Status: A little something to get me back on writing stories since it's been a while. Wish me luck and enjoy the journey! <3

Mister Nothing

The Beginning of Everything II

He took off his black coat and left it beside him on the couch. I was angry, very angry. I was sad too but all thoughts of sadness flew out the window when that hateful memory from last night jumped into my mind.

I had two drinks and kept talking with his co-workers and our friends but my eyes always followed him. I loved him. I really loved him. I couldn’t stand not being with him. Last night was the first night ever that I slept alone and I had no idea where he was. I was talking to Richard, his closest buddy from work, when I realized I couldn’t spot him anywhere.

‘’What you did for Austin…’’ He started and then took a sip from his drink before continuing, ‘’I mean… no woman has ever done that much for me. He is very lucky to have you in his life.’’

I smiled at him. ‘’Of course. He is the only one for me.’’ I took a sip from my drink too as Richard’s sister Nicole made her way to us.

‘’How are you, Paola? We didn’t have a chance to speak since I arrived.’’ Nicole said, putting her right hand around her brother’s neck as she stood beside him. ‘’What are you drinking, Richard?’’ she asked quickly staring at her brother’s glass.

‘’Whiskey, what else?’’ He grinned.

‘’That’s true. How are you, Nicole? Are you having fun?’’ I asked her smiling.

Nicole was a very beautiful woman. Even I as a woman acknowledged her. She had blonde hair, very bright like my own but hers were reaching her waist while mine were a little shorter but still long. She had emerald eyes; the kind that seemed like a jewel that come alive and her eyelashes were long like a doll. Her lips were full and her neck line was astonishing. She had a very thin figure and you could easily realize she was a model by the confidence surrounding her as she spoke and the air she was emitting as she walked.

‘’Yes. What? Don’t I look the part?’’ She smiled and then added, ‘’there are so many delicious men that I can’t help myself.’’ She grinned and grabbed her brother’s drink to make it her own as she took a sip and then a second one.

‘’Oh, please, Nicole. Behave yourself. You’re only 20 so stop changing men like uses shirts.’’ Her brother told her. He was upset over his sister’s affairs with various men.

It was true. No one could hold Nicole down. She wasn’t one of the women who wanted one man and wanted to settle down and that was one of the reasons Austin had told me to not hang out with her much. I mean, I was only nineteen and I had already settled down with Austin. He was the only man in my life and I was proud for that. Still, I was envious of Richard’s sister since she had made it on her own. Yes, Austin was jealous and possessive, but he knew very well there was no reason for him to be. Just because Nicole played around didn’t mean I’d do the same. And yes, Nicole had many men but she was strong and above everything she was real. That was another one of the reasons I liked her as a person.

‘’Oh, shut up, Richard.’’ She scoffed at him, pulling her hand away from his neck and taking another sip of his drink.

‘’Language, young lady!’’ He scolded her and then said, ‘’I’ll leave you to two to keep up with your catching,’’ and with that he left. He made his way towards some other co-workers of his as I stayed with his sister.

‘’So, how does it feel being married to Austin?’’ Nicole smiled at me. From her playful tone I knew she wanted to know all the dirty details I could offer her.

‘’Really nice actually.’’ I smiled at her. I wasn’t one of those women who liked to share what they did in their bedroom so she had to settle for a short answer like that.

‘’Come on; don’t give me that half-assed of an answer. Details, woman.’’ She demanded as she playfully smiled, pulling a few strands of her hair to the back.

‘’No, no. I won’t share,’’ I started and then thought of altering this discussions course. ‘’But please, do tell me about yours? How’s Bobby?’’ I asked and I clinked my glass with hers. We could drink to her love life.

‘’Bobby is long gone. I’m single.’’ She beamed. Whoa, talk about being quick. ‘’That’s why I thought I could easily find a cute guy if I tagged along with my brother tonight.’’ She explained.

‘’And? No one catches your eye yet?’’ I asked as I left my drink to the table in the corner so I could fix my dress. The v neck line needed to go a little higher.

‘’No, not yet.’’ She answered me. ‘’Do you need help with that?’’ She offered.

‘’No, no. I’ll go to the bathroom to fix it, thank you. Plus, I need to freshen up, don’t you think?’’

I smiled and made my way all the way to the stairs. My high heels were killing me too. It had been a while since I had to wear them and my feet had forgotten the feeling. As I was about to walk the stairs, someone grabbed my arm. I turned around and saw Ava.

‘’Hey, everything fine?’’ She asked worried I was leaving the party.

‘’I’m just going to the bathroom to fix my dress and freshen up, don’t worry.’’

‘’Want me to come with you?’’ She asked.

‘’No. It will only take a second. I’ll be right back.’’ I answered and turned on my heel going upstairs.

I walked down the corridor to the right were the bathroom was and the light was on. The music was loud but not loud enough to not being able to hear strange sounds coming from the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
The second part of the first chapter is finally posted. Special thanks to Hina for encouraging me with her comment to keep up. I hope you'll enjoy the update.