Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Grin

Norman's P.O.V.

Monday felt like shit with Mingus gone. I missed him so much every time I had to say goodbye. Dani even seemed a little off as she quietly drank her coffee, scrolling thru social media as she smoked at the kitchen island, Eye asleep in her lap.

I was scattered in the living room, the coffee table filled with art I've done and photos I have taken that I was putting in my new book. I had a really good one of Dani I was putting in- she was putting the final touches on a particularly nasty zombie, its jaw torn and hanging down, chunks of its skin missing and part of its neck gone. Her particular style of grotesque was even more amazing up close. Her face was deep in concentration as she worked, her blue eyes shining. I was in awe of her beauty every time I saw her. I was the luckiest man alive. We were moving fast- but it happened so effortlessly. I have never just dove in like this- my biggest concern being Mingus- but he mentioned at the arcade he knew it was gonna work out and he was getting his head around not checking out his future stepmother anymore. He also contuined to remind me to not be a dick to to her as he knew I am to everyone. Most of the time.

Dani came in the living room, holding her phone and frowning. "You don't maybe.... nevermind." She sighed, walking out of the room again. I watched her pace for a few minutes and waited- knowing she would be back. I just had a feeling.

I stacked up the images for the proposal for my meeting Wednesday with the publisher, tidying up the living room and pulling on my jacket.

"Hey babe, I gotta run and get cigarettes. You wanna come?" I asked and she nodded, standing up and sliding on some flip flops and attempted a hoodie but the sling was in the way. "You want help? I asked and she sighed, tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked as she pushed away the help,, shaking her head. "You're in pain aren't you? You need more meds?"

"I'm not taking them. I had a pretty significant heroin bender right after Kailee. I don't like to take pain pills." She winced, pulling off the sling and stretching her arm to pull the hoodie on. Breathing deeply she got it situated, pulling her arm back inside, closing her eyes for a moment. "I took half doses when Ming was here so he wouldn't see me in pain. I'm struggling today baby."

"Okay. I get it. But you were shot. You need something. What can I do?" I asked as she smiled at me with tears in her eyes.

"Oh I got something.... but it's a shitty ask." She mumbled, handing me a cigarette as we headed outside and to her car, Dani tossing me her keys as she went to the passenger seat, falling against the seat- cursing as she struggled with the seat belt.

"Name it." I reached over and grabbed the belt, kissing her soft lips as I pulled it across- clicking it in place.

"I have to go to New York next weekend. My mom requests my presence. I would blow her off but I have an interview and a show to do." She bit her lip as she put her hand on my leg, closing her eyes. "Please don't feel obligated to say yes. You don't have to come I'm sure your busy."

"I would love to go babe... honestly. It'll be nice to ride shotgun instead of being the center of attention."

"You sure? Like... really sure? Because my life is kind of hectic. You don't have to come do the stuff with me. My mom does request your presence though. She's...... a lot."

"No babe, let's do it. What show are you doing?"

"Its just mental health benefit rock concert. I have like two songs to do. One with Corey and one with Chester. Plus- you can meet one of my little sisters." She winked. "Shes the twenty something thing you thought I was." I laughed as she shook her head, smirking. "She's a publicist. Really. Fucking. Annoying."

"What about your interview? What's that for?"

"Howard Stern- so that'll be fun. I just got an email from my manager. Its promo for the show Sunday night and they wanna ask about... ya know..." she chuckled, pointing at her arm. "She said they tried for you too but you said no." She laughed, showing me the email as I parked in front of the gas station.

"I wasn't even asked honestly. Interviews are a hard no like ninety percent of the time. I do like fifty a year just in my AMC contract. I get tired of the same stupid questions." I smirked as she nodded. "I think one with you would be fun though. I'll call my manager. See what she says."

Dani smiled wide, kissing me deeply on the lips as I got lost in her touch for several moments.

Bang. Bang.

The noise made us both jump as we looked up to see Andy banging on the hood while Rob stood behind him laughing. Cursing, Danielle got out of the car quickly, walking up to Andy and punching him in the arm. My eyes wide I jumped out after her while she contuined shouting at him.

"I was literally just shot you ass! That wasn't funny!" She screamed as I approached them, putting a hand on her face as I stepped between them, pulling her focus on me.

"It's ok. He's an asshole. It's okay." I repeated as she nodded, looking around to see the audience she grew in the parking lot. I turned to look at Andy who was rubbing his arm, smirk gone from his face.

"Sorry I punched you...." she mumbled, looking at Andy. "But Norm's right. You're an ass..."

"Im Rob. You're offical boss. It's great to finally meet you." Rob chimed in, sticking out his hand for Danielle awkwardly shake with her left. "Ever acted before? I think you'd..." he began as she took her hand away with a frown.

"Listen man... I'm flattered. But no."

"We are going out to lunch. You guys wanna come?" Andy asked and we both nodded.

We grabbed cigarettes, following them to a steakhouse twenty minutes from home in another small town. Danielle spent the whole drive singing along to the radio and smiling at me. She seemed calmer and happier from when she woke up this morning, hopefully spending the weekend away from here would continue to keep her spirits up.