We actually texted a lot. He would on and off ask how he could win you back. It was actually pretty sweet. I still have no idea why he was texting me and not Gunner or Britt.”

“You are my best friend since birth too, you know.” I smile at her. “But it’s sweet that you talked to him. I was sure you’d tell him to fuck off for hurting me.”

“I tried but that bastard is persistent.” She laughs. “Now let’s get up off this floor, brush your teeth and let’s get back into bed. We have a few hours to kill before you get to pee on some sticks.”

A chuckle escapes my lips. “What would I do without you guys?”

“You’d be having a fucking panic attack wondering if your pregnant or not?” Michelle replies, laughing.

I love these girls…

**

“Okay, it’s time.” My 2 minute timer goes off. “I don’t think I can go into that bathroom.”

“Do you wan-” Kendall starts but it quickly stopped by pounding on my door. I get up off the bed and check through the peephole.

A sigh escapes my lips before opening it. Before me is standing one pretty concerned looking Colson. “Nik, what’s wrong? You practically raced here without even talking to me. Are you okay?”

“I’ll let you know once I go check the several pregnancy tests I have in the bathroom.” I reply to him. His blue eyes widen as if I told him I was pregnant with his kid.

“You’re pregnant?” He questions and his look of shock is quickly turned into a look of happiness. “That’s fuckign amazing!”

“I don’t know if it’s for sure so don’t go celebrating just yet.” I tell him. “I just have to find it in me to just go to that fucking bathroom and find out.”

“Want me to go in there?” He asks. “Or maybe Kendall or Michelle could do it?”

“Could all three of you do it?” I ask, giving all of them puppy dog eyes; something I use to always get my way with people.”

“Sure, babes.” Kendall smiles before the three of them disappear into the bathroom.

“Holy shit!” I hear Colson exclaim loudly before all three of them walk out. Each of them are wearing a smile.

“You wanted kids with Douglas, right?” Kendall smiles. I quickly rush into the bathroom and see several positive pregnancy tests. I just start crying. “Please tell them those are tears of happiness and not sadness.”

“Doug and I are going to be parents.” I choke but the smile on my face tells me everything.

“Want me to Facetime the dad to be?” Colson asks.

“No, Doug can’t know yet.” I inform the blond. “I need to be seen by a doctor before I tell him. These could be false positives. I want to be 100% before telling him. I don’t want him to potentially get his hopes up.”

“Have you guys talked about kids before?” Colson asks.

“Jokingly.” I admit. “We haven’t even talked about whether or not we’re engaged again. This should be a conversation we have face to face but he’s gonna be in Greece and well I’m here in the middle of the Hotel Diablo tour.”

“We’ll help you figure this out baby girl.” Colson walks over to me, pulling me into a hug before planting a kiss on the top of my head. “For now, we’ll keep this secret. But I’m really happy for you. You and Doug will make awesome parents, even if you don’t have your shit together.” One by one, Kendall and Michelle join the hug. Happy tears flow from my eyes and as I bury my face into Colson’s chest.

I can’t believe I’m gonna be a mom…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Ain't Nobody by Skylar Grey.

Comment&subscribe? This idea has been crossing my mind for the last couple days. So I had to write it. Besides I've been planning on Nik getting knocked up since Starry Eyes.

What should happen next?