Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Fresh Air

It took me almost two weeks to get back to work. I stayed at Lauren's, spending all my time writing music and working out- getting myself back to who I was before my brain got clouded with the all consuming thoughts of Norman.

He called every single day.

First I refused to take his calls- but eventually he wore me down. We spent every night on the phone, watching the same TV shows from our prospective beds- commenting on what we were watching and talking about our lives.

After a week I let him come over, sharing pizza and beer- smoking some weed and debating politics and religion till the sun came up. It was good- it was like we were dating, everything falling back into comfortable levels and I started to trust him again.

As with everything in our relationship- pictures of Norm carrying me to the ambulance, covered in blood, were all over the internet. Our publicity people making a simple statement of our loss and need for privacy were released on our social media. Our fans poured sympathy to us and our daughter filled our soul.

Tonight Norm was picking me up to spend the night at his place. It had been four weeks and tonight I was allowed to have sex again- both of us looking forward to celebrating in bed naked together. Things were going great and I was seriously considering moving back home if things went well tonight.

"You look so beautiful." Lauren commented as I put the final touches of my makeup on in the mirror.

"Thanks." I replied, looking down at my phone as Corey fanned his face, thanking her as well. "You're an idiot. She was talking to me."

"Yeah." He smirked, flashing me his award winning smile. "I know. You do look beautiful though D." He commented. "Knock um dead tonight."

Him and I have been talking daily since the concert- ironically Norm did nothing but push us closer together. We hadn't talked this much since his first wife and him got divorced. I shrugged, saying goodbye and hanging up as I put away my makeup. Norman knew he was an idiot. I reminded him of that constantly. The jealous act needed to be gone and stay gone.... or I would be.

"D! Norm's here!" Lauren yelled as I walked out of the bathroom, smiling at him as he stood there uncomfortably- hands in his pockets- unlit cigarette in his lips. I smiled as I approached him, pulling him in for a hug. He smelled amazing.

And he was wearing my favorite shirt.

"You ready?" He asked and I nodded, taking his hand as I said goodnight to Lauren and the new guy she is seeing- warning her of safe sex as I left. Norm opened the truck door for me, kissing my cheek as I got in. We drove to a fantastic Italian resturant and ate dinner, laughing over wine about our week at work. He gave me updates on Ming- commenting he would be back in a few weeks and told me he hoped I could come over to see him. I agreed, but I wasn't sure. Ming still hadn't spoken to me since that day.

Back at the truck our hands were all over each other, causing him to pull over twenty minutes from home. He pulled me on his lap, my panties to the side as he pushed himself inside me, causing me to moan loudly, biting his neck hard. I grinded into him harder and harder- faster and faster as we both cried out in pleasure, finally feeling like we were one again. As we both came in unison he kissed me deeply, his hands gripping my ass so tight as he pushed into me.

"I love you Dani." He moaned into my ear and I smiled- hearing that for the first time and believing it in weeks. "Please, move back home. Marry me. I love you and I will prove it to you for the rest of my life."

"Yes." I nodded. "Yes.."

*****************************************

"So I guess I should tell you my mom will be here in the morning." Norm mentioned as we laid naked in bed- my favorite place to be. We spent an hour moving me out of Lauren's and back into his home before having sex a dozen or so times once I unpacked.

"Wait.... your mom...?" I asked with suprise and he nodded.

"I uhh.... yeah.... shes been worried about me. Us... but definitely me. I haven't been doing great. Pretty sure the writers are gonna kill daryl this season. I'm fucking miserable. Keep fucking up my lines and shit. Literally I just have to be in a cage and I can't do that right."

"Babe....." I said sadly. "I'm sorry...."

"You're back now. I just......" he stopped, his fingers tracing the surgical scar that was still healing.

"Me too." I nodded. "Works been killing me. I consider quitting everyday. I'm struggling."

"You always tell me everything's fine." He questioned me and I shook my head.

"So do you Norm....." I scolded. "We have got to stop lying to each other."

"If one more reporter asks me about....." he sighed, kissing my cheek. "At least you don't have that issue."

"You do remember I have my own credentials right?" I asked, smirking. "I'm not hiding in your shadows. I was someone before I decided to start seeing you."

"I didn't mean anything by it...." he quickly defended himself, holding me close. "I'm sorry. I really didn't...." he stopped as he small me smirking and his jaw dropped. You ass!" He laughed, tickling me as I squealed.

"You deserve it... for that bullshit comment..." I chuckled, holding his hands in place so he would stop. "Norman Reedus... I am hopelessly in love with you. I won't give you a third chance. Don't fuck this up."

"I won't. Thank you for loving me."

**************************************

I woke up to the smell of bacon- my mouth watering and stomach growling. Norm was fast asleep beside me, snoring quietly. Someone was in the house- cooking? I must be having a stroke.

"Babe! Someone's here!" I said loudly, shaking Norm awake. His eyes opened quickly and he frowned at me as I looked at him. "You smell that?"

"What the hell?" He asked, getting up and pulling on jeans as I pulled a shirt over my body, shorts following. We made our way downstairs, peeking around the corner. The living room was spotless, fresh flowers in a vase on the coffee table... eye fast asleep on the sofa.

"Normy!" A lady in her sixties with long grey hair declared, raising her arms out to him and hugging him tightly. I knew immediately it was his mom from the pictures. "Hi Danielle. It's so nice to see you in person. You are even more beautiful in person!"

"Hi Marianne!" I said politely as she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "It's nice to meet you offically."

"This boy!" She said as she pinched Norms cheek. "He sent me all your cds when he started seeing you. Your music is so personal. I love it."

"Thank you so much!" I boasted, my cheeks turning red.

"He told me so much about you I feel like I have known you forever. Come in the dining room you two. Breakfast is ready!"

We followed her into the dining room and my jaw dropped- Mingus standing in the room with a big poster that said 'Dani I'm Sorry.' In big letters. I started crying as I ran up to him and hugged him, crushing the poster and probably his ribs in the process.

"He called me last week and told me everything. I insisted on bringing him for my weekend visit..." Marianne said as Ming hugged me back, crying as well. I turned and hugged Marianne, crying hard as I held her and she rubbed my back. "It's okay honey. You made it to the other side. It's okay. My son gives you trouble again you call me- I'll kick his ass for you. Okay?"

"Okay." I agreed, laughing as I let her go, wiping my tears with my shirt.

"Let's eat!" She said excitedly.

**********************************************

"You are literally my favorite person in the whole world!" I declared as I sat out back with Marianne, sipping wine while Norm and Ming kicked a soccer ball around.

"Correction dear- I created your favorite people in the whole world." She chuckled as she pointed at the men in my life. "You have made my son happy. Yes he is a tad jealous, a terrible communicator, and slightly moody. But he is head over heels in love with you. Thank you for not giving up on him."

"We have been thru so much in our short time together I was starting to think we were cursed." I confessed. "But things are looking up."

"I am so sorry about your daughters." She said softly, grabbing my hand. "I don't have words. Norman wanted to be a father again more than anything else in this world. I didn't think he was going to make it."

"Umm..... honestly I think after losing Kailee I didn't every really think Ella would make it. It hurt pretty bad... but.... I dunno. Norm got the raw end of the deal."

"I'm just glad you guys are together."