Sacred Slave

Five - Another Master

I look over at Obito as he laid next to me in bed; I have no doubts that he cares about my well-being and would go as far as taking an attack for me, however, I also knew that he didn’t love me as he said once before that what we had wasn’t love, just sex. It’s made me wonder if I could love anyone at all, did I have to only love him? Obito glances over at me and turns so he was looking at me.

“What is on your mind, my fox demon?” He asks as he looks at me.

I look at him, “am I allowed to love someone? You told me we were just sex partners and I come back to you no matter what since that was part of our initial agreement.” I said.

Obito seems to think about it, “yes, you can love someone else, but you must always return to me as per our agreement. If you don’t then I seal you away again,” Obito says.

I nod to him; it may seem like our agreement is harsh to anyone that looks in, but we’ve made it work for many years. Obito has a good reason to want to lock me away if I break our agreement, I’m a demon, I know all his secrets and plans from years of being with him and should any of that get out his entire operation would suffer. Obito lays facing away from me as he settles in and falls asleep.

I find myself restless and unable to sleep peacefully next to him. Not knowing what else to do I get out of bed and head into the Akatsuki training area outside. I figure I should get some practice in using jutsu since I haven’t used much chakra in the many years that I’ve been asleep and because I’ve had my demonic power to fall back on. I should make sure that I do have a plan ‘B’ if my demonic power is ever blocked or canceled.

“Kota?” A voice from behind me asks.

“Hidan,” I reply as I spin on my heels and look at him.

Hidan comes from the shadows and looks at me, “what are you doing up?” He asks.

I put my kunai back into my pocket and look up at the moon, “I find I cannot sleep, now I know why,” I said; looking at the full moon.

Hidan follows my eyes and looks up at the moon, “the moon? Are you unable to sleep during full moons?” He asks.

I nod, “yes, my demon power becomes restless as the moon gives me more strength. Therefore, I cannot go without an owner to keep me in line, if I don’t have someone there then I listen to the demon in my head,” I say as I sit down on a boulder.

“You talk as though you and the demon are two separate people?” Hidan said.

I knew he would notice eventually that I tried to separate myself from who I am inside. I didn’t want to be this demon that destroyed things, but I couldn’t run forever. Eventually, it would overpower me, and humanity would fade away once again.

“We are not as much as I wish it were true. The demon and I are one and the same, but he’s been sealed for a long time. Longer than Tobi has even been alive, probably even you. Jashin sealed him in exchange for two-hundred souls, so I killed in the first shinobi war, then sealed him away. I kill occasionally to keep myself in the good graces of my god.” I say as I look at my hands.

“When was the last time you killed?” Hidan asks.

I look up at him and think, “truthfully I don’t know. I don’t even know where I’ve been in the last ten years. I didn’t know I’d been gone the ten years,” I say as I try to remember.

Hidan sits down on the boulder next to me, “I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone else who worships Jashin, he’s not a commonly worshipped god,” He said as he traces the tattoo that was visible from my shirt.

“I don’t think I just worship him; I believe he is my father. Jashin is the origin of most evil in the world and as much as I try to not be, I’m still evil and a demon, so I think I’m one of many of Jashin’s children.” I said.