Sacred Slave

Fifteen - The Leaf Village

“Kota, I want you to cancel my contract,” Obito said suddenly.

I suspected that this would be what he desired after having been in thought for so long. Hidan didn’t seem surprised either, probably because even to someone like Obito, being absorbed into a tree after what could be years of torture didn’t seem like a pleasant thing to be having done to you. I would never know, and neither would Hidan how that could weigh on your mind. However, I did respect Obito for being able to make that decision even when it was not a light one.

“Yes, master,” I say as I walk over to him and kneel in front of him.

Obito looks into my eyes and I could see a look of fear in his eyes. He has faced death once before when Madara and I first found him, but this time was different. He was prepared to die as he lay under that boulder so long ago, but now he is a grown man that has known life and is afraid of what he leaves behind.

“Master, when I remove this seal, I know you don’t want to hear it from me, but I would recommend going to see your old friend. Kakashi would probably love to be able to see you and make amends even if it is for such a short time,” I say as I place my hand over the healed bite on his collarbone.

Obito nodded, “I had the same thought. I want to fix some mistakes before I decide it is time to move on,” Obito said as he felt the warmth of me removing my seal.

I nod and once it was removed, I kissed him gently. Obito kisses back and I hold him close as the effects of the removal hit his body. He looks up at me concerned but I reassure him that this will pass, and he will feel better. Obito eyes flutter open and closed as he feels nausea and exhaustion.

“Rest, Hidan and I will be sure to get you to the leaf village as you sleep. In the morning, the aftermath should be healed, and you should be okay to be up and moving around,” I reassure.

Obito nods and lays against me as nausea prevents him from doing much else. I hold him close as he falls asleep and Hidan looks over at me suspecting that something has gone wrong.

“Kota, what is happening to him?” Hidan asks.

“The decaying process, happening quicker than I have ever seen in a human before,” I say as I look down at Obito, “he will have less than the two months originally thought, but he should get to enjoy the time he will have. Come, let us go to the leaf,” I add.

Hidan nods and stands from our campsite. I carry Obito as we walk and wonder what has made his decay so much faster than the others I have seen. Hopefully, the leaf can prolong his life enough for him to see his friend and make amends with his village. At least for his sake, I hope they can because I would hate for him to become miserable in his afterlife over unfinished business. Hidan pats my shoulder reassuringly as we approach the familiar gate, having not camped that far from it in the first place, immediately we are stopped by Kakashi and another ninja. My chakra signature undoubtedly recognized from my time as a prisoner.

“I have brought a present for you Kakashi,” I say as I lay Obito down on the ground.

“How? He is dead,” Kakashi said as he looks down at him.

“No, you presumed he was dead. Madara Uchiha, using white Zetsu and I using my demon powers, saved him from death by making a contract. He no longer wants to be under that contract so he is dying, but Obito asked that I made sure he is returned home to make amends with you before he no longer can. Enjoy the second chance with your friend, no matter how brief,” I say as Hidan and I turn to walk away.

“Are you not here to attack us?” Naruto asks as he comes from the shadows, “I never knew you were captive and I didn’t know Kurama could kill you,” Naruto adds as he looks at me.

I shake my head, “no, I am only here to allow my master to be with his friends for his last moments. I am leaving and will be going into hiding so please do not look for me,” I said as Hidan and I disappear into the tree line.

The leaf ninja stares at us as we walk away unable to contemplate if I am lying or not. Ironically, for once, a demon is telling the truth.